Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we all know TNA has may failed attempts of trying to establish a superstar so to speak. But AJ could have been their first. The ball was in AJ's court and he should have run with it. But somewhere a long the line a bunch of old timers sttepped in, desperate attempts for ratings and once big pile of shit on Monday nights led to RVD being champ. RVD won the championship the night after Lockdown I believe. So 4 months as champ. AJ did more in 4 months than RFD, I think we all know that.

I think if AJ was given a year long title reign, TNA could have truly built their first superstar. TNA sucks at building their own talent IMO and rely way too heavily on stars built by McMahon. And every TNA star they have is buried by a WWE star. It's going to bite the in the ass just like how it bit WCW in the ass. And I'm not talking bout the demise of WCW (yes I think we all established by now Kellner fucked them up) I'm talking bout lack of home grown talent.

Case and point I think we all know either Anderson or Angle is gonna win come BFG. The Pope (even though being a former WWE employee) were actually one of the few TNA built on their own you can more or less say. Had a lot of momentum in February but by the time RVD, Anderson, Hardy, started headlining it all went down for him and his match with AJ at Lockdown was an after thought.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
He had it for SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS! A reign that long is nearly unheard of these days. He is not fucking capable of being a main eventer. Build a bridge and get the fuck over it.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He had it for SEVEN FUCKING MONTHS! A reign that long is nearly unheard of these days. He is not fucking capable of being a main eventer. Build a bridge and get the fuck over it.
AJ has the moveset that will win over with fans. Plus Ric Flair actually looked like mentored him off-screen. AJ could have been a huge deal by now.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
AJ has the moveset that will win over with fans. Plus Ric Flair actually looked like mentored him off-screen. AJ could have been a huge deal by now.
Move sets alone don't win over fans. Put AJ in WWE and he's gonna fall into the Evan Bourne and Shelton Benjamin group. Not the Mysterio, Hardy, RVD group.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Im still convincing my self that it will at least be Jeff Hardy Vs. ???? at BFG, simply because i dont want to see angle anderson again, not after the utterly fucking random ladder match BEFORE the utterly over booked (something about only winning via escape if I recall correctly) cage match.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'm tired of seeing AJ Styles as the world champion anyway. Robert Roode should be a main eventer. He has a great look and good mic skills IMO.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
This is ridiculous...AJ held the belt for a LONG time (for modern wrestling). The Monday move was failing miserably and they HAD to try out RVD being champ to see if it helped at all before throwing in the towel. Did it? No. But it was something they had to give a shot. Had he never won the belt then we'd have people bitching that they never tried him out as champ on Monday nights...and how he "mightve been able to bring in viewers". Sometimes, TNA just cant win with you guys. As the old saying goes..damned if you do, damned if you dont.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I'd like to see TNA make Robert Roode and Desmond Wolfe the new main eventers for the company. Christopher Daniels should also come back to TNA.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I thought AJ's title reign was awesome. Thats one thing I wish WWE and TNA did more, is face/heel changes mid reign. It kept AJ's run feeling very new, and I felt he easily could have added on 2 or 3 months, it was a little too early for RVD to take it away.

·
Registered
11,239 Posts
He shouldn't have lost the title the way he did and he shouldn't have lost it to RVD. They should have kept the belt on him a little longer too. They want him to be a star, then they should fucking let him be one.

·
Registered
8,320 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
TNA has changed its not the little indie company now its trying to be bigger than that and more mainstream .

so aj and joe and the indie stars of the old tna need to change to .

aj cant be the world champ for the new tna right now until he gets better charactor wise. so he is where he belongs t.v. champ with rick "your god" flair to help him get over to the bigger level TNA wants now for there world champs.

TNA has changed and is trying to become bigger . fans and wrestlers of the old tna have to accepted that and move on with the way things are now, and what the new TNA is trying to be.

it is what it is , you can love it or hate it ,but its still going to be what its gonna be :(

·
Comin' at you like a double-fisted kangaroo
21,054 Posts
TNA has changed its not the little indie company now its trying to be bigger than that and more mainstream .

so aj and joe and the indie stars of the old tna need to change to .

aj cant be the world champ for the new tna right now until he gets better charactor wise. so he is where he belongs t.v. champ with rick "your god" flair to help him get over to the bigger level TNA wants now for there world champs.

TNA has changed and is trying to become bigger . fans and wrestlers of the old tna have to accepted that and move on with the way things are now, and what the new TNA is trying to be.

it is what it is , you can love it or hate it ,but its still going to be what its gonna be :(
If TNA was a company ran by people with half a clue then maybe they could actually make stars and have AJ or Joe as champ. As it is they've made RVD and Hardy just two more guys on the roster instead of the stars they were. Think how hot Hardy was and now he's in a shitty brawl with his ass hanging out and no one cares. It's not the guys, it's the morons running the company.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts