Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
Save an accident with a reporter (forgot name), I remember her doing good and even being one of Steph girls, not saying shes lying (theres no way to know) just props to her.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
AJ Lee is the perfect example of wrestlers taking their actual personality traits and turning them up to the 10th power to create a compelling character. No wonder she was so great at the crazy gimmick. It's good and bad that she was on top during the dark ages of women's wrestling. It's good because she was able to stand out and appear significantly greater than other women. It's bad because she'll be more remembered more for her popularity than any kind of contributions to women's wrestling, since she was stuck in the era of 3 minute clusterfucks. It took a combination of her protests and the 4 Horsewomen killing it in NXT to make WWE get a clue.
None of the other women (except for Bayley) even acknowledge her existence, which of course contributes to the whitewashing of her impact. Thanks for giving her credit.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Mental disorders are something people diagnose way too freely these days. I have known over a dozen people in my life that will claim that they have had some sort of disorder for attention or to feel special or different or something when in reality they were just lazy.

We do live in a society where those that are "different" are placed on a pedestal after all.

Basically what I am saying is I don't believe her. People with bi polar disorders are hard to be around and people generally seem to like her.
thank you for showing the world your knowledge of mental illness is somewhere below absolutely fucking clueless

·
Registered
991 Posts
A wonderful and powerful read. I'll definitely read her book. It's great of her to share her story with honesty and strength. Total inspiration and a friend and voice for those also struggling with mental illness.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Mental disorders are something people diagnose way too freely these days. I have known over a dozen people in my life that will claim that they have had some sort of disorder for attention or to feel special or different or something when in reality they were just lazy.

We do live in a society where those that are "different" are placed on a pedestal after all.

Basically what I am saying is I don't believe her. People with bi polar disorders are hard to be around and people generally seem to like her.
What a completely fucking moronic comment. Who are you to judge if someone you don't even know has a disorder or not? Mental disorders are very real, and if you're going to discredit someone that has one, at least have some proof.

·
Registered
6,472 Posts
It's disappointing when people in "the biz" care more about Brie Bella's baby bump and social media selfies than about AJ's bipolar announcement.
Could be they're just not acknowledging it in public. They are people after all. Sometimes these things stay private, even if its just responses.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Any person who is willing and bold enough to go out in public, to face the court of public opinion and inform the world that they have a diagnosed mental illness like Bipolar disorder get's nothing but respect and admiration from me.

The term Mental Health has such a negative stigma in today's society, even though there is nothing wrong with that term, to me it is just like saying Physical Health. The problem is and so many of you have touched on this is whenever we are educated about mental health via the media it is usually following some scary incident and the term Mental Health is in big bold letters.

The media usually fails to discern the difference between mental health and Mental illness a lot. Then we can even deeper , many cultures have very controversial views on Mental Illness , some believe that it is evil spirits ( yes I have heard that one!) and other's do not believe that there is any such thing as Mental illness (I have heard that one to) or that everyone that has a diagnosed mental illness or has had their mental health compromised is a dangerous person.

Due to beliefs like this many people keep these things very quiet and often fail to get the help they need often out of fear of being labelled wrongly.

So with all that being said, to see someone of the stature of Aj lee who had a good run in the wwe , achieving fame and being loved by millions use this platform to speak out about her own mental illness and challenge the stigma is a very courageous and admirable thing to do.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts