Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts

·
Devoted Blissfit
1,095 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
So refreshing to see her on TV again, even in this capacity, lol. Like a reunion of sorts with an old lost friend. She does her best to handle this new task of being the wife of a fighter now, and though she will be supporting of her husband's choice 100%, she readily admits that she's not quite ready to see him get bruises on his face and get beat up, even through sparring. An interesting dynamic since it shows we will see AJ in Milwaukee next week for episode 2, watching Punk's simulated fight up close for the first time.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I missed it brehs. Hope to find it somewhere online to watch.

:mj2 AJ
The UFC'll probably put it on their YouTube page if not today, then for sure by tomorrow. They got all sorts of full length shit on their channel, so this one would be no different.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
:lol AJ not being shown on the WWE 24 on the Woman Revolution and so far lots of Bella and Steph yet they're was a Benoit spotting? is she worse than Benoit to them they must really dislike Punk :lol

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
:lol AJ not being shown on the WWE 24 on the Woman Revolution and so far lots of Bella and Steph yet they're was a Benoit spotting? is she worse than Benoit to them they must really dislike Punk :lol
:mj4 I'll never get over how petty they are sometimes. She was the first to start this trend when she was being booked HIGHLY on the main roster as a female. Yet they're giving all this cred to Steph and shit, even thou I know Steph probably pulled a little for those AJ moments, but still. Props to all the new divas and the work they're putting in, but give me a break.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
:mj4 I'll never get over how petty they are sometimes. She was the first to start this trend when she was being booked HIGHLY on the main roster as a female. Yet they're giving all this cred to Steph and shit, even thou I know Steph probably pulled a little for those AJ moments, but still. Props to all the new divas and the work they're putting in, but give me a break.
The worse thing is them showing someone like Moolah who ran forced prostitution rings disguised as “training camps", with underage girls who wanted to become wrestlers like Luna Vachon

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
The worse thing is them showing someone like Moolah who ran forced prostitution rings disguised as “training camps", with underage girls who wanted to become wrestlers like Luna Vachon
woah

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
I don't care what propaganda they try to disguise now but the real 4hw who got people into women's wrestling were paige aj and the bellas. And there is proof of that. The segments of those 4 had higher ratings, all 4 sell way more merch, and all 4 had higher ratings on yt, ig and sm statistics. It's really sad how they try to hide that, but the facts don't lie.

·
NEWCASTLE UNITED
2,879 Posts

I haven't watched the WWE 24 thing yet, but it doesn't surprise me they completely neglected to mention AJ, they are that petty. Remember this is a company that deliberately stalled on their divas revolution even though it desperately needed the title, just to string out Nikki Bella's title reign a few extra months to knock AJ's accolade off. End of the day she was the focal point of the women for years and was damn successful at everything they asked of her. Bitch had a ton of fans and still does. Sold merch up with the guys, held her own in main event spots and as GM. (People are quick to shit on AJ during those times but for real, could any of the current women do a better job, fuck no, she was better on the mic than all of them). She's also wrote a book when half the women on the roster probably can't even read one.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,636 Posts
I did watch that UFC stuff, my god Punk is a lucky bastard, AJ seems like the coolest person in the world

·
Registered
1,428 Posts

I haven't watched the WWE 24 thing yet, but it doesn't surprise me they completely neglected to mention AJ, they are that petty. Remember this is a company that deliberately stalled on their divas revolution even though it desperately needed the title, just to string out Nikki Bella's title reign a few extra months to knock AJ's accolade off. End of the day she was the focal point of the women for years and was damn successful at everything they asked of her. Bitch had a ton of fans and still does. Sold merch up with the guys, held her own in main event spots and as GM. (People are quick to shit on AJ during those times but for real, could any of the current women do a better job, fuck no, she was better on the mic than all of them). She's also wrote a book when half the women on the roster probably can't even read one.

From firing her husband on her wedding day (AFTER almost killing him, BTW), to having essentially Stephanie be the one to announce AJ's streak being broken by her puppet pawn Nikki, to now this, I am so numb to WWE pettiness that I can't even be shocked anymore. In fact, as one astute oral historian from Stockton, CA once said...

But now, after seeing that preview, once again, the strong selling point of this series of how does AJ react to all of this will be shown in a bigger spotlight next week, guaranteed. You saw her nervousness at the mere thought of her husband getting beat up (possibly psychological reminders of how sick and miserable he was with his staph infection), now she's gonna have to see it up close. And knowing how Punk did in his first sparring match, there could be loads of drama added on now with the wife watching.

It's not a new thing, though. Spouses of fighters always feel that emotional dreaded fear in almost all capacities. Melissa Cotto, Jinkee Pacquiao and Shane Carwin's wife immediately comes to mind here.

EDIT: Remember when I mentioned AJ's nervousness is a possible trigger to her of how much he was suffering with his staph infection? This screenshot of a tumblr post illustrates that point perfectly.

https://twitter.com/hughesytweets/status/766088336968527872

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Dropping in to add how much I hate how WWE gives all the credit for the women's revolution to the four horsewomen and don't aknowledge how AJ (and others like Paige, Emma, etc) also contributed and pretty much laid the groundwork, even when they were being held back and not given the same opportunities (WWE's fault but they like to ignore that) as the horsewomen and the rest of the women's division today

Also, AJ and Punk are such a nice and well-fitted couple lol. The documentary was really cool. Can't wait for the rest of it. I'm one of the few rooting for Punk.

I'm excited for AJ's book too. I really want to read it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't care what propaganda they try to disguise now but the real 4hw who got people into women's wrestling were paige aj and the bellas. And there is proof of that. The segments of those 4 had higher ratings, all 4 sell way more merch, and all 4 had higher ratings on yt, ig and sm statistics. It's really sad how they try to hide that, but the facts don't lie.
Well they didn't exactly omit the Bellas contributions. Paige's contributions have definitely been under publicized.

181 - 200 of 749 Posts