Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
maybe I'm stupid, but I don't understand. if AJ being champion was to just decide to leave, how does that work in a storyline that makes sense? if AJ is the TNA champion and decides to leave, I think it would make more sense for the company storyline to say fine, see ya later, and then strip him of being the champion. if he wants to leave, then he can't be the companies champion.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Hopefully he defends the title on W-1 November 16 show.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
maybe I'm stupid, but I don't understand. if AJ being champion was to just decide to leave, how does that work in a storyline that makes sense? if AJ is the TNA champion and decides to leave, I think it would make more sense for the company storyline to say fine, see ya later, and then strip him of being the champion. if he wants to leave, then he can't be the companies champion.
They don't have to strip him of the title for things to make sense. If he leaves before he loses the title or before they have a chance to strip him of it he could still go around saying that he's still the champion even though they'll eventually crown a new champion back on Impact. It would be more of a bragging thing than anything.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
whether they strip him or not, they could more easily make someone new the companies champion if AJ leaves. he can take "that title belt" wherever he wants, but it doesn't have to be recognized as the TNA world heavyweight championship anymore if TNA decides to make a new champion. isn't that what Ric Flair did with the NWA heavyweight title when he left from WCW to go to WWE? he showed up in WWE with that title belt, but they blurred it on TV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love this angle, and if done correctly, it can come out awesome. Noone in TNA's roster is better than AJ for showcasing the company. So, AJ would comply with his on-screen responsibilities on Impact, making Dixie sweat but (kayfabe) refusing to give AJ a new contract. AJ does what it takes to keep the belt, doing a belt defense once a month, but at the same time, freelancing in the indies and maybe Japan as well, showing up with the title. If TNA can make a deal with different promotions for having AJ show up and wrestle all over the place, that would give TNA really good exposure.

Best thing would obviously be showing up on WWE Raw and kicking someones ass, but Dixie would have to have compromising pics of Vince being naughty with Ric Flair or something to make that happen :woolcock

But, maybe NJPW, ROH, AAA and that new one they have a deal with which I can't remember the name of atm.

Forget what TNA could legally do to AJ if it was true that he didn't have a contract and shows up everywhere with the belt. This is marketing GOLD!

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
TNA must be trolling with this storyline, they simply can't actually rip off a storyline from another company to such a degree and be serious about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
TNA must be trolling with this storyline, they simply can't actually rip off a storyline from another company to such a degree and be serious about it.
Who are they ripping off? If you're referring to WWE with the Punk thing, do you think that was original? It wasn't even handled well imo. They aren't ripping off anyone, they are doing an angle which has been done for decades before WWE did it with Punk, so if anything, they are doing a traditional storyline.

·
Registered
250 Posts
whether they strip him or not, they could more easily make someone new the companies champion if AJ leaves. he can take "that title belt" wherever he wants, but it doesn't have to be recognized as the TNA world heavyweight championship anymore if TNA decides to make a new champion. isn't that what Ric Flair did with the NWA heavyweight title when he left from WCW to go to WWE? he showed up in WWE with that title belt, but they blurred it on TV.
Yes, they can do it like WCW and Ric Flair. But I hope that they will do it like NJPW and Broc Lesnar. NJPW had a new champion after Lesnar refused to give the title back. But they tried everything to return the original belt too. Even they included it in storylines. As far as I remember Hiroshi Tanahashi was speculating about going to USA and "chasing someone who stole something". Later Broc agreed to defend and lose the title to Kurt Angle. Then Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Angle and unified the two titles and after nearly two years the original belt returned to NJPW. That was great storyline although it was legitimate.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think this is a good opportunity for him to go work as one of the partners for Great Muta's promotion, agree?

It might be interesting for them to do fully, what WWE never did with CM Punk leaving WWE with the belt.

However on the other hand, is it really that smart to have ur World champ off ur TV for so long? This might have been a better angle for leading upto BFG, where Styles returns right before the PPV to challenge the BFG winner.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
i don't think it makes sense for the guy who is supposed to be "The Guy" to jump off TNA television for however many weeks or 2-3 months right at the time the company really needs a strong character to attract eyeballs on thursday nights

but if his time gone is minimal and his time "gone" is a success maybe it will bring TNA some small success and they need any kind of success to build on right now since they haven't had any since i don't know when, aries beating roode?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
I don't see how this is ripping off anything, it's one of the most traditional storylines you could have in wrestling.

Muta was actually saying recently (around the time he was meeting Jarrett) that his idea was to have a Wrestle-1 Champion that regularly goes around the world defending it. I imagine further down the road when the Wrestle-1 roster increases and has a Heavyweight Champion, we'll see "super matches" quite often.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I hope TNA does this but still keep AJ on TV. Have AJ leave with the "belt" and wrestle for other promotions be it AAA, Wrestle-1, OVW or even some NWA promotions. But, have TNA receive video of AJ defending the "belt" on these shows while at the same time Dixie has a small tourney or a battle royal whatever to name the new champion (could just use the orginal TNA Title Belt that Angle and Joe had or if they want to spend the money debut a new one). That way your top guy is still on TNA TV without actually being on TNA TV. That would lead to the eventual champion vs. champion match.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts

True but remember wrestling has no logic, Its more exciting to have him ditch out with the belt. I mean are they going to send a army to track him down to get he belt back ? ha

·
Registered
904 Posts
HOLY SHIT! I'm marking out for this bit of news!

TNA = the realest wrestling company ever. They really make the kayfabes believe, and even the smarls sometimes get a bit confused.

Reactions: TubsOfFun
1 - 20 of 36 Posts