Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mean its getting real old him being the sole guy who mainly holds it while others just borrow it for a limited time until he takes it back from them. It was funny for a little while at first but the joke has gotten old, you can only see him comically get and lose the title so many fucking times.

I mean god put him in a tag team or something, just do something different with him ffs, its like Vince thinks this shits hilarious and never wants it to fucking end.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
17,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
To do what and with whom?

He's not a credible threat to anyone.
I dunno i'm just tired of seeing him in this 24/7 shit, jesus do something else with him. Put him back to what he was doing before, just the occasional comedy segment and jobbing to upper mid carders for all i care. Its not like i want him to move on to a bigger role, i don't give a shit what they do with him as long as this 24/7 shit comes to an end with him, i'm beyond tired of it at this point.

I don't need to see him become a 50 time 24/7 champion.

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,610 Posts
There's a reason he only completes for the bottom title. He's not credible. That's why he wins a shit title by sneaking up on people.

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
No, he ain't going anywhere. Vince likes yucking it up at the "dumb black guy dancing and saying goofy shit" while doing those segments.

I don't mean to take it in a racist direction but I just can't help but visualize Vince and Kevin Dunn watching Truth on a TV somewhere and laughing their stupid laughs.

·
Southern Pride
3,538 Posts
I'm afraid that they will stop using R-Truth on TV if they move him away from the 24/7 Championship. WWE has shown that they are willing to let talent sit on the sidelines for awhile if they have no plans for them. R-Truth was in that spot before he and Carmella got together.

The guy is 47. I feel like we are fortunate that he is even still active.

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
996 Posts
I dunno i'm just tired of seeing him in this 24/7 shit, jesus do something else with him. Put him back to what he was doing before, just the occasional comedy segment and jobbing to upper mid carders for all i care. Its not like i want him to move on to a bigger role, i don't give a shit what they do with him as long as this 24/7 shit comes to an end with him, i'm beyond tired of it at this point.

I don't need to see him become a 50 time 24/7 champion.
Problem is, what could he realistically do? Other than comedy skits or being an enhancement talent. But the problem with the latter is that he just is not a threat, so he ain't 'enhancing' anyone.

But hey, he's sittin' pretty with his advanced age. At least he's not constantly jobbing or defiling his legacy.

·
Registered
909 Posts
The man is pushing 50 and has a regular spot on TV and is funny. He is also getting appearances on mainstream shows with this angle and interacting with legends and celebrities. Why would he want to move away from it???????

·
The Babyface of WF
12,481 Posts
He's a comedy act that maybe with the right material given to him could use an overhaul, His 2011 Heel run I can take seriously enough to be a Midcard champion, Sure he's still a doofus but a crazed one is better than a clown.

·
I WANT ALL THE MEAT!
1,280 Posts
Truth looks great for his age and can still wrestle really really well. I say give him one more 2-3 month title reign as intercontinental or us or tag at least. But truth is also one of the only older wrestlers thats in the low card still getting huge pops from fans so hes still credible i think

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
no, he and maverick are the only people making it remotely entertaining

Reactions: jpickens

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
R-Truth is one of the best things the WWE has going for it. Honestly I'm hoping he gets confused about which title he's competing for, rushes into the ring, pins Seth Rollins and becomes the Universal Champion. Even if his reign lasts a week I'd be thrilled to see Rollins loose the belt this way.

But as far as 24/7... Truth can have 30+ reigns this year and I'd be good with it. Him and Mella make this Money.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,530 Posts
What would they do with him? I mean they'd never actually push him in any kind of meaningful way because R-Truth is actually entertaining and has personality, and the McMahon's hate that.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The 24/7 belt is a novelty. It was fun because it was new and added something different. Now its getting old so I can see the belt fading to non existance soon.

R Truth is at his best as a comedy character so can't see a better role then that.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts