Wrestling Forum banner

Agree or Disagree: Controlled bullying is a effective way to weed out the weak!

• Agree

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Disagree

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- It happens in the army where only the bravest and most skilled(under normal circumstances) are recruited to defend the nation. The army trainer purposely bullies those who he believes is weak and those who need to be prepare/hardened for tough situations they might eventually end up facing in a war time situation.

- It happens in New Japan dojos, where the youngsters are intentionally bullied around and forced to the point of quitting, they are even beaten sometimes. All this is done in order to weed the weaklings and ensure the strongest remain to represent Japan pro-wrestling scene in the most effective way possible.

So here's the question, why should WWE be any different?

WWE is the biggest wrestling promotion in the world, and as such they should be allowed to recruit only the best of the best. If a controlled bullying tactic works to remove the weak and pick the best, then why shouldn't WWE do it?

WWE's best and hottest periods, the Hulkamania era and the attitude era, came at a time when this practice was allowed and encouraged. As a result, you had talents who weren't afraid to challenge the authority and change the game. Stars like Steve Austin, Undertaker, Triple H came along thanks to this system.

If Austin was Politically correct Social Justice warrior like Sami Zayn, how big of star do you think he really would've been?

·
Premium Member
18,164 Posts
Tough love is fine. It's a tough industry so they should be do whatever it takes to make sure the superstars realise just how though it can be.

Stuff like stealing another persons passport isn't tough love, It's just being an ass.

You can show tough love and push people to their limits as long as it's during training regiments and such. Once it moves out of training and just becomes a daily occurrence in the superstars personal life it's an issue

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Stealing somebody's passport and all the other shit we've heard JBL and other guys like Bill Demott doing is not "controlled bullying", especially when the chief victim is an announcer who is not doing the same job and thus doesn't need the experience, it's just bullying. I don't have anything against them being tough on them to teach them that the business is hard to do and you have to be mentally strong to do it successfully, but I do have a problem with being a dick for no reason, and there is a clear difference. What they do in WWE is not for a purpose other than their own satisfaction.

·
Actively avoiding Testicular Torsion
4,025 Posts
Here we go again

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
This is the most retarded thread anyone ever made on this forum.

Weed out the weak? Let's start with this ridiculous gimmick poster then.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Nope has no place in wrestling. Wrestling you have to trust the other guy with your body. I know if someone was being an ass to me backstage I wouldn't trust him in the ring to take care of me. I'd prefer adults actual act like adults, which is a hard thing to ask these days of people apparently

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.