Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only reason the crowd has been so split on Reigns is simply because more and more fans are getting information online. Everyone is involved with the IWC and the opinions of people on websites like this one and reddit, youtube, etc, rubs off on others.
Everyone was talking about how bad of a mic worker/ring worker Reigns is, and its true if you look into it, but WWE has done an amazing job at hiding his weaknesses ever since he was in the Shield. Not nearly as many fans would have been able to identify he's still green, and wouldn't caught on if it wasn't for the internet (at least not so soon). This is why the younger kids still love him and the older pure wrestling fans really dislike him.

Don't be fooled if this was 2008-2009, Reigns would be HUGE, insanely over. Ever since the Royal Rumble (2013) where he broke Kane's elimination record, his booking has been near perfect, in terms of the perception they want to give of him.

What are your thoughts on this?

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
So he would just be Sheamus.

:sheamus

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,658 Posts
I mean, it didn't have nearly the influence it has these days. Where were the smark crowds (like philly) back then?
2009 was six years ago, not sixteen. Internet was just as powerful back then.

And I DISAGREE because 2009 blessed us with the greatest rivalry in history of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cole Cena vs. Orton every PPV :cole :cole :cole

·
Banned
2,011 Posts
"Everyone was talking about how bad of a mic worker/ring worker Reigns is, and its true if you look into it, but WWE has done an amazing job at hiding his weaknesses ever since he was in the Shield. Not nearly as many fans would have been able to identify he's still green, and wouldn't caught on if it wasn't for the internet (at least not so soon). This is why the younger kids still love him and the older pure wrestling fans really dislike him."

So you can admit hes green..sucks on the mic but as long as its not pointed out its ok :heyman2 alrighty then ...Im sorry but just because kids are too young to tell if someone is bad dont mean they get a pass if he sucks he sucks and should be moved back until he can improve too many guys bust their butts and are better to let some green rookie take out Brock a guy who is carrying Taker's legacy with him

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Well it's not 2009.

2009 had WOAT crowds. Every crowd was dead. That was one year where even smarks didn't attend the shitty shows.

Also BTW OP. IF The Rock got booed by smarks in 1996(As Rocky Maliva) and 2002. Wtf you think would happen to Reigns in 2009?

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
I somewhat agree, but I think it's more so that there are so many other young stars at the moment that deserve Reigns' spot rather than the influence of the internet.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Do you not remember 2005-2006 for John Cena when the fans began to turn on him when he feuded with Jericho, Angle, Christian, Edge, and even the king of burials Triple H. How would 2009 for Reigns be any different than 2015.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
2009 is such a random year to be throwing out there. Maybe like 1989 he would be huge because it was the Hogan/Warrior/Andre era of "the look" and larger than life characters. But 2009? What makes it so different from 2015?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I first got into wwe in 2009. Im pretty sure Sheamus and Drew McInrye were getting shitted on the internet then just like Roman is now...

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Jeff hardy would kick his ass in popularity there is no way he would out pop, out sell, out perform Hardy. Jeff is not as good of a wrestler as Daniel Bryan but im positive the crowd would choose him over Reigns no matter what the machine do.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts