Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marvel has announced two new live-action shows that will come to Hulu in 2020: Marvel’s Ghost Rider and Marvel’s Helstrom. They’ll join Marvel’s Runaways and the slate of animated Marvel shows that the two companies also recently announced.

Marvel’s Ghost Rider is actually a spinoff of sorts. It’ll focus on the version of the hero known as Robbie Reyes — previously seen in live action on Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. on ABC (as opposed to the Johnny Blaze iteration of the character infamously played by Nicolas Cage in a pair of movies). Gabriel Luna, who played Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., will continue to reprise the role, although the story apparently won’t be related to his earlier appearance on Agents of SHIELD.
Source

FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES, FUCK YES :mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:!!!!!! Only issue is that this is a pseudo-reboot and isn't currently connected to AoS. So I'm guessing the plan is to re-imagine Reyes for the MCU, but still though FUCK YES!

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I was excited until I saw the "the story apparently won’t be related to his earlier appearance on Agents of SHIELD." line. Boo! Give us a proper spinoff. No point in even bringing back the same actor if it won't be a continuation of his earlier appearances on AOS.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I really liked Ghost Rider character on AOS. I don’t know if I liked him enough to where I would wanna watch his own series.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was excited until I saw the "the story apparently won’t be related to his earlier appearance on Agents of SHIELD." line. Boo! Give us a proper spinoff. No point in even bringing back the same actor if it won't be a continuation of his earlier appearances on AOS.
Why use the AoS version and the AoS actor if it's not connected to the AoS continuity?
My thinking is that season one takes place prior to his AoS appearance or they want to build him to fit the MCU later down the line. Otherwise this is a bit ridiculous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts