Wrestling Forum banner

Age has NOTHING to do with it!

1039 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  TJTheGr81
I am tired of reading about how new fans claim old fans only liked the attitude era because they were 'kids' and that they have now 'grown out' of wrestling.

This is BS.

Age has nothing to do with it. Many fans (like me) were already adults during the attitude era and have watched how the franchise has taken a nosedive in recent years.

I challenge these people who claim 'age is a factor' to watch some older PPV's on DVD (I made a thread showing 3 good ones to get started with) and then claim wrestling is not so good because of 'age'.
See less
I am tired of reading about how new fans claim old fans only liked the attitude era because they were 'kids' and that they have now 'grown out' of wrestling.

This is BS.

Age has nothing to do with it. Many fans (like me) were already adults during the attitude era and have watched how the franchise has taken a nosedive in recent years.

I challenge these people who claim 'age is a factor' to watch some older PPV's on DVD (I made a thread showing 3 good ones to get started with) and then...
See more
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
Ease up on the number of threads you're creating. That's 4 different threads on the first couple of pages. Some of these topics have been covered at length in the past as well. Mods won't be happy.

· Premium Member
2,946 Posts
All of your threads could be condensed into one... stop making new thread that are so similar.

· Registered
201 Posts
I started watching wrestling back in 1988 -- during Savage's world title reign in the WWF.

I personally miss the anticipation for the PPVs when there were only four per year. And we were fed weekly jobber match shows on "Superstars", which made me anticipate Saturday Night's Main Event TV specials that occurred about 4-5 times a year.

The "Attitude Era" was pretty special, but it was special because of performers like Steve Austin and The Rock. I personally found the focus on T&A to be distasteful, but I did like the edgier matches which were influenced by ECW.

Wrestling on TV now is over-saturated. Why pay to watch a match on PPV, when it's basically given away for free on TV? We get the equivalent of a Saturday Night's Main Event every week for free on RAW.

· Registered
5,028 Posts
Dude if you hate the product so much, if you think there isn't enough wrestling, too much entertainment, too kid friendly, or whatever, the answer is simple, STOP WATCHING IT!! Switch to CZW if you want blood and gore, or ROH if you want all wrestling, do whatever the hell you want. We don't want to see you complain on here all day.

You see, the fact is that Vince cares about making money right now and doesn't care about the product because he has no competition. If you want to help them get a little competition, watch TNA and increase their viewership. Because I still enjoy WWE. Last night's Raw was awesome. Don't ruin it for me. Is it as good as it was 10 or 12 years ago?? No, it's not. Will it ever be?? Maybe, no one can tell the future.

So, just stop opening stupid topics complaining about WWE.

/thread :)

· Registered
5,140 Posts
trying to get enough posts to view the media section?

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
lol the wrestling in the Attitude Era was not that great.

you ever watch one of the main event matches? they each hit their finisher five times, then hit their opponents finisher two times, then they hit a sub-finisher, then their opponents finisher again, then their opponents sub-finisher, then they get locked in a submission move for five minutes, then another finisher, then a submission move for ten minutes, they counter into a submission move of their own, then comes interference for a dirty finish, now we have another finisher, here's a roll-up, ref gets hit, finisher, someone grabs a belt, guy comes in, swerve finish with another interference.

that shit was a joke. luckily, the Attitude Era had twice the talent we have today, so they were able to get past this and still make the matches pretty entertaining, but the wrestling overall is overrated by many.

another awful thread, keep em coming.

· Registered
231 Posts
Is this guy literally retarded? Like seriously? Cause if so, that would explain a lot! I'm honestly baffled at how much of an assclown he is...
yeah really....i opened a few threads randomly and by the time i get thru 3 im like wtf is wrong with people today on this board and see its all posts from him lol

· Registered
1,518 Posts
Yeah you were already an adult, but you were younger. Everyone prefers their sweet memories over new ones. Austin pouring beers everywhere and incapacitating everyone with stunners is just not nearly as good as people think.

· Banned
77 Posts
lol the wrestling in the Attitude Era was not that great.

you ever watch one of the main event matches? they each hit their finisher five times, then hit their opponents finisher two times, then they hit a sub-finisher, then their opponents finisher again, then their opponents sub-finisher, then they get locked in a submission move for five minutes, then another finisher, then a submission move for ten minutes, they counter into a submission move of their own, then comes interference for a dirty finish, now we have another finisher, here\'s a roll-up, ref gets hit, finisher, someone grabs a belt, guy comes in, swerve finish with another interference.

that shit was a joke. luckily, the Attitude Era had twice the talent we have today, so they were able to get past this and still make the matches pretty entertaining, but the wrestling overall is overrated by many.

another awful thread, keep em coming.
Who honestly cares about the \"wrestling\" if the product is entertaining and engaging? People don\'t watch the WWE for wrestling, and rating\'s viewership proves this. Matches generally seem to lose viewers more times than not.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
i find it hard to believe you were an adult in the attitude era. let alone the PG era.

i thought a lot of stuff was cool when i was a kid and when i look back on it now it was stupid and lame. this includes some aspects of the beloved attitude era.

· Banned
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah you were already an adult, but you were younger. Everyone prefers their sweet memories over new ones. Austin pouring beers everywhere and incapacitating everyone with stunners is just not nearly as good as people think.
It wasn't just that though. Back then you had real intensity between the wrestlers.

It's nothing to do with nostalgia and everything to do with how the show worked back then.

I can easily watch a PPV from the 1990s and be gauranteed a great show. Nowadays? Not so much, even at Wrestlemania.

The last good Wrestlemania was in 2003.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.