Wrestling Forum banner

Against All Odds

1010 9
I just watched to give some thought's on TNA's upcoming PPV.

Am I the only one who forgot that TNA was even having a PPV event until they brought it up this week? It seems like TNA spent so much time invested in promoting the "they" angle that the PPV was forgotten about.

The main event of Jeff Hardy vs Mr. Anderson in a Ladder match has me interested, it could be a good spotfest if we get lucky.

I'm not sure about Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett, if it's anything like their confrontation on Genesis, we could be disappointed.

Other matches that could and I'm hoping will turn out good include The Pope vs. Samoa Joe, Mickie James vs. Madison Rayne is a Last Knockout Standing Match and the Three Person Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E for the #1 contendership to the X Championship.

I'm not so excited about some of the matches on the undercard. The whole Immortal vs. Fortune match I expect to be rushed. Neither Bubba or D-Von have been good in the ring for a very long time and RVD and Matt Hard are both way past their prime and I don't expect much from them.

I'm really disappointed AJ Styles hasn't been booked for the event, obviously I'm a massive AJ mark, so the possibility my favorite wrestle might not appear kind of irks me. I'm hoping he gets a match last minute or is added to on of the other matches on the show.

ANyways, those are just my thoughts and opinions. Lemme hear what your thoughts are?

Are you guys getting the PPV or not? I usually get every TNA PPV, except when I can see it will be a total bomb a mile off. But this one has me slightly interested at the least.

Are you going to watch TNA Against All Odds?

• Yes. I am buying the PPV.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Yes. I will watch the PPV online. (Streaming, torrenting etc.)

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No. This particular PPV doesn't interest me. (I'll pick up on Impact next week, Google results etc.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I never buy any TNA PPV.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Not sure yet.

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
567 Posts
Hell man, at this point I'm just glad we didn't get "treated" to the tournament-style bs they tried to pull off last year. It was just not that great.

I think this show might be a sleeper, really. Not in a boring kind of way, I mean that people might be underestimating how good of a show it could be. I'm not saying it'll be incredible or anything, but at least pretty good.

· Registered
11 Posts
Madison Rayne is no where near Mickie James'level. Mickie should win, but I see Sarita and Tara interfering on the champion's behalf.

Mr. Anderson did win Money in the Bank in 2007, and defeated Kurt Angle last year for the Lockdown key, so he has ladder match experience. Jeff Hardy is the king of ladder matches, so they are capable of putting on one hell of a match. Let's just hope it pans out that way.

As for the rest of the card... hoping X-Divison doesn't disappoint, even though I'm not a fan of the three competitors (all heels). There should have been at least one babyface.

And I love Beer Money, Inc. but damn... booking them for a six-man tag match with Steiner, Rob Terry, Gunner, and Murphy... that sounds really horrible.

· Sleeps nude in an oxygen tent.
9,284 Posts
Eh I don't know, I'm not interested in more than half the matches. Kinda interested to see Jeff Hardy in a ladder match because I love that man in ladder matches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.