Matt Hardy vs RVD
Pope vs Joe
Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle
Jeff Hardy vs Anderson

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
What a lackluster card this is:

- I liked the set up for the X Division Contenders match, but why the hell did they put Robbie E of all people in there. Out of the 9 guys they had in qualifying matches, I can't believe Robbie was even considered for this. I mean Lethal, Sabin, Williams, Red, Daniels-cide? Nah! We want the bad Jersey Shore ripoff! Oh boy! Anyways I'm picking Robbie E to win the match too, and I will roll my eyes when it happens.

- Who the hell invited Gunner & Murphy to the PPV? Good Lord that six man tag just sounds so pointless. That sounds like the type of match that should be on Impact as a tune up for Steiner & BMI for a bigger match with someone more important like The Hardys & Hernandez or something. I pray to God Steiner & Beer Money get the win here. Anything else would be stupid.

- Mickie Vs. Madison is the one match on the show I really have no problems with at all. Its very basic in its set up, but its carried over from a fairly decent Women's feud, they are raising the stakes, their match last month was good, & we will probably get a title change here. I'm going with Mickie. Again, nothing spectacular, but there isn't anything obviously wrong with it either.

- Pope Vs. Joe...love the talents, hate the feud. Basically that's how I feel. This feud just makes absolutely no sense. Why does Joe care if Pope is a fraud? Why has Pope just abandoned his crusade against Immortal to be a hustler? Why is Joe following Pope around with a camera? I don't think anybody really cares. Anyways, at least one of them will actually get a PPV win this month. I'll go with The Pope to get the win.

- Bully Ray Vs. Brother Devon in a Streetfight....who the fuck cares?!?! I'll pick Devon and pray for the end of this feud & their involvement with the TV show when its over. Next!

- Hardy Vs. RVD wasn't very good at the last PPV and I'm not looking forward to seeing it again. RVD will most likely head into Lockdown as Number One Contender and this will be him getting his win back from Genesis, so RVD for the win. You know, for a guy that is seeking vengeance against Jeff Hardy to build an inevitible showdown, he doesn't get much mic time. And for a guy who just signed with the company from the WWE, Matt doesn't get much either. Oh well.

- Jeff Jarrett Vs. Kurt Angle, same as Pope/Joe really. Great talents involved, but this feud is so stupid and the stipulations are just ridiculous. And oh yes, another wedding angle! Hooray! Its not like those are stale & tired ideas or anything. Jeff Jarrett will get the win heading into the renewal ceremony with Karen. Based on the stipulations, I just don't see the heel losing.

- Anderson Vs. Hardy in a Ladder match for the gold. This match is fine I guess. It got rushed onto the card following the hyped rematch on Impact. Hardy tends to do well in the spotfesty type matches, but we shall see. I think it will be RVD Vs. Hardy at Lockdown, so I fully expect Jeff Hardy to win the title back here.

·
Registered
594 Posts
For the first time in a long time I really like the look of this Pay Per View and I'm looking forward to just about every match.

Robbie E vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck
Bully Ray vs Devon
Immortal vs BMI and Scott Steiner
Mickie James vs Madison Rayne
Matt Hardy vs RVD
Pope vs Joe
Jeff Hardy vs Anderson

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Robbie E vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck- This result is a bit obvious. When you've a triple threat that includes a tag team, usually the other guy wins.
Bully Ray vs Devon- Think Bully Ray's been getting owned too much lately for him to lose.
Immortal vs BMI and Scott Steiner- No way this goes down otherwise.
Mickie James vs Madison Rayne- Could go either way really. On one hand, Madison is so awesome right now, best KO in the company. On the other hand, Mickie has to win at some point. The question is, does Madison drop it now, or do they extend it another month. I'm going with now but nothing would surprise me.
Matt Hardy vs RVD- Now that I think about it again, this is going to extend another month. RVD will win at the next PPV and go for Jeff at Lockdown.
Pope vs Joe - Pope needs this win more than Joe. I expect Immortal to help Pope, for him to join them.
Jeff Jarrett vs Kurt Angle - The stipulations make this a bit too obvious.
Jeff Hardy vs Anderson- I can see Hardy winning, but his legal situation remains unresolved, so I'll go with Anderson. Jeff will probably win at the next PPV if he doesn't go to jail, setting up RVD vs. Jeff at Lockdown. Anderson's reign just screams "transition" unfortunately. There is no other heel being built up to challenge him, which is usually the sign that sooner or later, Hardy's winning it back.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
- I liked the set up for the X Division Contenders match, but why the hell did they put Robbie E of all people in there. Out of the 9 guys they had in qualifying matches, I can't believe Robbie was even considered for this. I mean Lethal, Sabin, Williams, Red, Daniels-cide? Nah! We want the bad Jersey Shore ripoff! Oh boy! Anyways I'm picking Robbie E to win the match too, and I will roll my eyes when it happens.
I’ve been wondering the same thing about Robbie E since reading the spoilers last week. Frankly, looking at the Impact three-ways, it seems like they pretty much had the weakest guy as far as overness and ability go over in all three of the qualifiers. If I was putting together a #1 contenders match that was to kick off the latest theoretical bi-annual attempt to restart the X Division, I wouldn’t choose the three that are in that match over Sabin, Williams, Lethal or Daniels even if I dislike the Suicide gimmick. I remember how awkward and unheated the Max vs. Jeremy vs. Robbie E vs. Kazarian four-way was last month. While the PPV match will be longer than 3 minutes so it has a better chance of being a decent match in one respect, there’s still nobody in there for the fans to get behind. There’s nobody with any credibility either, which is another problem.

Who the hell invited Gunner & Murphy to the PPV?
I’m more offended by Rob Terry. As down as I am on Gunner & Murphy, at least I can’t remember them tripping over their own feet and botching 2 simple moves in a segment where all they had to do was use 3 moves to clear the ring of 4-5 good workers. If those two, who have never won a match, were going to be on the PPV and Ink Inc weren’t, why did Ink Inc win that random, seemingly pointless tag match on last week’s show?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Robbie E vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck

Bully Ray vs Devon

Immortal vs BMI and Scott Steiner

Mickie James vs Madison Rayne

Matt Hardy vs RVD

Pope vs Joe

Jeff Hardy vs Anderson

·
Registered
990 Posts
Very average looking PPV. Only matches that slightly interest me are Pope/Joe, Angle/Jarrett and Hardy/Anderson. Pope still hasn't had any good/great matches so he really needs to prove himself after some lackluster bouts with AJ and Angle last year. Despite being overbooked, I'm a fan of the Angle/Jarrett feud. I can see the next 3 PPVs featuring the two in singles bouts with it culminating at Lockdown. Hardy/Anderson could go either way for me. If Anderson wins, I expect a subsequent heel turn or if Hardy wins, we're getting Hardy/RVD as our Lockdown main event.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hardy can't win the belt yet because his guilty plea hearing was rescheduled to a date in February. Once that is over, expect the belt to unfortunately change hands.

·
The Man Comes Around
8,525 Posts
Steiner will probably turn heel tonight... this look so clear as crystal

Madison Rayne is just awesome but she gonna drop the belt tonight... pretty sad cause i'm not a big fan of James since she returned on October, she look kinda sloppy and Sarita and Winter deserves more a shot at Rayne's title at this very moment.

The PPV look very uninteresting

·
Registered
130 Posts
TNA World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match:
Mr. Anderson (c) vs. Jeff Hardy
Winner: Mr. Anderson

Jeff Jarrett vs. Kurt Angle
Winner: Jeff Jarrett

Samoa Joe vs. "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero
Winner: The Pope via DQ

Street Fight:
Bully Ray vs. Brother Devon (& His 2 Sons?)
Winner: Bully Ray (Classic Russo swerve with Brother Devon's sons joining their "Uncle" Bully Ray because their father is weak as Ray has said)

Six Man Tag Team Match:
Beer Money & Scott Steiner vs. Gunner, Murphy & Rob Terry
Winners: Beer Money & Scott Steiner

Three way #1 contenders match for a shot at the X-Division title:
Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E vs. Max Buck
Winner: Robbie E

Last Knockouts Standing match for the TNA Knockouts Championship:
Madison Rayne (c) vs. Mickie James
Winner: Draw, neither can make the count of 10

Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy
Winner: I could care less quite frankly but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say RVD

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
Robbie E vs Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck - This match is a bit of a facepalm, Why can't they have had GEN ME face BM for the tag belts and have Sabin/Red/Daniels-Cide/Kendrick/Lethal/Williams any of those instead of Gen ME with Robbie because I think robbie's getting another push for the X title by his promo on impact.

Bully Ray vs Devon - Rays winning, he got owned impact, he isn't getting owned again.

Immortal vs BMI and Scott Steiner - Any other result would be stupid tbh.

Mickie James
vs Madison Rayne - Mickies winning here and makin history as the first female triple crown champion although i'd rather her win at lockdown in front of an actual crowd but oh well.

Matt Hardy vs RVD - RVD will win at Victory Road and go on to Lockdown to face Jeffro for the world championship.

Pope vs Joe - I bet anything Pope joins Immortal at AAO, his victory will be apart of this.

Jeff Jarrett
vs Kurt Angle - I thought Angle had a chance till the stupid Kids stip was added, no way Jeffs losing here.

Jeff Hardy vs Anderson Jeffs winning the belt back before Lockdown for sure, I think he'll win it at one of the NC tapings this month because his legal case is this wednesday IIRC, if that's taken care off, he'll win the belt back asap BUT Andersons winning tonight, If Jeff wins tonight i'd be very surprised. I do feel sorry for Anderson in a way though, his first world title reigns nothing more than a transitional reign.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Predictions:

-- TNA World Hvt. champion Mr. Anderson vs. Jeff Hardy in a ladder match for the TNA World Title.
Depending on how much Jeff Hardy can be arsed, this could be a pretty decent match, but in all likelihood will be over-booked and needlessly complicated. I think Anderson will keep the strap, Anderson is the lesser of two evils in this scenario.

-- Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Jarrett.
This match will be great, the build-up has been a mixed bag; I’m really not a fan of the soap opera elements. I thought the MMA Jarrett was a great gimmick, though I really can’t be doing with a worked fight. If the storyline had continued and Kurt just wanted to prove he could kick Jarrett’s ass without bring Karen and their kids into it, I would be marking out for this one. Why can’t they just have a straight match with no stipulations and no bullshit?
This match will clearly end with some kind of screwjob/DQ with Jarrett getting the victory.

-- Bully Ray vs. Brother Devon in a Street Fight.
This is where the bad booking comes into play. The idea of being against the odds plays into this one because it is essentially a handicap match with Devon’s two son’s being in Devon’s corner. So we have a 3-on-1 street fight with the heel working against the odds... we can’t cheer for the babyfaces because they’ve got an unfair advantage, and the heel is a heel... This match would have been 20 times better were it just a bog-standard street-fight, now it’s hard to get behind Devon... idiotic booking... also, because this is TNA Devon will either get DQed or counted out... in a street fight...

-- Samoa Joe vs. The Pope D'Angelo Dinero.
This might be the first PPV match Joe has been in since he was kidnapped by ninjas, and the feud has made very little sense. As far as I can gather Joe has hired Okada to follow and film Pope, Pope has turned heel and might be involved in dog-fighting, Pope then called Joe fat... erm, I think that pretty much covers it.
I don’t rate Pope in the ring, but it will be great to see Joe back in the ring. If Joe jobs for Pope I’ll be pissed. Joe to win.

-- Rob Van Dam vs. Matt Hardy.
If this match is 20 times better than the last RVD/Fat Lardy match it will still be shit, so I don’t hold up much hope for anything decent coming from this one. Though RVD is meant to be a babyface, his arrogance and his lacklustre performances have made me really dislike him, as for Lardy, I really couldn’t give a shit and so do not care about this match in the slightest.
Flip a coin, RVD to win.

-- Knockouts champion Madison Rayne vs. Mickie James in a Last Knockout Standing match for the Knockouts Title.
By my reckoning, this will be Madison Rayne’s fourth or fifth solo match in TNA, and she has been KO champ for months now. What a joke. Mickie to win, at least she can go.

-- Scott Steiner & Beer Money vs. Gunner & Murphy & Rob Terry.
Is this match real? This match would be fine on Impact, but on PPV? Security guards and Terroid in a PPV? Jeez, no wonder people aren’t buying PPVs anymore. It will be the dumbest thing in the world for Beer Money and Steiner to job for Terroid et al, so I’ll have to go with Terroid et al for the win.

-- Max Buck vs. Jeremy Buck vs. Robbie E. in a #1 contender match to the X Division Title.
AGAIN, what could have been a decent match is ruined by careless booking. The Young Bucks will obviously work together, they are heels after all, thus rendering it, for all intents and purposes, a handicap match... who’s our plucky babyface who’s going to win, who’s going to beat the odds and win through his heart and intestinal fortitude? Why Robbie E of course... not only is this guy a heel, but he has X-Pac heat, the fans genuinely hate him; they hate his gimmicks, his look, and his style is very middle of the road WWE style... kick, kick, punch, punch, signature slam, win... The Bucks are way more over than Robbie will ever be... and Robbie E will blatantly win and go on to beat Kaz... thus rendering the token gesture of injecting new life into the X-Division as being a completely pointless exercise.

On the whole, this PPV will be pretty bad. The standout will be Jarrett versus Kurt, with Pope versus Joe and Hardy versus Anderson having potential...

·
Shut your mouth and rest in peace!
1,288 Posts
If Jeff wins tonight i'd be very surprised. I do feel sorry for Anderson in a way though, his first world title reigns nothing more than a transitional reign.
And on top of that, he has to carry Hardy's custom belt. His reign so far has been a joke really.

Anyway, the PPV looks kinda lackluster. Angle/Jarrett could be the show-stealer, though I hate the stipulations. Of all the people to put in the 3-way X-division match, I'd say they picked the wrong ones. Robbie E? Really? I'd rather see Sharkboy, atleast he's entertaining.
Oh, and Matt Hardy has a singles match on a PPV. Fuck off.

1 - 20 of 1118 Posts