Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Final Resolution and Genesis isn't even done yet and here's our next monthly PPV, taking place at Dixie Carter's favourite location of Orlando, Florida! When is Dixie going to learn that monthly PPVs are dead to TNA? Especially that they're being held in a tourist attraction again. What's next? Every PPV aside from BFG to be held in Orlando?

Source: PWInsider
TNA Against All Odds will be held on February 13th, 2011 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

·
StarStruck
2,038 Posts
*sighs* I give up hoping for some PPV's out of the IZ, So over the freakin IZ.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i guess all those big namescame and bit them in the ass, they can't even afford going outside the IZ for even one ppv besides BFG. this sucks, not sure if its wort it

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
Why cant Dixie at least have a few more PPV's out of Orlando.
They can't afford to go on the road and they can't get people to come to the shows. I doubt more then 2 ppvs will be held outside Orlando next year.

·
7 years, 18 movies later ....
3,323 Posts
They can't afford to go on the road and they can't get people to come to the shows. I doubt more then 2 ppvs will be held outside Orlando next year.
That's bad that they cant afford it and it shows that bringing in all those names hasnt worked for them in the slightest.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,974 Posts
The funniest thing about the TNA PPVs that come in the early part of the year, is that you can clearly see that whoever named them has a massive horn for Phil Collins.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
cant they at least completely change the design of the IZ and toss out the familiar crowds for every ay er view so they can at least pretend to be somewhere different

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
The only reason TNA's probably making a profit right now is because it costs so little to produce their shows.

Their company will never get out of stage 1 until they go on the road, but they can't do that either because then they'll lose revenue year by year. The only way to bypass that is to fire the guys on the roster making too much money and use inexpensive, younger wrestlers. That was essentially Paul Heyman's plan, that Dixie said no to.

Great business.

·
8,232 Posts
Well another PPV I'll be streaming... no hope.

TNA's not trying hard enough to get us to care about the PPV's. There are at least 10 cities TNA can hit up and advertise a PPV in and draw a decent crowd.

If they want to keep doing these in that fucking soundstage, then they need to at least drop the price to $19.99 because I'm sick of this FACKEN BOWLSHIT.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well another PPV I'll be streaming... no hope.

TNA's not trying hard enough to get us to care about the PPV's. There are at least 10 cities TNA can hit up and advertise a PPV in and draw a decent crowd.

If they want to keep doing these in that fucking soundstage, then they need to at least drop the price to $19.99 because I'm sick of this FACKEN BOWLSHIT.
Wouldn't mind hearing some suggestions of cities and venues.

TNA needs to learn that smaller venues are the key. If they keep on booking the 10,000+ size venues, they have to end up blocking off a larger area, tarping off other places and such. If they could sell out 5,000 (which was the intended attendance for BFG 2010), they could get something.

·
8,232 Posts
Well when they come to Detroit, the Compuware arena in Plymouth (which is literally right behind my house) is perfect for them. It was the home of their first house show and BFG 07 (I was at both) which drew a sold out crowd of 4000. But instead when they came last month they decided to go to four cities (some of which I'VE never even heard of) and they drew a combined total of LESS than what they drew in the Compuware. 4 house shows drew less than one show. Why? Because the Compuware's is 15-20 minutes outside of Detroit, while those other cities are 1 1/2-3 hours away! I have no fucking idea why they haven't been back there since. Instead for Slammiversary 2009 they go to The Palace of Auburn Hills which is a HUGE venue where the Piston's play at, and I was there as well. That bitch was EMPTY.

·
Registered
894 Posts

TNA needs to learn that smaller venues are the key. If they keep on booking the 10,000+ size venues, they have to end up blocking off a larger area, tarping off other places and such. If they could sell out 5,000 (which was the intended attendance for BFG 2010), they could get something.
firstly, all over the north east were wrestling is still hot.

Places like: New York City, Philly, Boston, Cleveland, Chicago, Detriot, Toronto, Trenton, NJ, Pittsburg.

Then the southern cities and tap into the remaining redneck 'rasslin' fans like Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, Knoxville, Huntsville, AL etc...

But knowing TNA they won't go to these cities where there is a good wrestling history, and probably end up doing a show somewhere in the middle of the Nevada desert instead.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts