Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 368 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
let me start off by saying that wretlemania 28 was Huge.It had an enormous buzz and had made records in social media.

Wrestlemania is a huge deal in countries outside america.The place where i live(an asian country) if i tell the name superbowl to any person he wouldnt know anything.Yes superbowl has 100 million viewers but its on a free tv.

India population of 1.2 billion has a Wrestling audience of 110 million(the figures were posted by some indian guy here).That alone kills the viewership of superbowl in america.You can go to any other country outside states and superbowl is non existent there.Wrestling and wrestlemania as a whole dwarfs superbowl when it comes to global audience.

Hell john cena has 10 million facebook fans which NFL Star has that much of a fan base?WWE superstars are global celebrities recognized in evry country.I laugh my ass off when amercians say superbowl is bigger..

Does the Super Bowl Score Points Internationally?

"The size of the international audience for the Super Bowl is growing but usually doesn’t stray far from home.

http://www.alsintl.com/blog/super-bowl-international-audience/

The greatest number of international viewers of the Super Bowl is just outside the borders of the United States in Canada and Mexico. Outside of North America, it’s estimated that only several million people watch the Super Bowl, a large number of which are probably American expatriates."

here is another website

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-02-05/us/super.bowl.viewers.profit_1_global-audience-super-bowl-european-championship?_s=PM:US

"Outside the U.S., Canada and Mexico, only a couple million people see the Super Bowl -- and probably a lot of them are expatriate Americans," said Simon Kuper, co-author of "Soccernomics."

·
Registered
721 Posts
The NFL has 10 billion a year in revenue and the WWE has around 70 million.

Lol.

Reactions: Rockstar

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
As an American football fan and a wrestling fan, I have been more excited for Wrestlemania every year since I began to equate them (which was about WM 12 for me).

The NFL probably makes more money, but WWE makes more of a global impact. American football is just that AMERICAN, WWE is global. The NFL failed miserably in establishing a global market.

As a one-day event Wrestlemania is huge. People come from all over the world to see it. The Super Bowl is also huge, people come from all over our country to see it (even if their team isn't playing).

I consider them to be equal in magnitude but the Super Bowl will always be the bigger event in America. Wrestlemania fluctuates based on the card, the Super Bowl is huge period. That's the difference.

·
Registered
51 Posts
WrestleMania 28 > Superbowl > UFC Normal event (excluding supecards)

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
The only people who say the superbowl is bigger is Americans. Gridiron has little significance in other places in the world.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I've never really thought about it but when you put it like that, it makes sense; Wrestlemania is bigger than the Superbowl worldwide.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Definitely. NFL, although growing in popularity outside the USA (they even have games at Wembley over here once a year now), it simply cannot match Wrestlemania's appeal on the world stage.

·
Registered
721 Posts
So?

Anyway, yes, OP. American football is big in America (and I suppose Canada to an extent). WWE is known around the world. So yes, WM would be much bigger than the Superbowl.
What the WWE makes in a month the SuperBowl makes in 30 seconds.

No. Its not close.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
depends how you define bigger.

I actually think more people know Superbowl than you think.
But they would have know idea of Superbowl teams or players.

·
The legend never dies
4,358 Posts
worldwide yes, not many people watch american football outside of north america.

wrestlemania imo will never beat the world cup tho.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Didn't someone start a similar thread a couple of months back?

WWE establishing fanbases in more countries doesn't equal Wrestlemania being bigger than the SuperBowl. That's a logical fallacy. The number of nations you establish business in doesn't take into account the number of fans in said nations. That's all I wanted to say.

Reactions: IAmCaliber

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Didn't someone start a similar thread a couple of months back?

WWE establishing fanbases in more countries doesn't equal Wrestlemania being bigger than the SuperBowl. That's a logical fallacy. The number of nations you establish business in doesn't take into account the number of fans in said nations. That's all I wanted to say.
True but more people ordered WM/PPVs than they would American football. Plus, it's not really that big outside of America/Canada.

·
Registered
414 Posts
OP is right.
Wrestlemania is more famous. WWE is more famous. In my country Pakistan if you ask some one if they saw the superbowl they say what bowl? lol they dont even have a clue. and when you ask them did you see wrestlemania? they'll say oh yea man the rock returned already and he beat cena i heard

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
True but more people ordered WM/PPVs than they would American football. Plus, it's not really that big outside of America/Canada.
WWE PPVs are free outside of North America.

How many people watch WM for free outside of North America, and how does that number compare to the number of Superbowl viewers outside of North America?

1 - 20 of 368 Posts