Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So much blood in tonights UFC fight it was awesome. After watching that violent fight with blood it made me realize WWE really needs to man the fuck up and put blood back in their product. And it also made me think to my self why the fuck do I still watch this pussy ass watered down bullshit fighting that has ABSOLUTELY ZERO Cool factor when it pertains to violence in an entertaining way. Not this current kiddie bullshit. And I say long live TNA. At Least TNA gives blood to us and violence. BLOOD is needed in wrestling. Fuck you people that say it ain't. Thats why ratings are low and WWE is considered a joke now cause you apologists are a bunch of sheep for the family friendly PG nonsense and think only storylines matter blalblabla. (btw this don't pertain to everyone just the sheep/WWE apologists who say wrestling don't need blood/edgynesss just good storylines)

p.s. also blood adds realism especially to intense feuds... WWE always used blood during intense hate fueled fueds. It made the matches and storytelling better. Ex Austin vs Bret. The image of Austin bleeding while in the sharpshooter to this day still blows my mind. That was an amazing match and image. It truly told the story of their hate filled feud. And it adds realism. Because in real life in fights people usually bleed.

Just a little rant, peace. IB4 people talk smack at me haha

Reactions: lesje and DualShock

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Then stop watching it and stop bitching. sounds like a win-win for everybody.

Reactions: Bo Wyatt

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ib4 people say this ain't the attitude era anymore. No shit idiots but why can't it be the ruthless aggression era type violence. Hell even the golden era people bleed. And I'm not saying we need to see blood every week and match. But holy fuck WWE man the fuck up and give us more blood and not just in the arm but give us the good ole Red chrimson mask here and then and don't veer the camera away while the ref puts gloves on the wipe blood off. It just looks so retarded and makes people shake their heads. Like WWE had extreme rules earlier this year, how can a PPV called ''extreme rules'' not have any blood. Like shit.....

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then stop watching it and stop bitching. sounds like a win-win for everybody.
Judging by your sig/avarar (yugioh) I can tell you are a young fan and have only been watching wrestling for a short time and most likely are a cena fan. So I won't bother with you...

Then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. I'll watch the better sport wrestling.
Never said I was gonna stop watching I just said I question why I still watch this kiddie shit. Btw my cut off point is gonna be mania 30 if shit don't change. And I have every right to complain if I want because I been watching wrestling for a very long time. I've put tons of money into wrestling PPV's over the years.

''I'll watch the better sport wrestling'' lol'd well man I felt the same was as you did when it was the attitude era. I loved wrestling just as much as I did boxing. However today's current product is NO where near ''the better sport'' when compared to MMA or Boxing. WWE is a joke now and should be put on nickelodeon but me being the die hard wrestling fan that I am and wanting it to improve I still watch for hope. But mania 30 is my cut off point.

Btw neither of what you guys said has anything to do with my main topic which is WWE not having blood in it.

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
I felt the same way when i was watching a flag football game, said to myself these fuckers need to man up and play like they do in the NFL.

You do know UFC is a real sport and wrestling is scripted right? There might have been tons of blood in the fight tonight but that tends to happen in a real fight. Do you want wrestlers cutting themselves again or hurting themselves just to bleed for you? You guys that are bloodthirsty boggle my mind, It's like these wrestlers are all CG or animated to you instead of real people that will have to deal with real injuries.

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,339 Posts
Blood also equates to hepatitis outbreaks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Lol pro wrestling isn't a sport. Wrestling is but WWE and the like are not.As for the OP, I agree to an extent. It should be used more but It's not needed at every PPV. It should be saved for special feuds and moments.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Blood also equates to hepatitis outbreaks.
Imo everyone should be checked. Unless someone is positive for some sort of disease then that's another story. But if people are fine and can do blade jobs or accidently bleed. I don't see the problem with putting blood in the product like it had years ago. WWE shouldn't veer the camera away from people bleeding. Ex. Lesnar getting busted open earlier this year and the camera barely was on him when we only seen the crimson mask on him for a split second. Also they need to stop with this ref putting gloves on during the match and halting it BS so wipe the blood off the wrestlers. It just makes wrestling look so cheesy and turns off viewers who watch MMA. Viewers who could bring more to their audience if they allowed blood and more edgy shit.

There is blood in boxing and MMA and used to be in wrestling. I don't see why it can't be added back in.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Wrestling is a sport, what the hell is it a soap?
Yeah, Olympic style wrestling is a sport. Sports require you to use your own skills, strategies and physical athleticism to achieve victory over your opponent(s). So UFC would be a sport, much the same way as boxing is. WWE is a scripted stage show with predetermined outcomes that happens to feature elements of actual wrestling. So WWE is absolutely not a sport. The sheer fact that the results are booked ahead of time nullifies any chance it had of being considered as such.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol pro wrestling isn't a sport. Wrestling is but WWE and the like are not.As for the OP, I agree to an extent. It should be used more but It's not needed at every PPV. It should be saved for special feuds and moments.
Ya that's what I meant pretty much. It should be like the old days. Ex right now this Rhodes feud with the shield. Or Orton Vs Bryan could use some blood in it. Same for HHH and the Big Show. one of those feuds should have some sort of blood already. It adds more realism to. Imagine if we seen daniel bryan getting beat down and bloodied. it sells a beating/feud more etc

·
Registered
16,460 Posts
There has been quite a bit of blood over the last 2 years, real blood mostly lol. Cm Punk last year was caught blading during one of his matches.

Would I like it back? Maybe, I would like chair shots to the head return personally. Even if they have to make specific chairs that are lighter and softer but somehow unnoticeable to the human eye that they are any different.

I really dont like the idea of blading, even back in the day. I am sure there's a better way of doing it.

Would it make it a better product? Not really... I suppose it would add more intensity, especially to heavy storylines. Matches recently that could have needed blood were maybe the Triple H vs Undertaker match, CM Punk vs Undertaker, The Rhodes Brothers vs The Shield and hell even John Cena vs Daniel Bryan. Very story heavy matches maybe could have needed them. But they were really good without it anyway.

It personal preference, but I think WWE is better now than its been in 5 years. No joke. Sure there are loads of problems, mainly the nonexistent prominent mid card, but alot of areas are improving like the tag division and Divas.

Personally I am left out on this one, right now it doesn't make a difference but I wouldn't mind WWE using it every so often and maybe not as much as they used to, maybe save it for those really intense matches. But dont over use it.

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There has been quite a bit of blood over the last 2 years, real blood mostly lol. Cm Punk last year was caught blading during one of his matches.

Would I like ti back, maybe, I would like chair shots to the head personally. Even if they have to make specific chairs that are lighter and softer but somehow unnoticeable to the human eye that they are any different. I really dont like the idea of blading, even back in the day. I am sure there's a better way of doing it.

Would it make it a better product? Not really... I suppose it would add more intensity, especially to story heavy storylines, matches recently that could have needed blood were maybe the Triple H vs Undertaker match, CM Punk vs Undertaker, The Rhodes Brothers vs The Shield and hell even John Cena vs Daniel Bryan. Very story heavy matches maybe could have needded them. But but they were realy good without it.

It personal preference, but I think WWE is better now than its been in 5 years. No joke. Sure there are loads of problems, mainly the nonexistent prominent mid card, but alot of areas are improving like the tag division and Divas.

Personally I am left out on this one, right now it doesn't make a difference but I wouldn't mind WWE using it every so often and maybe not as much as they used to, maybe save it for those really intense matches. But dont over use it.
The problem is with this it's not blood that's allowed by WWE. Blade job wise etc. It's accidental blood. And when it happens the WWE either veers the camera away from them and the refs put gloves on and wipe the blood off...

Hell I hate John Cena but if the man did a few blade jobs here and then like he did vs Jbl in 2005 or vs umaga in 2007. I wouldn't mind some of his matches.

And I guarantee you if those matches you listed, that if someone wore the red crimson mask in the match you'd feel the match was better and it would look better to viewers say like old school wrestling fans who veeered away from the product and went towards MMA/ufc and came back.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
I felt the same way when i was watching a flag football game, said to myself these fuckers need to man up and play like they do in the NFL.

You do know UFC is a real sport and wrestling is scripted right? There might have been tons of blood in the fight tonight but that tends to happen in a real fight. Do you want wrestlers cutting themselves again or hurting themselves just to bleed for you? You guys that are bloodthirsty boggle my mind, It's like these wrestlers are all CG or animated to you instead of real people that will have to deal with real injuries.
Well the whole idea behind pro wrestling is that they're trying to establish the illusion that what is going on is real, even though its not. Blood helps add to the realism, and thus tends to increase the entertainment factor by making things seem more dramatic and life like.

Besides, guys have bladed for decades now in wrestling and we've gotten along just fine. So I don't understand what the big deal is. What if I do want blood occasionally, to help make things more interesting? Its only a health risk if you're careless. You make it sound like one blade job is gonna result in a lost limb or something. We don't need CZW levels of gore, but this sterile world the WWE currently resides in is the other extreme. Neither are good, we need a mid ground.

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I disagree that blood is making that much of a difference. It really doesn't. If you have a shitty, pussy match and someone cuts their forehead, it's just a shitty, pussy match in which someone cut their forehead.

But I do agree that WWE needs to man the fuck up and stop having such pussified matches and pushing such nerdy wrestlers with low testosterone and small muscles as the their top guys. THAT is the real problem imo, NOT the lack of blood.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Ya that's what I meant pretty much. It should be like the old days. Ex right now this Rhodes feud with the shield. Or Orton Vs Bryan could use some blood in it. Same for HHH and the Big Show. one of those feuds should have some sort of blood already. It adds more realism to. Imagine if we seen daniel bryan getting beat down and bloodied. it sells a beating/feud more etc
Yeah it might help elevate those feuds. I think when Ziggler was getting beat on weekly by Del rio Blood may have helped but again it should only be used for certain things (HiaC matches, Cage matches, etc).

1 - 20 of 107 Posts