Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big supporter of AEW and the product their offering. I find it much more the style of wrestling i like than alot of the WWE stuff recently.

I read alot of speculation about what talent might go from WWE to AEW. Noone appears to be asking who might go the other way. While AEW seems to be the place to be creatively for wrestlers, many no doubt have families and i imagine WWE can offer alot more salary. As a result its not crazy that down the line some might make the jump. who do you think might do this ?.

Obviously this is just a bit of speculation. I'd also adds the thought would they be a success there ?. I think maybe the likes of MJF, jungle boy, luchasauraus could be candiates if they continue to grow with popularity. i`m not sure WWE would use any of them correctly though. i don't think they`d get them.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Wouldn't be surprised if Goldust wound down soon and then ended up in the WWE Hall of Fame.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
AEW has every one WWE might want and then some locked up for 2 plus years at least. With guy like MJF having even 5 year deal.

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
Yeah, but then you've also got to consider what happens if AEW folds, guys ask to leave or Vince offers to buy out contracts down the line. AEW don't want the stigma of being just like WWE when it comes to keeping talent that doesn't want to be there chained down.

Chris Jericho will go back to WWE when his contract expires. He's done his bit, but he also knows he needs to keep moving. And the writing will probably be on the wall for AEW then and Tony Khan will need to greatly reduce contracts when it becomes apparent the big TV rights money isn't coming in.

Jim Ross will also end up back in WWE. You can tell he's disgusted by the product. More and more fans, who in their infinite wisdom prefer hacks like Excalibur, are criticizing his lack of engagement by a disengaging product. He'll get sick of it. He's Heenan in WCW at this point. I hope he's not drinking. He'll get his contract paid out and he'll leave.

MJF will end up in WWE at some point. As Cornette says, he'll end up as a focal point of the biggest wrestling promotion in the world. That's going to be WWE. It will either be when his contract is up or before then when he asks for a release.

Darby Allin says he has no interest in NXT, but he'll get used to the money, and he'll need to be the bread-winner since his wife has absolutely no talent. He'll end up jumping.

Britt Baker will go over there and get paid the big bucks with her fiancee. She needs development, so NXT would actually be a good career move for her.

They'll like Wardlow's look. Billy will get Triple H to take a look at Austin. Jack Perry is a celebrity's son. Adam Page would be a good fit for NXT. Anthony Ogogo, Daniels as a producer, Marq Quen, Ortiz, Santana, Rey Fenix, Sammy Guevara, Sadie Gibbs, Shanna, Aubrey Edwards and Jenn Decker would all be offered spots by WWE if their deals came up or wanted out of AEW. They've let Braxton Sutter go in the past, but I think they'd bring him in with Allie too.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Yeah, but then you've also got to consider what happens if AEW folds, guys ask to leave or Vince offers to buy out contracts down the line. AEW don't want the stigma of being just like WWE when it comes to keeping talent that doesn't want to be there chained down.

Chris Jericho will go back to WWE when his contract expires. He's done his bit, but he also knows he needs to keep moving. And the writing will probably be on the wall for AEW then and Tony Khan will need to greatly reduce contracts when it becomes apparent the big TV rights money isn't coming in.

Jim Ross will also end up back in WWE. You can tell he's disgusted by the product. More and more fans, who in their infinite wisdom prefer hacks like Excalibur, are criticizing his lack of engagement by a disengaging product. He'll get sick of it. He's Heenan in WCW at this point. I hope he's not drinking. He'll get his contract paid out and he'll leave.

MJF will end up in WWE at some point. As Cornette says, he'll end up as a focal point of the biggest wrestling promotion in the world. That's going to be WWE. It will either be when his contract is up or before then when he asks for a release.

Darby Allin says he has no interest in NXT, but he'll get used to the money, and he'll need to be the bread-winner since his wife has absolutely no talent. He'll end up jumping.

Britt Baker will go over there and get paid the big bucks with her fiancee. She needs development, so NXT would actually be a good career move for her.

They'll like Wardlow's look. Billy will get Triple H to take a look at Austin. Jack Perry is a celebrity's son. Adam Page would be a good fit for NXT. Anthony Ogogo, Daniels as a producer, Marq Quen, Ortiz, Santana, Rey Fenix, Sammy Guevara, Sadie Gibbs, Shanna, Aubrey Edwards and Jenn Decker would all be offered spots by WWE if their deals came up or wanted out of AEW. They've let Braxton Sutter go in the past, but I think they'd bring him in with Allie too.
Hate is one hell of a motivator. I bet you want AEW to fold

·
Registered
6,639 Posts
No, because then we're stuck with WWE. But that's the reality anyway. I'm honestly past the point where I care if it folds or not. Everything's gone so whacky down the route of sports entertainment that I think wrestling fans fucking deserve it. We asked for this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

You really seem to dislike AEW , from some of your posts throughout this forum. I wonder why you come on the AEW forum just to hate so hard. The more successful wrestling promotions there is , the better the industry is on the whole. I wish some people could see that.

81 Posts
Definitely will go to WWE
Britt Baker
Jon Moxley
Shawn Spears
Anyone else I left out who has spouses/significant others in WWE
Chris Jericho
Jim Ross

Reasonably good chance of going to WWE
MJF
Kenny Omega
Adam Page
Hikaru Shida
Kris Statlander
Tully Blanchard in some capacity once they sign Tessa

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Chris Jericho for the HOF

JR – same thing

Britt Baker – because of her boyfriend, although she might be the reason her boyfriend comes to AEW

Darby Allin - because WWE probably want their next Mick Foley-HIAC/Jeff Hardy-TLC highspot moment

Sonny Kiss - only because he fits in with WWE.

The Lucha Bros - to boost NXT.

Kenny Omega - I believe him being in AEW over WWE is partially to help retain credibility and not be considered to be a sellout.

Riho – possibly follows Kenny

Sammy Guevara – I’m 50/50 with him, he could easily become an AEW mainstay

Penelope Ford – same as Guevara

Kris Statlander – same as Guevara

MJF - once he’s a big enough star as a heel

Jon Moxley - eventually, but he won’t go back to WWE right away. He’ll probably keep working NJPW and NJOA for a few years before returning to WWE.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts