Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yuka's career has pretty much plateaued in Japan after her second run as champ in her org. She's also not that young and has slowed down a bit (does a lot more mat wrestling than high flying stuff than even back when she debuted with AEW)

This would probably be the time for her to come over and do a run for a year or two before retirement but unless they're really working the kayfabe that doesnt appear to be in the cards. I believe she's either dating or married to a DDT wrestler so that may be a factor.

Mizunami is not someone who will ever get over in the States in any regard but I suppose of the remaining competitors it's better than Emi Sakura or an immobile, ancient Aja Kong

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Yuka's career has pretty much plateaued in Japan after her second run as champ in her org. She's also not that young and has slowed down a bit (does a lot more mat wrestling than high flying stuff than even back when she debuted with AEW)

This would probably be the time for her to come over and do a run for a year or two before retirement but unless they're really working the kayfabe that doesnt appear to be in the cards. I believe she's either dating or married to a DDT wrestler so that may be a factor.

Mizunami is not someone who will ever get over in the States in any regard but I suppose of the remaining competitors it's better than Emi Sakura or an immobile, ancient Aja Kong
We don't know her age so.....

In Japan a lot of them debut when they are really young

·
Registered
620 Posts
I don't understand how will they do it. 2 matches from the first round monday. Then on next dynamite we have one of the US semifinals. How about the other semifinal from US, the final from US and the tournament final for 3March show?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I don't understand how will they do it. 2 matches from the first round monday. Then on next dynamite we have one of the US semifinals. How about the other semifinal from US, the final from US and the tournament final for 3March show?
They will announce the 2nd semi final once the 2 monday matches care done

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
Yeah, kind of figured this would happen. I mean, AEW could have had these tournament matches happen a couple of weeks earlier. Or, or, and hear me out here, maybe have 2 tournament matches on Dynamite.

But instead they took their time and now have to sprint to the finish. Not the best look if I'm being honest.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
Honestly, I feel like this tournament would have been better had they done it after Revolution and built it to Double or Nothing. Then they would have had 2 months and probably could have gotten this all on Dynamite (the US side that is). And instead of doing the finals on the go home show to Revolution, they could do it a few weeks before DON and build up the match with Shida as opposed to going right to it.

With the way they're doing it now they're cramming in over a month of content into a couple of weeks.

As far as Rosa vs. Riho goes, I mean it's cool they're getting their own spotlight but it also feels like it will get lost in the shuffle due to the fact it's airing by itself and on a Sunday.

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
241 - 260 of 439 Posts