Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 439 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,986 Posts
Should be nice, I just want to see Tay Conti make it to the finals.

It'll probably be:

Ivelisse
Red Velvet
Penelope Ford
Nyla Rose
Leyla Hirsch
Allie
Diamante
Anna Jay
Tay Conti
Britt Baker
Thunder Rosa
Big Swole
Taya Valkyrie one time appearance?
Deonna Purazzo maybe?
Su Yung maybe?
Mel?

Looks like an awesome showcase of women to me if they go this route.

·
Registered
13,140 Posts
A 16 woman tournament? Much more respectable than the puny 8-man tourneys they've had otherwise.

You have to do this because Shida can't carry storylines with mic work. I hope this is finally going to get the title off her.

Having to win four matches to get the title shot - somebody is getting a big push. Is it a debut ie a Taya or dare I say Tessa Blanchard? Or just to strap a rocket to Britt and give her credibility to hold the title.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Well, this would seem like an excuse to fly Riho over again, since they apparently want to wait until they have something to do with her.

With it being 16 women, they should have some guests in it, from IMPACT and elsewhere. I guess the Tessa Blanchard discussion could also resurface...

Statlander is nearly ready to return also.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I do wonder by the Japan flag that TJPW would tape and do matches in Japan, so they don't have to travel to America. Either way I see Britt or someone debuting winning

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
30,535 Posts
The winner of Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa should be next in line to face Shida, it’s simple booking and a path that makes perfect sense.

No need for a tournament.
Seriously. They're so tone deaf that it's maddening. People have been telling them exactly what they want for the women for the last year and a half, yet they keep doing heatless matches and trying to distract us with the in ring work of the top performers while continuing to not give them meaningful story lines.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
They were doing good with the Shida and Abadon story, now they're going back to the old bullshit
Man, I like AEW, but I'm so fucking sick of these tournaments and multi man matches they do every other week to announce a new number 1 contender for a title. Tag team tournament, singles tournament, women's tournament, women's tag tournament, multi man battle royal at All out, multi man ladder match at DON, the stupid fucking ring that MJF has battle royal or was that a tournament too? I forget. They literally just do them because they don't want to bother booking a proper storyline and the tournament is just an easy way to kill time.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
11,277 Posts
Can we...can we get a story? No, just YET another heatless tournament. A tournament would be fine if it actually had some rivalries and stories going into it. Partners having to fight each other, etc. You know, wrestling 101?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Seriously. They're so tone deaf that it's maddening. People have been telling them exactly what they want for the women for the last year and a half, yet they keep doing heatless matches and trying to distract us with the in ring work of the top performers while continuing to not give them meaningful story lines.
Exactly.

The amount of times they randomly give someone a title shot has been ridiculous, we’ve seen it with Nyla Rose, Penelope Ford and Anna Jay, they give them a few wins, here’s a title shot, there’s your loss, now we can shove you back down the card again, rinse and repeat.

But the most baffling thing is, they have finally gave us a substantial storyline with Britt Baker and Thunder Rosa, a match that warrants the tag of a number 1 contender match, a match that makes perfect sense when finding Shida’s next challenger.

Now it seems Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa will be a heatless match, with nothing on the line and we get an unnecessary number 1 contender tournament instead :mad:

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, I like AEW, but I'm so fucking sick of these tournaments and multi man matches they do every other week to announce a new number 1 contender for a title. Tag team tournament, singles tournament, women's tournament, women's tag tournament, multi man battle royal at All out, multi man ladder match at DON, the stupid fucking ring that MJF has battle royal or was that a tournament too? I forget. They literally just do them because they don't want to bother booking a proper storyline and the tournament is just an easy way to kill time.
You can do both. Tournaments give real sports feel that you all apparently crave, but you can weave storylines into it. Like Kenny & Page or Lucha bros & fenix eventually getting shot.
Rosa beating Britt in tournament will further feud etc.

·
Registered
26,390 Posts
It’s a nice idea to get more women involved. But if most of this ends up getting dumped on Dark i feel like it won’t mean that much.

·
Lucas Landslide
2,042 Posts
Japanese flag obviously means something would be cool if we got matches in japan

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
13,986 Posts
Japanese flag obviously means something would be cool if we got matches in japan
Didn't notice that at first. Maybe that's a clue as to Riho coming back.

Or even better Kairi Sane. Not sure if her contract is completely up with WWE though.

1 - 20 of 439 Posts