Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 723 Posts

I bite and throw chairs and rescue dogs
19,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Also match 4 of the triads of dragons vs the elite unsullied trios series

And the walkers of black are on the warpath

And as alluded to we have the houses of starks and maxister battling for the throne of games or in this case the world championship and the Diamond of rings

· Registered
2,307 Posts
I wonder if Regal with MJF was long term booking or short term, in that I wonder if MJF will be given a new manager here. If the long plan was for Regal to manager MJF, then Jake Roberts returning here to align with MJF could work well. To keep Ricky Starks booking strong, someone needs to cost him against MJF here so either someone new helps MJF or they just simply go with Ethan Page w/ The Firm costing Ricky. Maybe Hobbs assists MJF due to history with Ricky, but MJF has already had the muscle bodyguard. With Jake Roberts, you have a Hall of Famer, a legend, a guy who's know for being a strategic Mastermind, so would fit well as an advisor for the new champion. Plus I'd love to see Jake back on AEW.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
This Ricky/MJF story can write itself practically and come full circle next year.

MJF with a cheap and dirty win at WiC, but Ricky grabs the mic post match and challenges him to his owed match for Diamond ring "right here right now". Ricky steals the match from MJF in the same or a similar cheap and dirty manner like had just been done to him and wins the ring.

A year from now MJF is still champ. He enters next year's DDR Battle Royal to get his damn ring back but Ricky interferes and eliminates MJF despite Ricky not being in the match. Ricky goes on to win the ring for a second year in a row.

Ricky then leverages the Ring and challenges MJF to a Ring vs Title match on the final Dynamite of the year where Ricky wins the title.

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,176 Posts
Winter is Coming 2020 - Sting debuts, Omega turns heel and wins the title from Mox

Winter is Coming 2021 - Danielson and Hangman wrestle a classic one-hour draw

I wonder if Winter is Coming 2022 will have a hallmark moment. I hope MJF and Starks absolutely kill it in the ring.

One thing that confused me last night is that Excalibur said the battle royal winner would choose when to face MJF for the ring. Starks never said when he wanted it to be, but MJF said it'll be next week (title and ring on the line it seems).

· Registered
1,275 Posts
What a shitty name for a Show. What´s next? Great Balls of Fire? Icy Balls?
Somebody already beat you to sharing this bad take/post. Your answer can be found here :

Bit late to complain about the name dude it's like the 4th one

Ya'll so desperate to bash AEW now, your resorting to hating on shit that happened years prior. Do better haters 😜

· Registered
16,621 Posts
Since the PPV is in March, I kinda hope MJF and Ricky continues for a bit after next week before transitioning into the build for MJF vs Danielson
Right, why the fuck would Starks get a shot so fast with such a short feud to drop him after. I'm assuming it will turn into he loses and goes off to make his comeback but first wins other belts on his way

· You're Pretty Good
12,781 Posts
I love the fact that they're pushing Starks, it's so long overdue.

But it's been hilariously out of nowhere, guy was AWOL for the longest time. To sum up how ridiculous the booking of these guys have been - There are two midcard champions on the roster right now who've not only beaten, but decimated both of these guys in the world title match. Those wins were never returned and neither of the mid-card champions have been beaten since, yet neither are demanding world title shots...Bizarro world.

It's why you can't have faith in any of this shit working long term. Tony's madness will wreck it eventually.

· THE COLOR RED
6,897 Posts
MJF is mid, redundant and boring on the mic already. Can he cut 1 promo without referencing WWE, yelling or insulting the crowd in a repetitive way? He's like Ric Flair cosplaying on the mic minus being clever and funny. MJF reminds me of CM Punk, nothing to say and the 4th wall stuff is losing its appeal.

Starks on the other hand? Who knew this guy could cut a promo like that?

Have Starks slap the mole off of MJFs neck at Winter is Coming and put the belt on him!

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Have Starks slap the mole off of MJFs neck at Winter is Coming and put the belt on him!
Them : Booker of the Year sucks at booking.

Also Them : Starks should take the belt off of MJF less than a month after they put it on him.

Tell me more about how you guys can book better than Tony Khan. Lulz

· THE COLOR RED
6,897 Posts
Them : Booker of the Year sucks at booking.

Also Them : Starks should take the belt off of MJF less than a month after they put it on him.

Tell me more about how you guys can book better than Tony Khan. Lulz
Perhaps booker of the year should have his world champion do something more interesting than the type of promos he's doing. AEW has yet to have a world champion that feels like they matter. So who cares if the belt is hot potatoed to Starks? It's a joke anyway, it has no value given its lineage. If TK hired writers, they could probably help make MJF more interesting and draw more fans to the product, providing Max doesn't continue to hold power over TK, which he does.

· Registered
1,275 Posts
Perhaps booker of the year should have his world champion do something more interesting than the type of promos he's doing. AEW has yet to have a world champion that feels like they matter. So who cares if the belt is hot potatoed to Starks? It's a joke anyway, it has no value given its lineage. If TK hired writers, they could probably help make MJF more interesting and draw more fans to the product, providing Max doesn't continue to hold power over TK, which he does.
Your perception is the title is a joke and the Champions haven't felt like they mattered, and your solution is replacing something you see as broken instead of trying to see if it could be fixed.

Especially funny when you consider it has been apparent since day one AEW viewed MJF as a future top star. So let's give up after a few weeks, bury that guy and make him meaningless and devalued in hopes we can succeed with another guy.

Godawful plan.

1 - 20 of 723 Posts