Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a new "war" starting and a lot of fans are excited about it. We'll see how things go of course - but it seems to me that it's common sense that fans here will want to constantly compare shows, and ratings, and see whose doing what better, etc.

My sense today is if I start a thread on the WWE section that also discusses AEW, it will get locked. If I start a thread on the AEW section that also discusses WWE, it will be locked.

Can this either start being allowed - or is there a better place to have those discussions?

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
It'll just turn into an insultfest full of

"troll"
"Get off Vince's/Cody's dick"
"Fans like you ruined wrestling"
I do kind of wish sometimes we wouldn't show so much immaturity like that. I'm a member that would rather discuss insightfully than swing the knife at others. I don't like to be rude at anyone here because it is obvious that many members have strong feelings about what they believe, and everybody has the right to think what they will without going to war about it.

I hope now that we have two shows we don't make it become a habit that we go around trying to burn others at the stake. I really don't want to be a part of that as it would make me nervous to come here.

·
Registered
22,242 Posts
I do kind of wish sometimes we wouldn't show so much immaturity like that. I'm a member that would rather discuss insightfully than swing the knife at others. I don't like to be rude at anyone here because it is obvious that many members have strong feelings about what they believe, and everybody has the right to think what they will without going to war about it.

I hope now that we have two shows we don't make it become a habit that we go around trying to burn others at the stake. I really don't want to be a part of that as it would make me nervous to come here.
Agreed but it's just the nature of competing brands. I think it's fun sometimes too, but it will certainly be more negative than neutral

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just make the thread. As long as its thoughtful, we will deal with any problem posts from people.
A thread just now got locked on the main WWE section. With the most obvious, thread worthy topic for the day after the first airing - who won the night. A worthy discussion imo

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Just make a new section devoted to it. Call it "War Rants". It will surely be a cancerous wasteland of WWE apologists vs AEW dick riders, but at least people will know before venturing into that section of the forum while keeping the other sections clean. Problem solved.

·
Registered
571 Posts
AEW Dynomite was beyond revolutionary, I wanted to go to sleep. I really like the set of AEW, but the some of the wrestlers look like freaks instead of wrestlers. MJF should be a main eventer but finishing hold is weak as hell. Becky Lynch does it way better. I watched fat Jericho be the main heel was ok but he is old. Omega or Moxley are the real main eventers. There is room for improvement for Dynomite..... I like the big screen in NXT now and some of the wrestlers on NXT are just as good AEW. For me, NXT won it but not in ratings.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I enjoyed the first AEW show. I liked NXT better, especially as a fan of women's wrestling. It doesn't shock me one bit that AEW drew better ratings. It was a much more intriguing watch compared to a show that has been around for 6 years even if it wasn't on USA. I'll give it a year before everyone hates AEW because that is how wrestling fans are. I do hope it does well though, it was really cool to have another show to watch last night

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
There was a lot of anti WWE talk in the Dynamite thread yesterday, including a few comments from people outright insulting WWE fans. That's not really needed IMO, the thread was to discuss the show not crap all over people who dare to like WWE.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,373 Posts
There was a lot of anti WWE talk in the Dynamite thread yesterday, including a few comments from people outright insulting WWE fans. That's not really needed IMO, the thread was to discuss the show not crap all over people who dare to like WWE.
I think it started as people came in to talk about nxt which had nothing to do with the show. Also some wwe fans have been coming out with some ridiculous nonsense (as have a few aew posters).

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think the point is - there's a "war" happening. Let us talk about it?

I come to this forum to have discussions about wrestling, and I find myself really wanting to discuss AEW vs WWE but i don't know where I can post about it. It's disappointing.

·
Mamba Mentality
26,009 Posts

I come to this forum to have discussions about wrestling, and I find myself really wanting to discuss AEW vs WWE but i don't know where I can post about it. It's disappointing.
The weekly TV discussion threads for NXT and AEW and the TV Ratings threads for NXT and AEW are the best places to compare the two shows.

Four threads stickied at the top of those two sections digging into the content and results, collectively.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts

There’s a difference between discussing it and just being an asshole to people who like WWE though lol, that’s my point.

I feel like even merely supporting both companies makes you an “enemy” lol, it’s either AEW or nothing to some people. I’m sorry if I like both haha :lol

Reactions: Cult03

·
THE EXTREME HORSEMEN
5,978 Posts
I pick the third option...MLW :cozy

Nah, I hope AEW continues to RULE, and WWE puts on three shows that don't make me hate myself

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I still think that it's alright to be a fan of both. This is a win-win for every fan that there's two companies that's going at it again. It's just us fans being toxic that's really a turn-off sometimes.

Reactions: BarackYoMama

·
Banned
31 Posts
I’ve seen every AEW show since Double or Nothing. That was a good show. The Cody/Goldust match was fantastic. Everything since that show has been dog shit. There are people out there who are desperate for you to believe otherwise, but it’s dog shit. Jericho needed to retire 10 years ago, Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks are walking cringe machines, and their women’s division is a flat out joke. If WWE put on the exact same shit show AEW puts out, they’d be buried for months. I mean, Jack Swagger? Fuck you AEW.

I’ll continue to watch because I love pro wrestling. I’ve watched a LOT of bad pro wrestling over the years, but I still love it. It’s why I still watch WWE despite them being poor most of the time these days, but the AEW marks are trying way too hard trying to put this garbage over as something great. It’s actually worse than main roster WWE, and that’s a hard thing to achieve right now.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
True.

But there's a lot of trolling and baiting comments from WWE fans in the AEW section as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts