Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The hints by Cody, Bucks and Omega about the AEW video game, keep pointing to Aki/Syn Sophia more and more. They said we should hear something about it by the end of the year, and they all want the Aki engine. if they can pull this off, it would be amaizng. Imagne AEWs game outselling the WWF one lol

That being said, it WWE HCTP seemed to be the cloesets thing we got to the Aki engine and that was back in the ps2 era but the the funny thing is the graphcs and gameplay are still way better than the current WWE game

If the graphics of the AEW game can look even as good as the HTCP graphics and keep the classic AKI gameplay, it will be amazing. If they can also get it like HCTP where the game acts like teh actual wrestler, it could be the best wrestling game of all time.

And all they need for the game as teh basics. CAW, Online mode and a season mode.

I really cant wait to see what they do

http://whatculture.com/gaming/aew-game-will-be-like-n64s-no-mercy

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Give me that AEW HCTP-style season mode :eek:wens3

Amazing, if true. I couldn't wish something better, honestly. News by the end of the year could mean that if they want to compete with 2k the game will be out in the fall of 2020 :mark
Also i hope they skip commentary, but if they dont, they should just stick to call the moves in the match.

·
Registered
17,478 Posts
If they do get one, the game won't be released any time soon. Certainly not on this gen of consoles. Probably looking at mid-late 2021 at the earliest. Unless they end up going the No Mercy/Fire Pro way graphically, which would be a mistake.

Oh and FYI, the Day of Reckoning games was the closest we got to the AKi stuff.

But if they do, GO GET 'EM!!!

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
If they do get one, rhe game won't be released any time soon. Certainly not on this gen of consoles.

But if they do, GO GET 'EM!!!
OH I agree totally, I could see it being a launch title and come out next xma.
With Omega overseeing it, I am sure they wont rush it and will make a great foundation. Like I said, it just needs exbition, CAW, online and a season mode.

Based on the articles it seems like the ball got rolling earlier this year like June. So yeah the game wont be out until at least late 2020 or even 2021,

Only way its soon is if they already had an engine they were working on and just brand what with AEW

If this does turn out to be true thank god did they didnt go with Yukes. The last good game they made was HCTP or SD vs Raw. Ever since those two games the WWE games got worst and worst

PS Oh i meant closets to the AKI stuff on playstation not the nintendo systems ha ha

·
Registered
17,478 Posts
Why? Think it's pretty obvious with 2k20, that this series actually needed Yukes. It's not their fault they were never listened to. They'd come up with ideas and WWE, THQ and now 2k completely ignored them.

I said elsewhere yesterday, it's no coincidence the series started falling apart the second they made it Cross platform.

I hope their new IP ends up being Ace and outsells 2k as well.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dont want to turn this into a hate on Yukes thread but their WWE games have sucked since SD vs Raw and 2k was not invloved in thise games.

If yukes new game goes back to the HCTP controls, ill give there game a shot but I bet they go with an even more arcady game.

Most of Yukes WWF and WWE games ahev sucked outside of a few. They would change their engine almost every year just to change it for no reason.

They shold have stuck with the SD vs Raw or HTCP engine and just perfeced it. Teh last great WWE game was SD vs Raw 06

·
Registered
17,478 Posts
Maybe read what i wrote. That would be a start.

Why? Think it's pretty obvious with 2k20, that this series actually needed Yukes. It's not their fault they were never listened to. They'd come up with ideas and WWE, THQ and now 2k completely ignored them.
People can piss and moan about Yukes all they want. But most folks are now begging for them to come back, cause 2k have completely massacred their engine. :lmao

Oh and an FYI the engine hasn't changed in 2 decades. They just added to it. If you're gonna shit on them for "changing the engine every few years" at least get your facts straight. They changed the mechanics not the engine.

·
Team AEW
2,796 Posts
Engine, mechanics, whatever honestly. It's been shit lately regardless how you call it. I love the simulation-style idea, but they dropped the ball on it.

Also, if we were to talk wishlists, I really hope AEW game either will have wrestlers with 3 attires or will let us create attires, like it basically is with 2k (or at least like superstar threads feature was).

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
As a huge fan of the old Aki games I'm not that excited.... Their last wrestling game was 11 years ago with the last Kinnikuman game.

They've only done cutesy low budget girl games since. Who knows if they have a lot of the same people working there anymore. I'm not sure if will live up to expectations.

Also not sure what you are talking about HCTP being close to the AKI engine..... That played nothing like an AKI game. If you want an example of an AKI style game from that era see Death Jam Vendetta or the gamecube Day of Reckoning games.

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

People can piss and moan about Yukes all they want. But most folks are now begging for them to come back, cause 2k have completely massacred their engine. :lmao

Oh and an FYI the engine hasn't changed in 2 decades. They just added to it. If you're gonna shit on them for "changing the engine every few years" at least get your facts straight. They changed the mechanics not the engine.
Sematnics, the mechanics have changed over and over again the past 10 years, you know what I am talking about. The curretn game is nothing like HTCP or SD vs Raw.

And no one is asking for Yukes to come back their games sucked long before 2k took over. Now lets get back to talking about the AKI game for AEW

·
Registered
17,478 Posts
Sematnics, the mechanics have changed over and over again the past 10 years, you know what I am talking about. The curretn game is nothing like HTCP or SD vs Raw.

And no one is asking for Yukes to come back their games sucked long before 2k took over. Now lets get back to talking about the AKI game for AEW
You mean the hypothetical AKI AEW game that might not even materialize?

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Just give me a wrestling game with FUN gameplay again with reasonable graphics and ill be happy. Those Day of Reckoning games and SVR games were some of the most fun I've had when it pertains to playing video games.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

Its weird 2K had access to the DOR engine when they were still teaming with Yukes and never tried to use it once, considering the DOR games were considered the spiritual successors to No Mercy, alongside the Def Jam games. They just kept using the same engine since the first Smackdown game instead.

An AEW game using the AKI engine and modern day graphics and updated animations for stuff like crawling to the ropes during a submission and fighting on the turnbuckle would be something special to experience.

·
Registered
15,410 Posts
Complete MEH from me.

Not a big fan of AEW's roster, and the AKI engine (while great for it's time) isn't something that I'm clamoring to have back. I'd rather play Fire Pro or 2K19 than any of the N64 games in 2020. An updated AKI engine with better graphics is something I'd be interested in playing, but again it's the AEW roster so the game would need brilliant mechanics to hook me for longer than a month.

The No Mercy mods are kinda dope to mess around with, I will admit.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
HCTP controls would be welcome for me.

·
BigPoppaPump is ur hook up, and the next heavyweig
514 Posts
Would love it ever wrestling game after Wrestlemania 2000 has been pure horseshit. I actually remember ALL my friends bailing after the shitty PS1 games. Fuck THQ

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,076 Posts
Don't know anything about AKI but if AEW releases a wrestling game with

1. Straightforward, arcade style mechanics
2. Good graphics
3. No micro transactions

They'll fill a huge void in the wrestling games scene and will have all my money

Even before the 2K20 DEBACLE I just didn't give a fuck about WWE games. Their creation suite was the last good thing about them but even that got ruined with the grinding and microtransactions bullshit in career mode.

The simulation style gameplay.... It's a no from me dawg. I don't wanna have to pick someone up with the R-Trigger and then move the R-stick twice to put them into position and then press X to do a powerbomb. That. Is fucking. Nonsense.

I'm begging AEW to give me a wrestling game that plays like Def Jam Fight for New York. Or even Tekken.

I don't even need AEW to give me a CAW suite. They should, because people will riot if they don't. But I actually would prefer a career mode where I can just play as a Jimmy Havoc or Kenny Omega or something because I can never really connect to the fake looking CAW compared to face scanned real life peeps

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Let's face it's lip service at the moment.

"I can't say much, but what I will say is that it is the game people have been asking for. It's the game we've been hinting at."
Of course we'd all be creaming in our pants for a No Mercy style modern game, that doesn't mean it's going to happen.

For me the only thing I'd say in order to differentiate from WWE style is to ditch all the ridiculous motion capturing trying to get the wrestlers to look exactly like they do IRL. It takes too long. I'd happily have a more cartoony look if it means better more fluid game play.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts