Wrestling Forum banner
6,781 - 6,800 of 17,125 Posts
Yea, I'll remember this post for early 2023 when they inevitably surpass 900+ K viewers by reaching the 1+ million mark.

We get to be vindicated by then since you're clearly wrong.
Thats also a way to write the truth, everytime moving one of the goal posts. Typical DC, I like your enthusiasm.

And I will applaud you for your post in 2024 when they again reach 900k+ and we celebrate this as a bug success ;)

they have enough talent to do a million consistently. But guys no one wants to see gets tv time (best friends, dark order, Yuta, Garcia) Guys people want to see get little to not tv time (Hobbs, FTR, Starks until recently). Guys that should be doing major angles and segments and matches are used in an uninteresting manner (Daniel Bryan).
Couldn't agree more with that post. DC eye rolling because my guy knows the truth 🤣

Alright, if Wheeler Yuta and Daniel Garcia are 'miserably uninteresting' (which is obviously false because the AEW crowds are invested in these younger talents), then that doesn't bode well for Powerhouse Hobbs at all here since their crowd reactions dwarf 98% of his crowd responses.

After all, more fans would rather react to those insignificant workrate guys than that powerhouse dude (y)

Oh, of course; it's not like we have 8+ months of evidence where Wheeler Yuta was consistently over to the point where crowds regularly chanted his name (even as recently as his last few tag matches on TV).

I recall a tag contest earlier in October where his name was chanted over more established guys like Chris Jericho and Claudio Castagnoli.

Wheeler Yuta was red hot with crowds from the time where he bled against Jon Moxley back in April up until the point where he first challenged the hottest top guy of the company in MJF earlier this September.

Hell, Yuta was gone for a few weeks from late May through early June (where he missed Double or Nothing due to the NJPW Best of the Super Junior tournament), and yet he was one of the most over men in that Battle Royal where the winner had to face Jon Moxley in that main event.

Daniel Garcia regularly gets "you're a wrestler" chants ever since he teased his betrayal to JAS, and seemingly sided with Bryan Danielson. He's been fairly hot with AEW crowds for months now because of that storyline revolving around his uncertain allegiance to JAS or Bryan.

Yea, claiming that neither Yuta and Garcia are/were never over is a huge lie. You can keep making that misleading argument, but you'd still be wrong (y)

Various wrestling crowds around the country over the last 8+ months who frequently react to both those men, and who cheer for them says otherwise. You don't speak for the rest of the AEW audience who clearly do care about Yuta and Garcia (y)
If Yuta and Garcia left tomorrow would AEW be shaken to its core?

They are less over than over now. Because the feud has gone on too long. And because they have barely been featured.

You need to get both of those guys on ROH permanently. They are not AEW talents. There's a lot both need to work on.

And your powerhouse Hobbs comment if he jobs to James Cipperley twice and loses every meaningful match he is in, then the crowd will not react to him.

Tony is a awful booker. The ratings tells you that 200 thousand viewers have lost interest the last 2 months. And I think they get back to 600 thousand viewers.

Tony needs to swallow his pride and step aside for someone who has experience. He's had 3 years and viewership wise there is no buzz about the product.

Couldn't agree more with that post. DC eye rolling because my guy knows the truth 🤣
There was absolutely no truth in his response, and I'll 100% pass on your suggestion/idea for AEW's product too (which is already pretty good).

The likes of Wheeler Yuta + Daniel Garcia belong on AEW (since they're clearly over with the audience), and Tony Khan shouldn't make any major changes that were suggested here (y)

The problem with women's wrestling is: everyone who cares about it, is already watching the show. Those that don't care for it, turn it off. It doesn't draw new viewers, all it does is drive off existing viewers.

Its in the same spot every single week... Every single week it loses 10s of 1000s. It needs fixing. Maybe keep rampage exclusively for the women, might draw in those that like women wrestling and won't tank the ratings of the main show.

There was absolutely no truth in his response, and I'll 100% pass on your suggestion/idea for AEW's product too (which is already pretty good).

The likes of Wheeler Yuta + Daniel Garcia belong on AEW (since they're clearly over with the audience), and Tony Khan shouldn't make any major changes that were suggested here (y)
😂🤣😂 Of course there is. Yuta, Garcia and Cipperley look like they would work at the drive thru at burger king.

Whereas Powerhouse Hobbs looks like a guy who could kick your ass in an alley.

Your passing on it because you haven't got any comeback 😂 Tony is doing a shit job and that's being reflected in the ratings.

They were averaging 1 million 2 months ago. So riddle me that?

Smackdown lost 1+ million viewers this past Friday (which is the 2nd time that's occurred within the past months).

I suppose WWE has a lot of problems then since a huge wrestling company with 29+ years of being on TV shouldn't ever sink below 1 million viewers. Perhaps Triple H should do better with the stale main event scene (especially on Smackdown) then.

Raw just had the lowest viewership for their 3rd hour in recent memory. Perhaps HHH should hire writers that 'know' what they're doing, and push more workrate women since the whole decision has revolved around 1 overpushed woman.

NXT just fell into the 530+ K mark just last night. Maybe Shawn Michaels (or even Triple H) should move on from both of their world champions, and push other smaller/popular names instead of sacrificing them to the same 2 acts.

Yea, I doubt you have the same consistency for WWE whenever any of their shows see a dip in viewership. AEW shouldn't make any major changes to their good product atm, and hopefully your advice gets no-sold by Tony Khan (y)
The casual way you forgot to mention SD dropped so much in ratings was because they were on FS1 instead of Fox is pretty telling. Keep pushing your narratives tho.

Is anyone surprised the ratings are down? The show is dreadful and full of wrestlers who won't ever appeal to people outside of the current small AEW fan base. I bet loads of this forum can't even be bothered to watch a full episode (myself included). It's dreadful TV run by someone who doesn't seem to care if it attracts a larger audience.

Is anyone surprised the ratings are down? The show is dreadful and full of wrestlers who won't ever appeal to people outside of the current small AEW fan base. I bet loads of this forum can't even be bothered to watch a full episode (myself included). It's dreadful TV run by someone who doesn't seem to care if it attracts a larger audience.
Hello {insert name}, welcome to {insert subforum}

Enjoy your time in our community friend

Sincerely {managementbot}

The casual way you forgot to mention SD dropped so much in ratings was because they were on FS1 instead of Fox is pretty telling. Keep pushing your narratives tho.
Gee, that sounds like an excuse to me, 'm8' (especially for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world).

If the show was actually good, then more people would've watched Smackdown (y)

At least that's what we've been told.

I guarantee that your tune would predictably change if that happened to AEW though.

Gee, that sounds like an excuse to me, 'm8' (especially for the biggest wrestling promotion in the world).

If the show was actually good, then more people would've watched Smackdown (y)

At least that's what we've been told.

I guarantee that your tune would predictably change if that happened to AEW though.
So in 12 hours when Smackdown airs and gets its regular 2 million+ viewers it would be due to them having a fantastic show and the reason Rampage won't do the same is cuz it is trash?

6,781 - 6,800 of 17,125 Posts