Wrestling Forum banner

AEW TV Ratings Thread

338382 7596
All the numbers stuff here. Have fun and keep it friendly
6741 - 6760 of 7597 Posts

· Banned
24,474 Posts
can't even get back to 900,000 anymore that should tell you right there this company is dead and its all Tony's fault.
Yea, I'll remember this post for early 2023 when they inevitably surpass 900+ K viewers by reaching the 1+ million mark.

We get to be vindicated by then since you're clearly wrong.

· Registered
33,423 Posts
Yea, I'm saving this post for early 2023 when they inevitably surpass 900+ K viewers by reaching the 1+ million mark.

We get to be vindicated by then since you're clearly wrong.
What is going to get them to average 950-1million though? If what is happening now, cant?

Edit: Maybe Sasha will bump the show to a million on her debut if done right, but how long will that sustain?

· Registered
725 Posts
Holy shit, 4 weeks straight and not even 900 thousand. All due to failure of booking, certain people on the shows that nobody wants to see, Bucks are not moving the needle, if anything drawing it back...and Punk was a draw. Not looking good. U read also in person shows are struggling with attendance.
also have to say Vince stepping down really killed them once Trips took over I think alot of there fans went back to WWE.

· Registered
20,961 Posts
'Excuses' are apparently only given for AEW, but not for WWE whenever they see the occasional ratings dip too.

I'm just as consistent with my reasoning for Raw whenever they see some minor dips. They're also dealing with major sports competition, and it's also the month of December (which is historically not a strong month for viewership regarding professional wrestling).

These facts will be conveniently ignored though in favor of rooting for this company to 'fail.'

We'll ignore that:

1. WWE gets significantly higher ratings than AEW on their main shows.

2. WWE is a provable profitable company [Which can be shown from their quarterly reports]. AEW, on the other hand, is a private company and doesn't publicly release their financials despite Khan having no problem bragging about million dollar gates.

also have to say Vince stepping down really killed them once Trips took over I think alot of there fans went back to WWE.

Not just fans but also wrestling talents. I love Vince and he is a complete fucking legend of this business but like many bookers who hit their 60s and 70s [Watts, Fritz Von Erich, Gagne, etc], he was way past his prime creatively.

· Banned
24,474 Posts
the bucks are part of the problem

AEW has alot of problems that are cause this decline.Tony's love for ROH and shoving it on the main program has alot to do it noone cares about ROH but Tony to blind to see it also its his shit booking on top of that.

If he was smart he would take a step back and hire a writer to book his show to freshen it up and send ROH to youtube until he can reach a tv deal for it.
Smackdown lost 1+ million viewers this past Friday (which is the 2nd time that's occurred within the past months).

I suppose WWE has a lot of problems then since a huge wrestling company with 29+ years of being on TV shouldn't ever sink below 1 million viewers. Perhaps Triple H should do better with the stale main event scene (especially on Smackdown) then.

Raw just had the lowest viewership for their 3rd hour in recent memory. Perhaps HHH should hire writers that 'know' what they're doing, and push more workrate women since the whole decision has revolved around 1 overpushed woman.

NXT just fell into the 530+ K mark just last night. Maybe Shawn Michaels (or even Triple H) should move on from both of their world champions, and push other smaller/popular names instead of sacrificing them to the same 2 acts.

Yea, I doubt you have the same consistency for WWE whenever any of their shows see a dip in viewership. AEW shouldn't make any major changes to their good product atm, and hopefully your advice gets no-sold by Tony Khan (y)

· Banned
24,474 Posts
Huh, Claudio Castagnoli, Wheeler Yuta, and Daniel Garcia (who are great wrestlers) unsurprisingly maintained the viewership pretty well once again during their tag match at the top of the 2nd hour.

That's even more reason for Tony Khan to continue pushing those talented men, especially since this continues to prove that they're aren't ratings killers at all. They were within the top 3 highest rated quarterly segment here (and even ALMOST in the top 2 as well) (y)

Edit:

The same applies for the young demographic numbers too in this case. They were also in the top 3 for this week.

· Baby It's Violence
12,452 Posts
Apparently the NHL game on TNT did 219K with a 0.07 demo too due to the issues, which is unfathomably low.

I don't normally shell out for excuses but I mean, Spectrum did mention it themselves. They tweeted this at 8:30 last night, and just searching Spectrum TBS gives you an huge list of people who had problems last night.

· Banned
24,474 Posts
Apparently the NHL game on TNT did 219K with a 0.07 demo too due to the issues, which is unfathomably low.

I don't normally shell out for excuses but I mean, Spectrum did mention it themselves. They tweeted this at 8:30 last night, and just searching Spectrum TBS gives you an huge list of people who had problems last night.

No worries, these facts equate to 'excuses' somehow.

· Registered
725 Posts

thats all you aew fans do is make excuses its always something.

NewsFlash: this company sucks right now and it will suck until Tony gets his head out of his ass.

· Baby It's Violence
12,452 Posts
thats all you aew fans do is make excuses its always something.

NewsFlash: this company sucks right now and it will suck until Tony gets his head out of his ass.
Wrong.

I've acknowledged their rating and attendance issues a ton, go look back if you want. This one I only note because there were a lot of people who legitimately couldn't watch the show.

If you find it to be another excuse, sure.

· Registered
20,961 Posts
  • Sad
Reactions: DammitChrist

· Registered
20,961 Posts
its draws well in WWE its just Tony can't book the women div(or anything for that matter).

Is it though? The biggest QTQ decline this past Monday Night was from the Asuka/Bayley/Ripley match. A not so sexy -12% plunge.

· Banned
24,474 Posts

· Registered
37,516 Posts
Wrong.

I've acknowledged their rating and attendance issues a ton, go look back if you want. This one I only note because there were a lot of people who legitimately couldn't watch the show.

If you find it to be another excuse, sure.
The thing is it's become a "Boy who cried wolf" type situation when Dynamite ratings don't go up. Because for whatever reason, it's pretty much never chalked up to bad string of shows. It's always

Well this sport, this game show, politics, this holiday, hey TV in general

So when actually technical difficulties arise it's eyeroll worthy. It's not that these things aren't happening, but when everytime there's a reasoning beyond maybe the show isn't attracting new viewers it becomes pathetic.

· Banned
24,474 Posts
The thing is it's become a "Boy who cried wolf" type situation when Dynamite ratings don't go up. Because for whatever reason, it's pretty much never chalked up to bad string of shows. It's always

Well this sport, this game show, politics, this holiday, hey TV in general

So when actually technical difficulties arise it's eyeroll worthy. It's not that these things aren't happening, but when everytime there's a reasoning beyond maybe the show isn't attracting new viewers it becomes pathetic.
Yes, there's a 'bad string of shows' even though the last 2 Dynamite episodes have been especially great.

6741 - 6760 of 7597 Posts