Wrestling Forum banner

9521 - 9540 of 9731 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
AEW number 9 according to the "Demo" = worth $45 Million
NHL number 19 according to the "Demo" = worth $225 Million

it almost looks like the "Demo" is not the most important factor 🤯
Live sports is a gold mine for advertisers because you can advertised during the game in a multiple ways.
It's still a factor of prestige for a network to be associated with a franchise as well.

The second point you don't want to take into account, is live streaming. this article states ages drasticly inscreases : "the NHL went from 33 to 49; MLB went from 52 to 57; the NFL went from 44 to 50".
My ex girlfriend who is a very hardcore hockey fan is watching games from the NHL app, and she's 28.

The important point here is, despite the decrease of viewers, advertisers are still spending money.
Why? because networks negotiate the streaming deals with it.
And the news is Nielsen (which can already aprehend it) will measure it by 2024.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Live sports is a gold mine for advertisers because you can advertised during the game in a multiple ways.
It's still a factor of prestige for a network to be associated with a franchise as well.

The second point you don't want to take into account, is live streaming. this article states ages drasticly inscreases : "the NHL went from 33 to 49; MLB went from 52 to 57; the NFL went from 44 to 50".
My ex girlfriend who is a very hardcore hockey fan is watching games from the NHL app, and she's 28.

The important point here is, despite the decrease of viewers, advertisers are still spending money.
Why? because networks negotiate the streaming deals with it.
And the news is Nielsen (which can already aprehend it) will measure it by 2024.
and how does any of this change what i said ??
you're just proving me right with this post
the Demo is not the most important factor
there are other things that determine the value
and the NHL deal is a proof of that
45 million vs 225 million
despite having a lower "Demo"

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,406 Posts
Wrestling demos don't matter because advertisers view wrestling as a low brow form of entertainment and don't spend much money on it.

Exactly, the demo don't mean shit when it comes to wrestling. Most advertisers view wrestling fans as dumb people who still "watch fake fighting."

·
Registered
139 Posts
and how does any of this change what i said ??
you're just proving me right with this post
the Demo is not the most important factor
there are other things that determine the value
and the NHL deal is a proof of that
45 million vs 225 million
despite having a lower "Demo"

Mate, I do not pretend AEW is more lucrative than NHL or NBA.
You're just watching and commenting numbers without digging into it.
I remember a poster here, sharing a tweet from someone, stating the DVR were very good, and you made fun of him.

I've just shared the fact the demo counts, 18-49 has changed their viewing habits, networks are adapting to the trend, Nielsen is measuring it to sell slot to commercials. You don't want to believe? I'm okay with it., maybe VIP86 gonna revolutionize the commercial industry.

oh and one more thing, speaking of Guy Fieri

AEW's entire TV deal is worth $175 million for Four years
that means under $45 million per year

Guy Fieri’s Diners, Drive Ins and Dives ad revenue in 2020 alone is $230 million

source
Guy Fieri’s New Deal Makes Him One Of Cable TV’s Highest-Paid Hosts
Mate, do not compare an ad-revenue with a show deal.
It is like you're comparing a price, a cost and a benefit, it is totally different.

But I admit you picked a good example to show how much profitable you can be, with a low-cost TV show (in term of production) compared to other big franchise. But we're not speaking about wrestling and AEW anymore.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Mate, I do not pretend AEW is more lucrative than NHL or NBA.
You're just watching and commenting numbers without digging into it.
I remember a poster here, sharing a tweet from someone, stating the DVR were very good, and you made fun of him.

I've just shared the fact the demo counts, 18-49 has changed their viewing habits, networks are adapting to the trend, Nielsen is measuring it to sell slot to commercials. You don't want to believe? I'm okay with it.
1-DVR doesn't matter nearly as much no matter how hard some people wanted it to be
25% of the Live TV ad revenue at the very very best

2-the Demo is not the only important factor
no matter how hard people are clinging on to it
if it was, AEW would have costed TNT more than the NHL
since they have a better "Demo"

3-show me the post that i made fun of this person in
or else you can just admit that you lied
Mate, do not compare an ad-revenue with a show deal.
It is like you're comparing a price, a cost and a benefit, it is totally different.

But I admit you picked a good example to show how much profitable you can be, with a low-cost TV show (in term of production) compared to other big franchise. But we're not speaking about wrestling and AEW anymore.
nope, it's pretty relevant
if people want to use Guy Fieri’s show as an example
then they at least should know that his show brings in more ad revenue in one year than the entire AEW
4 years TV deal

·
Banned
10,498 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
sigh… :rolleyes:

aew also earns a share of its own ad revenue on top of their contract

confirmed when they signed the renewal
Guy Fieri’s show makes 230 million a year in ad revenue

AEW makes 19 million a year from their TV deal after deducting the production costs
so they need to get paid 211 million in ad revenue a year to even match what Guy Fieri’s show makes
does TNT pay AEW 211 million a year in ad revenue ??
i don't think so

it's ok to admit that a show is not sizzling hot in terms of advertisement value compared to other shows
it's not gonna make AEW close shop if you did

·
Registered
139 Posts
1-DVR doesn't matter nearly as much no matter how hard some people wanted it to be
25% of the Live TV ad revenue at the very very best

2-the Demo is not the only important factor
no matter how hard people are clinging on to it
if it was, AEW would have costed TNT more than the NHL
since they have a better "Demo"

3-show me the post that i made fun of this person in
or else you can just admit that you lied

nope, it's pretty relevant
if people want to use Guy Fieri’s show as an example
then they at least should know that his show brings in more ad revenue in one year than the entire AEW
4 years TV deal
1- that's your point of view if you keep watching numbers without questioning it.

2- that's your point of view. Can you give me a source advertisers do not care about demo?
Back to 1 and my previous post, to show you how important live streaming is affecting the key demo.

3- I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. But whatever, let's keep it outside.

For the last point, I can buy a TV show for X millions $, and keeping the ad revenue in return.
I can buy a TV-right and sharing the bill.
Do you have the AEW ad-revenue ? no, you just have the TV deal.
Does that mean AEW is drawing $45 millions in ad-revenues every year? I don't think so, the would be cancelled.

I don't have the deal under my eyes neither to be honest.
But from what I remember, the ad revenue is split between TNT and AEW.
After, I don't want to theorize if the wrestling fan is more/less lucrative than another one. We could debate on it of course, but I've never had this rejection in my job.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
1- that's your point of view if you keep watching numbers without questioning it.
are you serious ??
so with a straight face you can tell me that DVR is worth the same as Live TV ??
2- that's your point of view. Can you give me a source advertisers do not care about demo?
Back to 1 and my previous post, to show you how important live streaming is affecting the key demo.
the whole argument is that the hardcore fans want to make the Demo the most important factor
which is not, and the other examples (like the NHL) are a proof of that
i don't care about live streaming and its effect
and guess what, TV networks don't care about live streaming either
TNT doesn't pay AEW for their Fite viewership
we're talking TV ratings here, so stop using internet streaming in the conversation

3- I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. But whatever, let's keep it outside.
don't make the claim if you don't have the proof

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,546 Posts
are you serious ??
so with a straight face you can tell me that DVR is worth the same as Live TV ??

the whole argument is that the hardcore fans want to make the Demo the most important factor
which is not, and the other examples (like the NHL) are a proof of that
i don't care about live streaming and its effect
and guess what, TV networks don't care about live streaming either
TNT doesn't pay AEW for their Fite viewership
we're talking TV ratings here, so stop using internet streaming in the conversation

don't make the claim if you don't have the proof
Nah, live streaming will always be used in conversations like this one, and they'll continue to be posted in future topics since they're becoming more relevant as of late; especially over the past few years. There's plenty of wrestling fans who also tune in through streams in case they're unable to watch on TV (for any wrestling show).

Plus, the demographic numbers are still important here, and they should continue to be discussed well too. Let's not continue to downplay them just because you don't care about them for some reason.

Don't be rude by dismissing his valid points just because you dislike them. He's being really reasonable about the numbers too (y)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Nah, live streaming will always be used in conversations like this one, and they'll continue to be posted in future topics since they're becoming more relevant as of late; especially over the past few years. There's plenty of wrestling fans who also tune in through streams in case they're unable to watch on TV (for any wrestling show).
this is a TV ratings thread
not a streaming services thread
just because you want to increase the numbers any way possible, doesn't mean that the rest will just have to deal with it because you think so
Plus, the demographic numbers are still important here, and they should continue to be discussed well too. Let's not continue to downplay them just because you don't care about them for some reason.
real world facts says the "Demo" is not the only important factor (the NHL says Hi)
and guess what the real world doesn't care about?
your desperation to make it more important than it really is
Don't be rude by dismissing his valid points just because you dislike them. He's being really reasonable about the numbers too (y)
i absolutely love that you of all people in here accuse people of being Rude
the words Rude and dismissing other people points are your speciality
add to that the projection of course, since you really enjoy accusing people of doing exactly what you're doing

anything else you wanna add
maybe you should explain to us why TNT moved the NHL to TBS because of AEW?
oh wait i forgot, it's the other way around, AEW is what got moved
i guess the important higher "Demo" didn't really do much for them

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
Guy Fieri’s show makes 230 million a year in ad revenue

AEW makes 19 million a year from their TV deal after deducting the production costs
so they need to get paid 211 million in ad revenue a year to even match what Guy Fieri’s show makes
does TNT pay AEW 211 million a year in ad revenue ??
i don't think so

it's ok to admit that a show is not sizzling hot in terms of advertisement value compared to other shows
it's not gonna make AEW close shop if you did
i don‘t know what they get paid - neither do you

find a similar report on their ad revenue and we’ll see

also…. If you read the article its estimated he made 26mil from tv - 230 mil is what food network made / so yes, easy to imagine they get half that from 1 show a year (as he has two shows)

its ok to admit when you don’t understand the words in an article

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
Fieri - 2 shows / 26m from 230m ad revenue, which is 11%

take that, divide by 2 for 2 shows = 13m that AEW has to make for themselves for Dynamite - divide over 52 weeks =. 250k a Dynamite

That looks extremely likely actually

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
i don‘t know what they get paid - neither do you

find a similar report on their ad revenue and we’ll see

also…. If you read the article its estimated he made 26mil from tv - 230 mil is what food network made / so yes, easy to imagine they get half that from 1 show a year (as he has two shows)

its ok to admit when you don’t understand the words in an article
yep, 1 Guy is getting paid 7 million more than AEW in a year (AEW makes 19 million)
and only one show makes 230 million a year (Diners, Drive Ins and Dives) the article specifically says that
show me your proof that AEW is making 230 million for TNT
it's ok to admit you don't understand the article

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Just watch the actual ads and you see it yourself. Compare to the ads shown for the first couple of shows. The prominent advertisers get less and less. Just random ads from advertisers who probably buy „the whole channel“.

And it is funny how the „diehards“ always say the „haters“ are reaching and just look now what the obvious diehards are doing, reaching like there is no morning…

Just watch the ads for this drive in show and you will see that they will match the content, so more chance people who watch will buy that stuff. What advertisable group would you put AEW fans in? There is no fix group so it is harder for advertisers to actually reach their customers and no „young, unemployed and unkissed“ is no advertisement group…

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the audacity of people to just lie blatantly, and then accuse others of their shortcomings
this is what the article says

"His longest-running show Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, which has been on air since 2006, generated more than $230 million in 2020 ad revenue for the Food Network"

where exactly in this does it say that it's 2 shows ??

·
14,546 Posts
this is a TV ratings thread
not a streaming services thread
just because you want to increase the numbers any way possible, doesn't mean that the rest will just have to deal with it because you think so

real world facts says the "Demo" is not the only important factor (the NHL says Hi)
and guess what the real world doesn't care about?
your desperation to make it more important than it really is

i absolutely love that you of all people in here accuse people of being Rude
the words Rude and dismissing other people points are your speciality
add to that the projection of course, since you really enjoy accusing people of doing exactly what you're doing

anything else you wanna add
maybe you should explain to us why TNT moved the NHL to TBS because of AEW?
oh wait i forgot, it's the other way around, AEW is what got moved
i guess the important higher "Demo" didn't really do much for them
See, the condescending tone to that response to me (too) is exactly why someone had to respond to you being rude, especially since you continue to irrationally downplay the importance of the demographic numbers for whatever reason.

I guarantee that they'll be fine no matter which TV channel they end up on by next year too (y)

Just try to calm down in future reference :)

·
14,546 Posts
Just watch the actual ads and you see it yourself. Compare to the ads shown for the first couple of shows. The prominent advertisers get less and less. Just random ads from advertisers who probably buy „the whole channel“.

And it is funny how the „diehards“ always say the „haters“ are reaching and just look now what the obvious diehards are doing, reaching like there is no morning…

Just watch the ads for this drive in show and you will see that they will match the content, so more chance people who watch will buy that stuff. What advertisable group would you put AEW fans in? There is no fix group so it is harder for advertisers to actually reach their customers and no „young, unemployed and unkissed“ is no advertisement group…
Yikes, way to give a negative label to a big group of wrestling fans in a derogatory way just because they happen to enjoy an entertaining product that you apparently dislike so much.

9521 - 9540 of 9731 Posts