Wrestling Forum banner

9481 - 9500 of 9738 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I'd happily put my name in the hat but I understand that most of the mods probably still consider me a member of the Angry Aussies, even though I've taken a back seat and tried to just watch the drama unfold instead of involving myself in it.
Same here. I think it would be pretty cool actually. Don't see why people are hating on it so much.

i Remember this Era
i was so young and vibrant back then
now i'm several months older, and not much Time left
Lol, that was a pretty wild time though lol.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,420 Posts
I don't know, it seems this thread turns more and more into non-statements, platitudes and lame excuses. As long as so many people try to sell the actual programm (indirectly) as faultless, we stay in that circle, because it was never AEW's fault. Meanwhile we are so low in ratings, that reaching 0.5m again next week would turn into a "we told you, AEW is great" party. Well, as long a few people are happy with that ...

I always said that if (and that's a big IF) AEW ever do the same rating than the WWE it's going to take years maybe decades.

Also yes they are doing 460k on friday's at 10pm but guess what 99% of the time the show is on wednesday.

You can't compare (if you are ok in your mind) the ratings of a show in it usual night at 8pm with his ratings on a different night (Friday being the worst night possible) and at 10pm, people who are comparing are dishonest.
So overall you expect nothing, if I got you right. In your words, a new show won't make it anyway, it will takes decades for whatever reason. So AEW becomes a average thing maybe (your word) in a few decardes, for example when Vince dies. :D And you expect Tony Khan still being interested into this little project in decades? Because if no, AEW will have to compensate losing the money-fountain over time, which will make it even more difficult in the long run. In decades, the USA could been overtaken by China anyway and the wrestlemania will be presented by this guy:

HAHA. I mean, in decades a lot of things can happen maybe.

Also you falled back to give the standard excuses, which we already heard. Now you try to cop out with another strawman. We are not talking about the old place on wednesday and btw, they dropped in ratings there as well the last few weeks. We compare the rating this week to the (already low) rating last week and they both were friday night. Nevertheless the rating this week were even worse. :( Had you brought the same excuse, of AEW had made 200k last friday? I am curious.
This is not a new discussion; we already had that for wednesdays, where I was shocked about AEW cannot stay above 1million and a few people suddenly acted, like it was normal to be so low. For some reason, the whole battle with NXT is forgotten. The viewers from NXT, which were alleged viewers of AEW then, after NXT is moved, are in another universe now.

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
No i'm just not an hardcore fan of wrestling like you, i don't give a shit if AEW does 900K or 2M and i don't care if AEW is no more in 10 years because there is a lot of things that I watch and like more than wrestling.

I often post that people should stop freaking out about the ratings in both direction, when it's low or high but it seems that the average wrestling fans are quick to jump to conclusions and have a pretty bad memory.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,420 Posts
No i'm just not an hardcore fan of wrestling like you, i don't give a shit if AEW does 900K or 2M and i don't care if AEW is no more in 10 years because there is a lot of things that I watch and like more than wrestling.
Jeez, another meaningless statement. :rolleyes:
Regarding the number of your postings, obviously you care a lot!!! :D

I often post that people should stop freaking out about the ratings in both direction, when it's low or high but it seems that the average wrestling fans are quick to jump to conclusions and have a pretty bad memory.
Interesting statement. (n)
Obvisouly I remember the §!%$ you wrote in Asuka fan thread, so at least my memory is not that bad. :D

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
Jeez, another meaningless statement. :rolleyes:
Regarding the number of your postings, obviously you care a lot!!! :D

Interesting statement. (n)
Obvisouly I remember the §!%$ you wrote in Asuka fan thread, so at least my memory is not that bad. :D
It's more for the conversations than wrestling itself than i'm posting on this forum, i find that interesting.

I'm more invested with Asuka than any other wrestler because it's her who made me watch wrestling again. I remember being on youtube and a video about her (early NXT for her) grabbed my intention and at that moment I thought "damn that woman rock" and i started watching NXT because of her (never did before).

·
None. More. Hated.
Tuck Your Chin.
9,406 Posts
you won't Get paid
and every side will accuse you of being biased against them
do you really want this headache

Eh the WWE section is pretty tame. I think I could deal.

Reactions: CovidFan

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wouldn't say I want to see AEW fail and there are definitely legitimate reasons for the low viewership BUT these Friday ratings are funny because AEW hardcores thought NXT moving days and not getting significantly higher viewership was a fail. Nothing against AEW hardcores but some really live in a bubble.

·
Registered
9,880 Posts
I wouldn't say I want to see AEW fail and there are definitely legitimate reasons for the low viewership BUT these Friday ratings are funny because AEW hardcores thought NXT moving days and not getting significantly higher viewership was a fail. Nothing against AEW hardcores but some really live in a bubble.
I don't see the link between the 2 situations, NXT is not on the same day but at least it's starting at the same time.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
14,551 Posts
Alright, the past day has been really busy; so I'm really sorry to everyone else for being behind on this thread since my last visit here on Monday night. I just feel like addressing some posts that I missed yesterday.

However, I do expect to see a trainwreck here because I trust that some folks are totally 'not' overreacting with bad takes regarding the low rating, which is obviously due to the fact that the Friday night time slot was an awful placement for them; but of course, this somehow means that the shows are automatically "bad" even though there's a lot of wrestling fans who actually do enjoy watching Dynamite :p

Anyway, this will probably get lengthy :lol

Let them keep listening to the people who refuse to acknowledge their stupid booking and they will kill their Wednesday audience as well.
Oh, it's going to be a GLORIOUS time on here when Dynamite goes back to their usual 850+ K viewership consistently starting next month, and you'll be proven wrong (once again) about them "killing their audience."

Of course, I know you'll be silent instead of acknowledging being wrong; so that'll be a pointless expectation.

You're smarter than that. Of course not. I do, however, want him to address a problem instead of running away because there's no consistency here.

The post he replied "shut up" to was me showing him that someone was insulting @The Legit DMD for no reason. Wood was banned because he was apparently the big bad instigator but, as you see, arguments still happen, and the AEWA still insult people who make legitimate points.

On the flip side, if wood was banned for trolling, which I disagree with anyway, why are the most obvious trolls still around? Either way, there's no consistency.

You yourself made these points and we got no answer:
Dude, his bold post was completely justified. He's not even a "troll."

Why are you defending someone who is guilty of being really hypocritical, who baits other AEW fans with passive-aggressive attacks, and who tends to treat us like we're "idiots" in his arguments (where he blatantly selects certain numbers to force his biased narratives on us)?

He had a good reason behind that. You're just choosing to overlook the context here.

It's not because he wants them to fail, though. It's in the hopes that the ratings become so bad, it causes AEW to rethink their plans, put more effort in, and produce a better product as a result. I get that logic because AEW has the talent to put on a good show. They just need a more coherent structure to their show.
You DO realize that by listening to 1 person online who clearly wants the company to fail with low numbers, you'd risk disorienting the rest of the other wrestling fans (who actually enjoy the product as it's currently presented atm) with an unnecessary, major overhaul.

There's a great portion of the AEW audience who enjoy Cody Rhodes and the Young Bucks being a prominent part of the upper card. They shouldn't get demoted down the card just because of a vocal minority of individuals who oppose them.

Instead, the company should continue listening to the constructive criticism from their fans AND from the centrists who genuinely WANT them to succeed without any ill-will in the process.

Because there has to be push back against the supermarks if the company is ever gonna truly succeed. The mental gymnastics people are trying to do to justify the number is just ridiculous. Why can't you just say " it was a bad show in a death slot and did a horrible number "? Like..Whats wrong with saying that? Instead all these people are doing advanced algebra to for some reason get around saying the show sucked. It's like they're petrified to say anything negative about Tony Khan.

It's almost like they're...

On his payroll or...something?
Gee, maybe it's because of the fact that it was a solid show (that happened to have a weaker card) that unfortunately managed to get a low number due to the fact that they were stuck at an AWFUL time slot late on Friday night(s)?

It wasn't a "bad" show at all. That's why other wrestling fans aren't saying what you want them to comment (because it's wrong and it's misleading). Nobody else should be obligated to utter a statement that you desperately want them to make since it's simply not true.

I don't see why you're so bothered over other folks rationalizing why the number was low without any of them overreacting. It's not like their reasons are wrong at all.

For the record, the company should not oppose their own hardcore/weekly audience while they STILL have plenty of good will for them. No "pushbacks" are necessary at all in this case (y)

I've typed that exact same thing in a blatantly celebratory tone for a dozen times in the Raw ratings thread, bluntly stating "Can't wait for the viewership to go down to 1.5Million" for that exact same reason. Imagine doing that in this thread....
I thought Raw was decent this week for their standards in 2021, especially in the 2nd half of the show (aside from the AWFUL closing segment with the supernatural crap); but there's a reason why many folks have a tendency to do that on the other ratings thread.

Raw has been really inconsistent over the past several months, and their episodes are usually weak whereas the Dynamite episodes tend to be really good or enjoyable overall (which is why they don't get the same negative treatment on this thread here aside from the vocal minority who despises the entertaining product).
If some of you are crazy enough to think that wrestling can be more popular than it is now in 2021, then you probably live in a different world XD.

A wrestling show will never have 3-4-5 million viewers and a new wrestling programm even a perfect one will never be at the actual level of the WWE (1.8-2.1M).

When the WWE was +5M viewers the only way to watch the show was to watch it live, if you was only interested in 1 wrestler you had to watch the whole thing. Now people can watch the highlights of the shows and why watch 2 or 3 hours when you can see all the important moments in 10-15min ?

Only hardcore fans will watch 2 or 3 hours of wrestling, the only time non big fans of wrestling will watch a whole show is for special shows. The same can be said for any other sports in the world, people who usually don't really watch the NFL will start to watch it for the playoff and even for the superbowl.
A lot of people only watch football during the worldcup because it's special.

I know it's hard to accept for hardcore fans like some of you but wrestling will never be like 15-20 years ago, the world and society we live in forbid it.

Now does it mean that AEW is perfect ? hell no.

But sadly the quality of the show will have very limited effects on the viewership.
This thread desperately needed some logic, and rational explanations after the overreactions regarding the low number recently. Thank you for helping provide us just that on here with this response (y)

Honestly, I don't expect Dynamite's ratings to be strong again until they get back on the road next month. Hopefully, they advertise like crazy in late-June that they'll be moving back to Wednesday nights; so that way, more folks will be even more willing to tune in for the 1st live episode on the regular time slot again in early-July..

I try to stay out of forum politics because here it's particularly bad but as a poster who mainly just reads it's clear that Chrome hates anyone criticising AEW for an extended period of time. You're not gone because you praise them fairly often (And are also a mod) but if you're someone who doesn't like the product and bring it up you will get banned randomly for no reason with no prior warning.

Worst of all you and the other moderators know this is how he operates and do nothing to stop it despite presumably having the power to do so. The Wood was an intelligent poster who never did anything to anyone but gets banned meanwhile you have guys like LifeInCattleClass and others who sit on the "correct side" and regularly taunt, bait and insult only to never so much as be given a warning.

You yourself say Wood being banned sucks and there's worse than him on here...so why the fuck is he banned? Uh oh better keep our mouths shut or we'll get perma banned for asking a question.

LMAO
@LifeInCattleClass is a good egg, and that tweet ended up being fake; so there's nothing funny about it (which really wasn't funny to begin with at all).

Especially since we just saw AEW hit 1.2 mil two months ago, so people WANT a good alternative to WWE, but they get turned off by the nonsense on the program. Put on a good show, maintain a million viewers, and we can't say shit. No one expects them to REPLACE WWE, so it's ridiculous to even bring that up as a measuring stick.
They do provide a good wrestling show, and you don't speak for the rest of those viewers who were unable to tune in live for whatever reason.

We are looking for a wwe mod, if you'd like one of you lot can apply and you'll have access to the mod chat and ask them yourself.
By the way, are you still considering that name who was suggested/recommended to you in the PM not too long ago? :p

I don't see the link between the 2 situations, NXT is not on the same day but at least it's starting at the same time.
Yea, it's 2 completely different scenarios right here.

·
14,551 Posts
Ah, it's finally good to be all caught up with everything more settled now (y)

·
14,551 Posts
The hypocrisy and baiting is so easy to ignore. It's only a matter of time.
Those are 2 traits you're highly guilty of here since you tend to be really hypocritical (despite being 'all' about the facts), and you tend to take passive-aggressive shots at other wrestling fans.

Hell, you just did the latter to me without even quoting me directly.

Reactions: rbl85

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
The Wood was an intelligent poster who never did anything to anyone but gets banned meanwhile you have guys like LifeInCattleClass and others who sit on the "correct side" and regularly taunt, bait and insult only to never so much as be given a warning.
do you even post here bro?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I try to stay out of forum politics because here it's particularly bad but as a poster who mainly just reads it's clear that Chrome hates anyone criticising AEW for an extended period of time. You're not gone because you praise them fairly often (And are also a mod) but if you're someone who doesn't like the product and bring it up you will get banned randomly for no reason with no prior warning.

Worst of all you and the other moderators know this is how he operates and do nothing to stop it despite presumably having the power to do so. The Wood was an intelligent poster who never did anything to anyone but gets banned meanwhile you have guys like LifeInCattleClass and others who sit on the "correct side" and regularly taunt, bait and insult only to never so much as be given a warning.

You yourself say Wood being banned sucks and there's worse than him on here...so why the fuck is he banned? Uh oh better keep our mouths shut or we'll get perma banned for asking a question.

LMAO
What? @LifeInCattleClass is one of the most correct posters here. Of course this post has the "Like" of @La Parka, the user that normally likes "Silly Posts" like the one that a banned user made against me and my country.

9481 - 9500 of 9738 Posts