Wrestling Forum banner

7901 - 7920 of 8531 Posts

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Calling someone else out for making an unsubstantial post or trying to knock a thread off topic is peak you tbh.
Alright, I'm just going to pretend that you're also going to predict that they're getting 1.1 million viewers for Dynamite this week; which would be an accurate estimation here by us :p

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
No pretending necessary, that's exactly what he predicted.
Alright, where there we have it here!

I wasn't completely sure if he made that prediction there, so that explains the uncertainty from me :p

I do have a good feeling that they reach that number overall, or at least reach 1.1 million viewers for a certain part of the show for Blood & Guts this week.

Edit:

I'd like to be optimistic with 1.3 million viewers, but I can never tell with how frequently that ratings move up and down.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Curious.... why the random 1 at the end lol?
Oh, I assume that he just wanted to be really specific here for the accuracy :p

I guess it could also be because if someone else (like me or someone else) predicted 1.1 million viewers for this week, he'd be more likely to win the predictions game if they end up getting 1.105 million viewers or something since he'd be a bit closer to that actual number.

Edit:

Yep, so it was the Dwight Schrute's "thousand dollars and 1 penny"-related reference :lol

·
Baby It's Violence
8,134 Posts
Just a bit of a "Price is Right" rules joke. If someone bids $1000 and the second person bids $1001 and the real cost is $1042, the second person wins. So I would win over someone just predicting 1.1 million etc.
Ha, got it.

In that case I'll change my to one viewer, then I'll win when y'all end up overpredicting.

·
Premium Member
Geekslayer
12,829 Posts
Ha, got it.

In that case I'll change my to one viewer, then I'll win when y'all end up overpredicting.
Yes, that is a classic Price is Right strategy as well. And since Bob Barker did host RAW and they played the bidding game, that is a pretty solid wrestling connection to use on here I would say.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,134 Posts
Yes, that is a classic Price is Right strategy as well. And since Bob Barker did host RAW and they played the bidding game, that is a pretty solid wrestling connection to use on here I would say.

View attachment 100720
As bad as the guest host era of Raw was, at least we got Bob Barker out of it. That whole segment was hilarious.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,588 Posts
Just a bit of a "Price is Right" rules joke. If someone bids $1000 and the second person bids $1001 and the real cost is $1042, the second person wins. So I would win over someone just predicting 1.1 million etc.
I definitely heard Bob Barker in my head when I read your first post.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My prediction for the rating this week is 1.3. As a big WCW fan, I'm really looking forward to seeing the more classic War Games match. I'm sure I'll enjoy it as much as the Bunkhouse Brawl match a few months ago. Early 90s WCW is underrated in terms of match quality

Just no King of the Road matches lol

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
8,333 Posts

View attachment 100720
Where do you think I came up with the idea for that rule? ;)

So far the predictions have been fairly appart, so it was enough to just predict the nearest thousand, which pretty much everyone did, except for one user, @NamelessJobber who´s always oddly specific (which I think is great!).
But we´re getting more and more predictions with small variations -this week for instance, most of the predictions is between 1.1 -1.3 Million. With a few people being more precise.

(Obligatory shameless plug for the game)
AEW Ratings prediction game

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
people are suspiciously predicting low numbers for this episode :unsure:
probably so they can say "see they exceeded expectations" if the episode reached the 1 million mark
i'm sticking with 1.4
that's what they should be doing for War Games on Free TV

·
Registered
146 Posts
probably so they can say "see they exceeded expectations" if the episode reached the 1 million mark
i'm sticking with 1.4
that's what they should be doing for War Games on Free TV
Based on what? 1.4 is at the upper range of even their DVR numbers..

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
They are trying to work you but you are too versed to be fooled like that.

7901 - 7920 of 8531 Posts