Wrestling Forum banner

7861 - 7880 of 8523 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
so where do you think it’ll end up at on average

back to 800k - 850k average for a quarter?
I think they'll go back to 1 million.

After DON, they'll go back to current numbers, which are Wednesday war numbers, which they'll be on same trajectory of ratings during war.

So 800k-900k for now, then end of summer and beyond 600k-700k.

Sports returns during autumn and they'll do 400k-600k average.

Based on nonstop ratings decline from October 2019.

Unless of course they hire a good writer.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,588 Posts
This is another thing when did we start including DVR +7 it's like so many things going to prop it up.

Like I say every week they're top 5 to 10 every week. That's stellar, no need for all the other things. Literally everything affects the ratings, so ignore it just focus on the rating. How did they handle the cards they were dealt. Biden dominated the top 20, but they made the top 25 cool. There's no sports going on, national news, or big reality show so they're #1 also cool.
DVR is used whenever it's convenient. I pointed out Britt and Rosa had the highest DVR number to the "women can't draw" crowd and some people had 1,000 excuses for it.

·
Registered
10,111 Posts

After DON, they'll go back to current numbers, which are Wednesday war numbers, which they'll be on same trajectory of ratings during war.

i mean.... they never had any indication of hitting 400k

will be interesting to see if you’re right

i doubt it - but luckily time will tell

·
Registered
28,704 Posts
DVR is used whenever it's convenient. I pointed out Britt and Rosa had the highest DVR number to the "women can't draw" crowd and some people had 1,000 excuses for it.
I mean I don't get it period lol. It seems like with AEW ratings are suddenly discussed differently to make it appear more favorable.

Pre AEW ratings discussions were about viewership

Post AEW now it's about the key demos, but also you have to think about +3 and +7 DVR, and also don't forget a shit ton of people watch it illegally so that's another few 100k or few million that are totally there.

It's just for me they're doing well. Why are we pulling out ESPN style stats and excuse it to prove points positive or negative.

·
Banned
362 Posts
Neither men or women can draw today, so what does it matter?

No guy has drawn since early/mid 2010's and prior.

No woman has drawn since early 2000's and prior.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
31,588 Posts
I mean I don't get it period lol. It seems like with AEW ratings are suddenly discussed differently to make it appear more favorable.

Pre AEW ratings discussions were about viewership

Post AEW now it's about the key demos, but also you have to think about +3 and +7 DVR, and also don't forget a shit ton of people watch it illegally so that's another few 100k or few million that are totally there.

It's just for me they're doing well. Why are we pulling out ESPN style stats and excuse it to prove points positive or negative.
Yeah, the hoops they jump through are ridiculous, but they have no problem ignoring the many variables for an abnormally positive rating.

·
Baby It's Violence
8,134 Posts

You have no evidence to claim that they would randomly decline in 6 months by 500k+ viewers, even if they don't increase viewership at all. This is just overly negative doom-level predictions.

If they decline which is entirely possible, it would probably be to around 700-800k and would probably stabilize, they have a very dedicated core fanbase, which you wrote entirely about with that Biden post.

·
Banned
14,051 Posts
Nah, it's a reasonable term to describe the deflection that happens when certain fans feel AEW's rating wasn't up to snuff
That was pretty cute. I'll give you 2 points for that one :p

tbh :lol

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Even if they had 300k Mexican fans, all the excuses have to stop. Something else is always on TV and life happens. At some point these 2 things have to stop being used as a safety net. Especially since they generally do good numbers anyway.
Why do you fucking care?? Who cares what someone's reason is for why the ratings are what they are? Why do you get so bent out of shape?

This is such an irritation to me that I have to respond. What about you're day to day that is affected or ruined when someone who, as you say 'make excuses' about a rating for a wrestling show?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Ramadan Excuse will not work at all
let me explain something to people who don't know much about Ramadan
in Ramadan, at the time of the day when Dynamite airs (8pm)
the vast majority of families like to sit together and watch TV
because after a long day of fasting (which ends at sunset), who wants to go out after all the heavy meals and desserts
people who go out in Ramadan, like to do it late at night
because you're supposed to eat one more time before dawn
so staying awake until a very late hour is a normal thing in Ramadan
so if Ramadan were to affect the rating of Dynamite
it should actually increase the ratings with all the family gatherings watching TV

so yeah, here's another Excuse out the window

·
Banned
362 Posts
This is such an irritation to me that I have to respond. What about you're day to day that is affected or ruined when someone who, as you say 'make excuses' about a rating for a wrestling show?
Painting a false narrative and making it seem out of the company's control.

That's why this very thread exists, to discuss ratings and counter false claims.

The Biden excuse was prevalent this week until I disproved it.

·
Registered
28,704 Posts
Why do you fucking care?? Who cares what someone's reason is for why the ratings are what they are? Why do you get so bent out of shape?

It tickles me that my inoffensive posts get you so consistently flustered lol. Saying Dynamite might do lesser numbers because of Cinco De Mayo is an excuse. That's just what it is. You can spin it how you want, but it's an excuse lol.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The Biden excuse was prevalent this week until I disproved it.
dude, Shhh! let them bury their own arguments :)
let them use The Biden excuse
because it would actually be more laughable
imagine 78 years old Zombie Joe Biden is more interesting for the fans than the show geared towards the "young Demo"

·
Registered
28,704 Posts
Why do you fucking care?
Do you know how forums work lol? People discuss and respond to shit. You do realize this, you do understand that's the point of forums right lol. To discuss things and respond to other people's posts. Similar to how you're responding to me through tears of anger, because I dare state my opinion as it is. The excuses from anytime AEW stans think they did a poor rating, are just as goofy and ridiculous as the negative nancy's that swear they're close to death. But no today's Cinco De Mayo pre excuse is dumb and deserves mocking, just like you deserve mocking for being overly emotional.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Do you know how forums work lol? People discuss and respond to shit. You do realize this, you do understand that's the point of forums right lol. To discuss things and respond to other people's posts. Similar to how you're responding to me through tears of anger, because I dare state my opinion as it is. The excuses from anytime AEW stans think they did a poor rating, are just as goofy and ridiculous as the negative nancy's that swear they're close to death. But no today's Cinco De Mayo pre excuse is dumb and deserves mocking, just like you deserve mocking for being overly emotional.
So it's not enough you trying to tell me or others how they should think now you are dictating what my emotions are at this time? Think whatever deluded justification you want to make yourself feel superior over people that don't make it reality. This whole imaginary 'tears of anger' you've conjured up to make you feel better about yourself is just that, imaginary.

Second, I wasn't only asking about Cinco de Mayo, I was asking about every time. Why do you fucking care?

Lastly, This isn't about you having an opinion, this is about you stating;

'If I think it was a bad show then you should think it was a bad show'

'If I did not like a match then you should not like the match'

'If I think a wrestler sucks then you should think the wrestler sucks too.

Just to be clear, this doesn't solely apply to you. Their are many others on this forum this fits.

Having an opinion does not mean that everyone who doesn't share you're view is then 'laughable and ridiculous' and subject to be mocked.

That's the major problem with you and the others. Y 'all trying to tell the rest of us we should like whatever you guys like and hate whatever you hate.

I think for myself. I don't need yours our anybody else's guidance.

I know there are others who would say the same.

7861 - 7880 of 8523 Posts