Wrestling Forum banner

4801 - 4820 of 5353 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
At the end of the day AEW are probably fine for a while costing along with 750k viewers but that's not gonna last forever, TNT is gonna want that to increase sooner rather than later, and the way AEW is going right now I just can't see them getting up into a higher range.
What are you basing that on?? Has TNT indicated they aren't happy with #4 show??

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Well you should know that AEW just simply can't grow and you're ridiculous to think they should be trying to grow according to some lol
Nobody is saying aew shouldn't try to grow or isn't trying to or won't ever grow, but some of the expectations here are unrealistic

·
Registered
27,082 Posts
Only when it's unrealistic
Why do you find it to be unrealistic? Typically speaking among hardcore fans at worst it's seen to be the 2nd best wrestling show that's enjoyable and fan pleasing. It's on at a great time on a widely available channel, and it's wrestling competition is something that is available for replay in the states next day. As I always say they're not doing bad by any objective means. But folk saying they should be aiming for or doing at least a million aren't really asking that much.

Though I do think AEW and especially NXT's ratings performance may be a case study of how what's popular amongst fans like us on boards like this, maybe just maybe don't translate as well as we'd think.

·
12,149 Posts
Why do you find it to be unrealistic? Typically speaking among hardcore fans at worst it's seen to be the 2nd best wrestling show that's enjoyable and fan pleasing. It's on at a great time on a widely available channel, and it's wrestling competition is something that is available for replay in the states next day. As I always say they're not doing bad by any objective means. But folk saying they should be aiming for or doing at least a million aren't really asking that much.

Though I do think AEW and especially NXT's ratings performance may be a case study of how what's popular amongst fans like us on boards like this, maybe just maybe don't translate as well as we'd think.
Im going to just tag you in at this point lol

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
2,920 Posts
What are you basing that on?? Has TNT indicated they aren't happy with #4 show??
I didn't say they weren't happy now, don't put words in my mouth. I said eventually down the line you'd expect TNT to want bigger viewership, and with the current shows they put on I can't see AEW growing their viewership to a steady 900k-1 million weekly.

·
Premium Member
12,237 Posts
Please show me the posts of the daily excuses that WWE fans have. The majority of WWE fans criticize WWE all the time and when they have a shitty rating most fans realize it’s a reflection of the product.

AEW fans are a complete different breed of wrestling fans. Every show is apparently 8/10 but there’s always some magical reason why no ones watching the show. For some reason that magical reason NEVER has anything to do with the lack of quality that the show consistently produces.
You're just full of shit if you really don't think WWE fans have used football and competition as an excuse for YEARS.
You're also full of shit if you keep denying how political drama/competition does impact rating, desperate enough to prove a non-existent point?

Like I said, there's been many bad shows or bad shows follow-up that got in the 700k range, you don't see excuses for it, and go back to the earlier days before the pandemic.
Did you see people making excuses?
If at this point your thick skull can't comprehend that there are stuff out there that can impact ratings besides the quality of the product, there's no point debating a biased AEW fans-hater. I'll tell you this again, try some objectivity.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts

I think I've detailed my reasoning already; viewership pie reduced, wwe audience built over decades.
I don't watch other wrestling other than videos if there's a match or segment everybody is talking about. For some reason there's an Impact reaction show I get recommended & enjoy.
Aew better than wwe when I last watched.

Aew & wwe Wednesday show have disadvantage of going head to head with competition. If we can agree consensus here is Orange Cassidy is trash but by most metrics is most popular performer we'll have something in common.

·
Registered
27,082 Posts
I think I've detailed my reasoning already; viewership pie reduced, wwe audience built over decades.
I don't watch other wrestling other than videos if there's a match or segment everybody is talking about. For some reason there's an Impact reaction show I get recommended & enjoy.
Aew better than wwe when I last watched.

Aew & wwe Wednesday show have disadvantage of going head to head with competition. If we can agree consensus here is Orange Cassidy is trash but by most metrics is most popular performer we'll have something in common.
No, just no. Numbers wise when it comes to AEW what do you think are

Bad:
Sorta Bad:
Solid:
Sorta Good:
Great:

Numbers

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
No, just no. Numbers wise when it comes to AEW what do you think are

Bad:
Sorta Bad:
Solid:
Sorta Good:
Great:

Numbers
You have given wayyyy too many options, @RapShepard . With the AEW diehards, there are only three numbers: “great”, “good”, and/or “ignore it”.

·
Registered
739 Posts

This should not surprise anyone. Orange Cassidy had a match right after and he caused me to turn off Dynamite, and its clear he did the same for many others.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I mean we can argue back and forth what TNT is and would be happy with, but isn't the answer simply in the following:

WarnerMedia has greenlit a second AEW show on one of its platforms (probably TNT or TBS)

That is the most conclusive evidence we have that Warner has pleased with what AEW is delivering. It's relatively cheap for them and is one of their highest rating cable originals.

As for what TNT will or won't be happy with two or three years from now. Correct me if I'm wrong, but is the trend for live/same day TV ratings - sports included - not down, down, down in the USA? So 750k in 2023 may actually be better than 750k in 2021.

4801 - 4820 of 5353 Posts