Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 485 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
RAW did a 1.689 rating this week. Mitigating factors (NFL) but did anyone expect such a small difference in ratings between the two shows after a year? AEW is up against a brand with decades of exposure and history behind it. Whatever people say, it's going well and performing above TNT's expectations.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Honestly though, we are at a literal point where the AEW fans on this website would rather an embarrassing show that pushes troll wrestlers just to get a reaction out of the haters. If AEW didn't have those troll wrestlers, had shorter matches and did a few more of the things we have suggested you guys would watch right? So you guys would watch and the haters would watch and they'd have more of those precious numbers you guys love to twist and explain. Who loses?

Why is wanting a better show a problem for you guys who would watch no matter what anyway? This place confuses the fuck out of me. There's trolls and there's people who really wanted this to be a fucking amazing wrestling show who feel let down that their favourite wrestlers are wrestling midgets and people who can't be bothered training. We don't necessarily want a serious wrestling product but a company that takes itself seriously, a company that is All Elite filled with the best talent and challenging WWE for their top stars and other indie talent, not just sometimes Elite, signing their mates and people who get a giggle out of 50 people at a local show.

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
RAW did a 1.689 rating this week. Mitigating factors (NFL) but did anyone expect such a small difference in ratings between the two shows after a year? AEW is up against a brand with decades of exposure and history behind it. Whatever people say, it's going well and performing above TNT's expectations.
Covid and that 3rd hour have damaged Raw. I mean you look at AEW and they're doing some of their viewership they've ever done in their short existence and was able to keep their heads above water when the pandemic first hit. Same thing with NXT really. Even SD, I mean they just did 2.3 million for last week's show which was their best in months. So every show except Raw feels like it's rebounding or has rebounded.

But with Raw, it feels like having no crowds has accelerated their fall in viewership to the point where I'm not sure how well they'll even rebound even when crowds are back which is still going to take awhile to get them back. Add a 3rd hour and a show that is wildly inconsistent, you get what they're getting right now.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Honestly though, we are at a literal point where the AEW fans on this website would rather an embarrassing show that pushes troll wrestlers just to get a reaction out of the haters. If AEW didn't have those troll wrestlers, had shorter matches and did a few more of the things we have suggested you guys would watch right? So you guys would watch and the haters would watch and they'd have more of those precious numbers you guys love to twist and explain. Who loses?

Why is wanting a better show a problem for you guys who would watch no matter what anyway? This place confuses the fuck out of me. There's trolls and there's people who really wanted this to be a fucking amazing wrestling show who feel let down that their favourite wrestlers are wrestling midgets and people who can't be bothered training. We don't necessarily want a serious wrestling product but a company that takes itself seriously, a company that is All Elite filled with the best talent and challenging WWE for their top stars and other indie talent, not just sometimes Elite, signing their mates and people who get a giggle out of 50 people at a local show.
lmao these guys have such a victim complex.

You Come, shit on the product, shit on 80% of the show, even shit on the booking of the talents you like, pretend you know what you are talking about 100%, wish the company would lose vs its competitor in ratings, spend every miserable second of your lives looking at any minuscule detail to amplify.You can't wait to turn against anything AEW and say they're just like WWE in culture, even if their controversies aren't as NEARLY bad as WWE. You are clearly trolling, you're all either super geeky Cornette cult members, or some desperate dweeb looking to shit on Tony Khan because you're just jealous he has money to do what you dream of. You have been using RETARDED excuses for a year every-time you shit on the product as well.
I've seen you all claim how some talent would make people turn off viewers, and it's been proven WRONG.

Then you little pathetic dweebs' best comebacks "oh these guys insulted us for our opinion", oh stfu you ain't fooling anyone. You turn every success story into "not good enough", you say stupid shit "i saw people claim they will get 2m and they're getting 800k so they suck". you fking dweeb, So were you upset at people who were optimistic for a company and wanted then to succeed, but conventionetly ignore that they were supposed to be getting 400-500k viewers by most analyst, and they are CRUSHING expectations, that's the definition of success.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
lmao these guys have such a victim complex.

You Come, shit on the product, shit on 80% of the show, even shit on the booking of the talents you like, pretend you know what you are talking about 100%, wish the company would lose vs its competitor in ratings, spend every miserable second of your lives looking at any minuscule detail to amplify.You can't wait to turn against anything AEW and say they're just like WWE in culture, even if their controversies aren't as NEARLY bad as WWE. You are clearly trolling, you're all either super geeky Cornette cult members, or some desperate dweeb looking to shit on Tony Khan because you're just jealous he has money to do what you dream of. You have been using RETARDED excuses for a year every-time you shit on the product as well.
I've seen you all claim how some talent would make people turn off viewers, and it's been proven WRONG.

Then you little pathetic dweebs' best comebacks "oh these guys insulted us for our opinion", oh stfu you ain't fooling anyone. You turn every success story into "not good enough", you say stupid shit "i saw people claim they will get 2m and they're getting 800k so they suck". you fking dweeb, So were you upset at people who were optimistic for a company and wanted then to succeed, but conventionetly ignore that they were supposed to be getting 400-500k viewers by most analyst, and they are CRUSHING expectations, that's the definition of success.
- Calls Cornette fans geeks

- Is a huge AEW superfan.

Bruh, I won't touch on the rest because honestly it's all just completely wrong but have you looked at the AEW crowds when they had them? It was geek central and the stereotype of wrestling fans. A favourite story of mine was going to an indy show in December of last year and coming across a morbidly obese man cosplaying as Chris Jericho bragging about how he talked shit to Eric Bischoff (Never happened). He was talking to two guys who were sarcastically hitting him with "Oh really?" and allowing him to rant. I looked at a couple of my buddies and we started laughing at the guy (Not to his face, that'd be mean).

Without question the hardcore AEW fans are the geekiest sets of fans in pro wrestling history at least from my experience which is totally fine but don't use geek or nerd as an insult when you're a very very vocal member of that community. By the way, every guy that had an AEW shirt on that night was at least 15-20 kilos overweight and at the event alone.

What you're doing right now would be like a super vocal Brony saying that the hardcore fans of Star Trek are geeky and desperate dweebs. By the way, I think you'll find that Cornette's fans and regular listeners generally aren't so much geeky but are older (Probably 40+ to be honest).

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
- Calls Cornette fans geeks

- Is a huge AEW superfan.

Bruh, I won't touch on the rest because honestly it's all just completely wrong but have you looked at the AEW crowds when they had them? It was geek central and the stereotype of wrestling fans. A favourite story of mine was going to an indy show in December of last year and coming across a morbidly obese man cosplaying as Chris Jericho bragging about how he talked shit to Eric Bischoff (Never happened). He was talking to two guys who were sarcastically hitting him with "Oh really?" and allowing him to rant. I looked at a couple of my buddies and we started laughing at the guy (Not to his face, that'd be mean).

Without question the hardcore AEW fans are the geekiest sets of fans in pro wrestling history at least from my experience which is totally fine but don't use geek or nerd as an insult when you're a very very vocal member of that community. By the way, every guy that had an AEW shirt on that night was at least 15-20 kilos overweight and at the event alone.

What you're doing right now would be like a super vocal Brony saying that the hardcore fans of Star Trek are geeky and desperate dweebs. By the way, I think you'll find that Cornette's fans and regular listeners generally aren't so much geeky but are older (Probably 40+ to be honest).
FFS read better.

I didn't say Cornette fans, I said his super-fans, as in the losers who take it personal vs Bucks, AEW, and crap over any tiny "not realistic detail". I am a Cornette fans and I've had discussions with people like me, who like Cornette and AEW at the same time. But some of us can see behind what he says and we he means, others use him and don't see behind the curtain because they wana be full edgy haters vs AEW.

most wrestling fans are geeks, I've been to a few shows in my life, most fans are overweight geeks. I don't care, I accepted that wrestling appeals in a lot of degrees to geeks, or just losers. I have yet to meet even a semi-succesfull person in real life who watches wrestling.

You're also someone who takes a very small sample of his life experiance and throw it at this forum as sort of general rule.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
meet = to come into the presence of.

I'm in one of the top 10 Business Schools in Europe and did a year in their South-East Asia campus. I've met hundreds of people. I can mention I watch Wrestling/UFC just to see if anyone else is interested in the sports of fighting. Of course there were UFC fans, but zero wrestling fans. The only other person I knew who watched wrestling was my roomate, told me they've got a date with a local indy pro wrestler, so I gave a few tips and talking point. Roomate eventually became a wrestling fan once they got to know the business like smart fans from hearing about it from a wrestler (they dated for like 1-1.5 years before breaking up).
When I was doing my internship at a large bank in 2019, I told them I want to travel to NY to a few days for WM 35, the people didn't really know what that was but my superiors kind of teased me about and how i'm a fan of wrestling and willing to travel for an event (we had a good relationship so it's all love).
Fair enough, you didn't tell me what defines successful though. Is it top 10 schools in Europe or could successful be something like being a lawyer?

One of my regular fans brings himself and his two kids to my shows usually running in right before the opening match dressed in dress pants and dress shirt because he's just finished working at a local law firm. Not sure what kind of lawyer he is but he loves it and gets into it just as much as his little ones.

Also throughout life I've met Police Officers, Marketers, Nurses, Business Owners, Event Managers, Journalists etc who all love pro wrestling. I've also met a fair few who work jobs you'd expect to be more into wrestling such as truck drivers, security guards, mechanics, retail etc.

One thing I will say, many people at get togethers ask what I do and I always mention wrestling. MANY people always go "Aw wrestling? Fuck yeah I used to love that!" and talk about the old days. "Why don't you watch anymore?" I usually ask. Their response? "I would but it's all gotten so stupid and fake now".

To turn this back on topic, that's why AEW fans will never hit the casuals ever again. They want serious sports style wrestling with dramatic (But realistic) stories. They don't want Marko Stunt flossing or Cassidy beating ass with his hands in his pockets.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Fair enough, you didn't tell me what defines successful though. Is it top 10 schools in Europe or could successful be something like being a lawyer?

One of my regular fans brings himself and his two kids to my shows usually running in right before the opening match dressed in dress pants and dress shirt because he's just finished working at a local law firm. Not sure what kind of lawyer he is but he loves it and gets into it just as much as his little ones.

Also throughout life I've met Police Officers, Marketers, Nurses, Business Owners, Event Managers, Journalists etc who all love pro wrestling. I've also met a fair few who work jobs you'd expect to be more into wrestling such as truck drivers, security guards, mechanics, retail etc.

One thing I will say, many people at get togethers ask what I do and I always mention wrestling. MANY people always go "Aw wrestling? Fuck yeah I used to love that!" and talk about the old days. "Why don't you watch anymore?" I usually ask. Their response? "I would but it's all gotten so stupid and fake now".

To turn this back on topic, that's why AEW fans will never hit the casuals ever again. They want serious sports style wrestling with dramatic (But realistic) stories. They don't want Marko Stunt flossing or Cassidy beating ass with his hands in his pockets.
lol good for you. My definition of success is someone that is doing something selective/hard that not everyone could do, or, someone in a field of work (even if not selective) performing better than their peers and getting regularly promoted (these people are very driven usually and don't watch wrestling).
The "fat neckbeards with goofy shirt" stereotype was on full display for the few shows I attended, and I was like "oh, so, this is what most people think of wrestling fans".
I've learned to accept that. I'm confident in myself enough not let it bother me if someone "teases" me about wrestling. I know there are a lot of successful hardcore fans, but they must be so rare and scattered around the globe.

Your last point.
I don't buy it. Not that you're lying, but I don't believe for one second those people would watch again. Most these "I used to watch people", grew out of wrestling once they realized it was scripted, and felt stupid for watching it.
I bet you even if you present to them a show with 100% realism they will would stop watching within a couple of weeks. It is a lot harder to suspend your disbelief in wrestling for some people.
AEW has a found a new approach for it. It is what it is.

·
rasslin
4,107 Posts
Your last point.
I don't buy it. Not that you're lying, but I don't believe for one second those people would watch again. Most these "I used to watch people", grew out of wrestling once they realized it was scripted, and felt stupid for watching it.
I bet you even if you present to them a show with 100% realism they will would stop watching within a couple of weeks. It is a lot harder to suspend your disbelief in wrestling for some people.
I'm in my late 20's and have never met anyone who believed wrestling was real. I think the era of people believing that wrestling was real is a life time ago. There's still plenty of old wrestling fans who knew it was fake yet found it enjoyable. It was always sort of embarrassing in the attitude era / 90s WCW but they had entertaining acts like Austin, Hogan, Rock, Sting, Kane, HHH and many more to overcome embarrassing booking like Mark Henry and his hand.

I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who watched the attitude era and thought the show was real at any point in their lives and these people would be in their late 20's / early 30's by now, so it's not like these people are 80 year olds who are outside of AEW prestigious demo.

One of the problems with AEW is that the entire show is one big Mark Henry hand segment. It's not just a 5 min little giggle, its the entire 2 hour experience. Attitude era had its comedy but they were in the right place. Everyone loves Al Snow's head joke but no one wanted to see him headline a PPV with a big star for a laugh like OC / Jericho did.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Your last point.
Well, who knows if they genuinely would? I can only go off what they say but the main reason for people tuning out is because of how stupid or fake it's gotten. I'd say that is the reason for at least 75% of the 8-9 million people who have tuned out in the past 20 years.

I still believe in my heart and soul that people want a wrestling show featuring a mix of everything. Heavyweights with incredible physiques fighting over real issues, flashy junior heavyweights who do death-defying stunts, hot girls, compelling stories, good wrestling matches, big stars, occasional extreme violence (Not every week like they do now), unpredictability and yes, even a tiny little sprinkle of comedy.

First promotion to put that recipe together and do it properly will be rewarded with ratings supremacy.

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
I'm in my late 20's and have never met anyone who believed wrestling was real. I think the era of people believing that wrestling was real is a life time ago. There's still plenty of old wrestling fans who knew it was fake yet found it enjoyable. It was always sort of embarrassing in the attitude era / 90s WCW but they had entertaining acts like Austin, Hogan, Rock, Sting, Kane, HHH and many more to overcome embarrassing booking like Mark Henry and his hand.

I think you'd have a hard time finding someone who watched the attitude era and thought the show was real at any point in their lives and these people would be in their late 20's / early 30's by now, so it's not like these people are 80 year olds who are outside of AEW prestigious demo.

One of the problems with AEW is that the entire show is one big Mark Henry hand segment. It's not just a 5 min little giggle, its the entire 2 hour experience. Attitude era had its comedy but they were in the right place. Everyone loves Al Snow's head joke but no one wanted to see him headline a PPV with a big star for a laugh like OC / Jericho did.

Well, who knows if they genuinely would? I can only go off what they say but the main reason for people tuning out is because of how stupid or fake it's gotten. I'd say that is the reason for at least 75% of the 8-9 million people who have tuned out in the past 20 years.

I still believe in my heart and soul that people want a wrestling show featuring a mix of everything. Heavyweights with incredible physiques fighting over real issues, flashy junior heavyweights who do death-defying stunts, hot girls, compelling stories, good wrestling matches, big stars, occasional extreme violence (Not every week like they do now), unpredictability and yes, even a tiny little sprinkle of comedy.

First promotion to put that recipe together and do it properly will be rewarded with ratings supremacy.
The two of you have a hard time accepting that this is not the problem. Explain the immediate decline of ratings post 2001, especially 2002-2004, because they still had the same stars and now WCW stars. Cornette said people wanted to believe Austin was this anti-hero badass, and then he turned heel and everyone was like "oh fuck this yeah he's one of the boys". It's still Stone Cold, there's still Rock, Taker, Kane, Foley. Yet the decline started in any case and there was no stopping it.

You had 2 boom periods in the span of 14 years and now. It's been 19 years without a "boom" period. A lot of the crash TV would not fly today. The over-sexualization of women would not fly today.

And finally, you're all acting ridiculous with this "I want the company to be better", because no you don't. You want to be better YOUR WAY, they have a vision, and they want to work on their vision and make it better.
From the beginning, AEW said they are a buffet, and you have a lot of different segments on the show. They also said they want to appeal to the hardcore fans.

And the difference between pure nitpicky haters and people who want the product to better, are people who are willing to be patient with the company, acknowledge the areas they need to work on to make their vision work. Instead of dooming AEW after a few segments like the oil crap with Nakazawa, you see that they don't it again on TV.

OC is one of the most over wrestlers on the AEW roster, and one of their biggest money makers. He got to work a program with Y2J, got his name out there, and he was elevated. Without a doubt. Instead of crapping on the guy 24/7, how about you acknoledge that the guy is hella impressive with the shit he does, and in this day and age where kayfabe is dead his shit works. Yet, clearly, there is character progression for him, and haters are not willing to give someone that 1- Over 2- Marketable 3- Good athlete because they're triggered.

They should throw an entire Bank at Daniel Bryan to join them nex year.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
meet = to come into the presence of.

I'm in one of the top 10 Business Schools in Europe and did a year in their South-East Asia campus. I've met hundreds of people. I can mention I watch Wrestling/UFC just to see if anyone else is interested in the sports of fighting. Of course there were UFC fans, but zero wrestling fans. The only other person I knew who watched wrestling was my roomate, told me they've got a date with a local indy pro wrestler, so I gave a few tips and talking point. Roomate eventually became a wrestling fan once they got to know the business like smart fans from hearing about it from a wrestler (they dated for like 1-1.5 years before breaking up).
When I was doing my internship at a large bank in 2019, I told them I want to travel to NY to a few days for WM 35, the people didn't really know what that was but my superiors kind of teased me about and how i'm a fan of wrestling and willing to travel for an event (we had a good relationship so it's all love).
Watching people from your window isn't meeting people, weirdo. Weird brag though. I'VE MET PEOPLE I SWEAR!

·
Premium Member
11,456 Posts
Sooooo none of this is true, but nice try. I can't even be bothered disputing this crap anymore. You're literally a fucking AEW dork who idolizes 4 foot tall adults because you relate to them. I can tell why you take this forum so seriously. It's because it's all you have. That's why you pay to use it, so you can show everyone that you left your mums basement once and someone felt so sorry for you that they let you work a few weeks, but it all came tumbling down the moment you had to serve a woman and stuttered throughout and embarrassed yourself. Go fuck yourself, you dork. I was one of those people who were optimistic, I don't "conventionetly" ignore anything. You've mixed a few people together to create one big bad guy. I'm not a Cornette fan at all, most of the time I wouldn't even know what his opinion is on any topic. But unlike some of you I possess the ability to think for myself. You're a joke and after reading that diatribe I'm not surprised you barely comprehend what is written in front of you.
You were saying 'we' you dork. Lmao. nice deflecting with absolute crap of which none is true :ROFLMAO:
I can't believe you're one to talk :LOL: I've been a member of this forum for like 7 years now, and been active on and off, and I'm not a cheapskate and can support companies I use their product on the regular. What an F on your analysis.
You have been active more in the AEW section just to shit on the product, how pathetic are you? ;) Just absolutely ignorant, pathetic and petty. Watch the show, complain, shit on people for enjoying a company succeed in a modern way because i'm a miserable pathetic loser, repeat.
low-life hater who is jealous of others success' because they don't do things you way.

61 - 80 of 485 Posts