Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 484 Posts

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,243 Posts
I’m thinking people wanting to see Miro will make up for some of the NXT slack. For some WWE fans, It’s either watch NXT live or watch “Rusev” on Dynamite who they used to watch on RAW. Some will pick AEW. They are also promoting a really strong card after a really good 8/10 promo heavy show last week. I’m predicting they hold strong at a little over 1 million even with NXT being on the same night.

·
C Mac G
6,408 Posts
The main event for Dynamite is Santana/Ortiz Vs. BF in the Parking Lot Fight, just don't know how much of a draw that'll be.

Could see them back down to high 700K, as long as they are above a .3 in the demo it's fine

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The main event for Dynamite is Santana/Ortiz Vs. BF in the Parking Lot Fight, just don't know how much of a draw that'll be.

Could see them back down to high 700K, as long as they are above a .3 in the demo it's fine
I definitely expect high 700s. I hope AEW fans enjoyed getting to be King of their Mountains this last week because Thursday is going to be brutal for us!!

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
Even with NXT competition back I'll still have them around 900-920k. I preface this again by saying I am awful at predicting these things.

·
Registered
919 Posts

NXT have been blowing their load for months with world title changes, heel turns, cameos and wrestling heavy gimmick matches. Barring call-up's fom Raw, They are running out of road compared to AEW, which has done a slow burn towards The Elite break up and booked stories and characters conservatively. A Parking Lot Fight has the potential to attract those 150,000 18-34 casuals who prefer a bit of sports entertainment with a 2020's indie vibe. Hence Cassidy, Janela and Kiss, Bucks vs Butcher and Blade doing strong quarter hour numbers.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
NXT have been blowing their load for months with world title changes, heel turns, cameos and wrestling heavy gimmick matches. Barring call-up's fom Raw, They are running out of road compared to AEW, which has done a slow burn towards The Elite break up and booked stories and characters conservatively. A Parking Lot Fight has the potential to attract those 150,000 18-34 casuals who prefer a bit of sports entertainment with a 2020's indie vibe. Hence Cassidy, Janela and Kiss, Bucks vs Butcher and Blade doing strong quarter hour numbers.
Why not build Janela and Kiss up for a tag title run then?

·
Registered
12,431 Posts
Miro and Sabian will have a mic segment. I assume that will be to set up Miro's first match, probably next week in a tag match with Sabian against somebody who interrupts them on Wednesday. Will be interesting as Sabian was a heel, but Miro will be treated as a face by the fans. So probably Silver/Reynolds or maybe The Hybrid 2 seem most likely. SCu would have been a possibility in a straight up sportsman-like challenge but Kaz is wrestling Hangman.

·
Registered
121 Posts
fingers crossed for another 1 million again this week
hard but doable if they step up their game and didn't show any cringeworthy segments

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
11,243 Posts
hard but doable if they step up their game and didn't show any cringeworthy segments
Janela and Kiss last week were as cringe as you can get but they still got a high cable viewership and demo. You never know what people want to see and when they want to see it.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Mathematically impossible with NXT back. Even without NXT, AEW tends to valley after peaks. Smackdown is the only show consistently growing every week in the last month. Roman factor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Mathematically impossible with NXT back. Even without NXT, AEW tends to valley after peaks. Smackdown is the only show consistently growing every week in the last month. Roman factor.
it's not impossible since NXT has their own 600000 fans that don't watch AEW anyway
if the other 250000 chose AEW then it's doable

41 - 60 of 484 Posts