Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1601 - 1620 of 5275 Posts

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Re: Would ratings go up if NXT was to be cancelled?

Which honestly weird, just 2m people tuning out of wrestling like that.
No more monday night wars? k bye.
It's not that weird. The Monday Night Wars were really "us against them". It would be like a Yankees fan becoming a Red Sox fan if the Yankees were disbanded.

They had the same fans,who were switching channels?
Yeah. That would be a big chunk of it too.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts

Don't think they would, might be a slight upward motion in ratings but I think the fans watching NXT are their die hard fans who only watch NXT or are only WWE watchers. I don't think it would make a slight bit of difference for AEW if NXT wasn't on Wednesday.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts

NXT probably won't be cancelled, but with Vince in charge, it's shows will continue to be lackluster like the last few were.

Vince has far more control over NXT now and HHH has less. The non-finish in the main event for their USA debut is an example of a Vince decision. Those types of finishes are right up his alley.

I think AEW will easily beat NXT until someone removed Vince from having direct control or is able toconvince him to step aside.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Open seats left for Pittsburg - seems like 70% sold? On a 10k seater arena

With walk-ups, should do 85% ish?

That’s not bad at all - no scalper talk as well

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts

I'm guessing a lot of those center lower level seats are not sold because they were platinum before, the same thing happened in Boston.

·
Registered
5,079 Posts

Who knows, WWF numbers certainly didn't go up when WCW got cancelled and that's the only real reference point for a situation like this.
I remember a neighbour that was a full on fan boy and when WCW went under he just stopped watching wrestling, didn't bother with WWF lol

·
Premium Member
44,019 Posts

Possibly.

How much of NXT's audience tune into the AEW replay immediately after?

Fuck, is that way NXT shows have an overrun? To discourage watching the AEW replay?

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
I'm guessing a lot of those center lower level seats are not sold because they were platinum before, the same thing happened in Boston.
Why would they then not be on sale again as normal? Or do they stay platinum and empty?

What are you thinking - 6k -8k?

·
Registered
7,556 Posts

The two sections on the bottom left should not be open, I think it's a mistake because those are really bad seats (the view is bad)

I think the setup will be for 8128 seats and there is 1670 seats left.

·
Registered
12,449 Posts

Which honestly weird, just 2m people tuning out of wrestling like that.
No more monday night wars? k bye.
It's because WCW was a uniquely Southern brand of wrestling that was kind of part of a "Southern identity" thing. It was their product that happened to blow up and go international, so there was always going to be a loyalty to WCW/NWA because of that. I mean, there's even proof of that when Vince bought Georgia Championship Wrestling so he could air WWF on Saturday's on TBS. That ended up being a ratings disaster and fans writing in wanting NWA wrestling, which ended up forcing Vince to sell to Jim Crockett.

While yes, both WWF and WCW were pro wrestling, they were pretty different in the way they presented their brands of wrestling. WCW was more about the in ring product, while the WWF was about the characters and promos. They were different styles that didn't appeal to everyone, so its not really a surprise that WCW fans didn't rush over to the WWF.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
The two sections on the bottom left should not be open, I think it's a mistake because those are really bad seats (the view is bad)

I think the setup will be for 8128 seats and there is 1670 seats left.
Ah, you’re right for bottom left

So, 80% sold - guessing 90% when all is said and done with walkups and last minute promotions

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Ah, you’re right for bottom left

So, 80% sold - guessing 90% when all is said and done with walkups and last minute promotions
Well normally those sections were supposed to be open if we look at the sitting chart on aew tix.

But i think they're not going to open those sections.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Just curious does anyone have the #s for the Dynamite replay that happens right after the show on Wednesday nights?

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
Why would they then not be on sale again as normal? Or do they stay platinum and empty?

What are you thinking - 6k -8k?
Thats what happens if they dont sell for the inflated prices, they go down in price as the event nears then revert back to standard prices, just checked and they are standard tickets now. It doesn't really matter how many they get at this point, they have sold more than enough tickets that it will look good on tv, they can move people into those areas to fill in the tv side. They are already doing well when compared to WWE which averages 5k for all domestic shows. IDK what raw alone averages though, that average includes house shows.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
Just curious does anyone have the #s for the Dynamite replay that happens right after the show on Wednesday nights?
No, we only got those numbers the first week because it had a big enough audience that it was in the top 150 shows on cable that day. That's all that is made publicly available.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts
Well normally those sections were supposed to be open if we look at the sitting chart on aew tix.

But i think they're not going to open those sections.
yep, those sections were open for Boston, but at the show, they were tarped off. The hardcam section is not open at all too.

If anyone is in Pittsburgh check TM over the next few days, I was able to upgrade my ticket literally a half-hour before the show when a 3rd-row seat popped up, standard ticket. I was able to upgrade from my ticket in the stands, paid under $30 difference which includes a $10 upgrade fee. The price difference is not much since the TM fees are the same.

1601 - 1620 of 5275 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.