Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 4256 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Re: AEW PPV sales already declining.

No Moxley at AO.

He is the draw.
fwiw I think looking at these numbers atm is stupid but Moxley wasn't advertised for the DoN so that's hardly a reason to explain the decline.

·
None. More. Hated.
4,581 Posts

I agree, I bought it to watch Moxley.

When he pulled out my interest plummeted. Luckily the ME saved the show.
Omega vs. Pac was alright. The cracker barrel match was fucking embarassing and I was embarrassed watching it. The womens match sucked, no one cared. The tag match sucked worse, no one cared even more. Cody vs. Spears was alright but by far the weakest of Codys smoke and mirror spectacle filled PPV matches, People blowing loads over Arn when WWE did that same spot 17 years ago. Like yay. The ladder match was great for what it was and the ME was good, but not great, mainly because no one in the crowd bought Page as a world title level competitor, and nor should they.

·
Registered
195 Posts

Fans that seem so much more invested in 'Ratings' & 'Buys' rather than focus on Characters and story lines, are everything wrong with Wrestling fans today. I've been watching since around 1990/91 and at not a single point have I ever been concerned about that side of things. As long as companies have good stories and characters to keep me interested, that's all i need. Fuck the numbers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
AEW marketing problems.

With the dire news of AEW ratings not picking up and tickets declines,one must think is AEW not doing well already.

Why that might be lack of media exposure & not good firm marketing.

AEW is going too have do a lot of thing just too get over with people.

But with WWE not that popular nowadays is wrestling in a downward spiral.

Unlike the days of WWE Raw vs WCW Nitro and you had ECW as a alternative.

WNW could be forgettable and not worth NXT will win but won’t get big ratings.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

Why do I get the feeling that the OP illegally streams All Out, and then came onto the internet to mock lower buy rates of the show?

·
Registered
966 Posts

The fact that anyone actually buys traditional PPVs anymore is almost as laughable as people thinking that is a legitimate way to judge a companies worth.

You can make that argument for WWE because of the network, but there is no AEW network. PPV buys are a large (and only atm) part of their revenue, which directly contributes to their worth. Losing 10% of your audience in a few months is a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,852 Posts

You can make that argument for WWE because of the network, but there is no AEW network. PPV buys are a large (and only atm) part of their revenue, which directly contributes to their worth. Losing 10% of your audience in a few months is a huge deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They lost 10% on PPV but gain more on FiteTV, ITV and B/R Live.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Re: AEW marketing problems.

people making it sound like things are crumbling down never make me lol enough :lol
yeah they just did 110k buys ( per Meltzer) for their latest ppv but sure "omg its the end of the world"
the instant sellout were always going to stop, do folks even realize one year from now a non wwe company selling 7000 seats was a literally seen as impossible?
they will grow and have a lot of leeway to work with, the crazy expectations are hilarious, I have seen people say they could do 3.2 million viewers :lol gezus

over than that I agree they will have to do a lot to get over with people, thats what every fucking start up company in the world has to face.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,349 Posts

Numbers are no problem. They have got these buys without TV. Think about how impressive that is.

Generally I think you make a good point about marketing though. They say they are "the alternative", but I'm not sure what this means.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts

‘The dire news’

geeeeez, hyperbole much?

Their movement has mostly been online, and that will just grow

We’ll see what happens once tv starts - i think we’re still looking at sell-outs or near sell-outs for the forseeable future - just not within the hour.

Might take days or weeks now. But 80% average capacity per event for sure IMO

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #39

Smh. You deserve what you get I guess. Three guys that look like they sat alone at lunch in school giving each other fake papercuts. So edgy.
LOOK OUT!!! DIFFERENT TASTES! RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNN!! :hutz

21 - 40 of 4256 Posts