Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
3941 - 3960 of 5275 Posts

·
Lets go to the old mill anyway, get some cider!
15,626 Posts
How many of them were on or advertised this Wednesday? Lol. Face it, AEW put on a disappointing show and got its butt kicked. They aint dead or anything, but the trend aint good.
They were the focal point of the ENTIRE Survivor Series show. They should have crushed them. They have the entire WWE machine behind them and that's what it took to beat AEW a few times. Bravo.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,276 Posts
They were the focal point of the ENTIRE Survivor Series show. They should have crushed them. They have the entire WWE machine behind them and that's what it took to beat AEW a few times. Bravo.
So are you willing to admit AEW completely shit the bed last week or attribute it all to Rollins and Lynch who weren't even there LOL

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
I guess in a way and In fairness it was a holidays but still that it's a rather scary number let's just hope that it goes up this week

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I’m surprised they went below 700k and I’m surprised they lost so big to NXT given how bad Raw and SD’s numbers were. But, it’s too early to panic. It is an odd time of year for ratings and therefore pretty hard to really get a clear picture for something so new as AEW. January and forward is where it will really be time to pay attention. I like what AEW is doing for the most part. I do think one unforgivable mistake was the follow up to MJF / Cody. I’m dumbfounded that they didn’t strike while the iron was hot there.

·
Registered
16,006 Posts
I’m surprised they went below 700k and I’m surprised they lost so big to NXT given how bad Raw and SD’s numbers were. But, it’s too early to panic. It is an odd time of year for ratings and therefore pretty hard to really get a clear picture for something so new as AEW. January and forward is where it will really be time to pay attention. I like what AEW is doing for the most part. I do think one unforgivable mistake was the follow up to MJF / Cody. I’m dumbfounded that they didn’t strike while the iron was hot there.
Exactly wtf is with stupid butcher blade and bunny with a random Cody attack. Should have clearly been some sort of progress with MJF!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
When do they really start to panic? Also, dont they have a fixed 2 or 3 year deal that assures them whatever the ratings TNT will keep them? Maybe theyll need to start sooner than NXT or After? Lol

Maybe if ratings fall to 500,000 viewers range and don't increase for months . Remember AEW had been doing way above expectations for a new company. I'm sure TNT never thought they would come close to 1 to 1.4 million viewers.

IMO lack of having ppv to build to with all these shows having very little stakes or storylines is hurting the show. Everything is just random matches and has no stakes. The show was doing well with like build to Full Gear/Tag Tourament etc. Then fall out from Full Gear show. The last two weeks has been pointless stuff. They need to start to build to something and start some heated feuds.

If it's me I start building a ppv like card or feuds for the Bash at the Beach shows. Then follow that with build to next ppv. Having everything in limbo and trying to drag out starting MJF/Cody or Moxley/Jericho feuds etc is causing people to lose interest. Especially when NXT has guys from Raw on or fall out from ppv where NXT was made to look like a big deal.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I really hate to say it, but the show is over folks. They've lost over half of their audience since their debut and took a crushing loss to NXT. Instead of trying to fill out their roster with actual professional wrestling, they filled it out with Codys friends and a bunch of goofy spot monkeys. They had a chance to do something special but they blew it. Look at NWAs roster, a ton of good talkers and workers who look like wrestlers, they should have gone after those guys. They should have tried to sign or buy out the contracts of guys like Brian Cage, Jacob Fatu, Tessa Blanchard, Killer Kross, Tom Lawlor, etc. But nah, they filled their roster out with guys like Joey Janella, Jimmy Havok, Marko Stunt, guys like that. What a fucking shame with the kind of momentum they had going into all of this that they crashed and burned, it didn't need to be this. This is on Cody and the Bucks for bullshitting around and Tony Khan for being a money mark with no vision.
You're opinion is irrelevant to me. I will continue to support and give my attention to what interests and entertains me. Whether I am one or one of thousands, It don't matter to me.

What are you going to do about it to stop me?

Nothing.

·
Registered
637 Posts
So are you willing to admit AEW completely shit the bed last week or attribute it all to Rollins and Lynch who weren't even there LOL
Why are you so obsessed with someone who is for AEW to admit that what they are watching sucks? What do you get out of it? Some personal pleasure?

That's it. Isn't it?

You have not been able to orgasm for weeks now and it is to the point now where you desperately need to hear those words from some faithful about how AEW sucks so you can finally release all this built up pressure in your loins and feel an ecstasy you have not felt before in your life.

That's what it has to be right? Otherwise who spends their time and energy on something they dislike? So it's gotta be that. No other answer.

Well, can I give you some advice? I would make the call to the emergency room because you are going to need their help with this 'problem' because NO ONE who is AEW is going to EVER going to give you your ecstasy.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
It was a garbage ass show they deserve the low rating. It feels like AEW has no plans going just the elite winging shit against the wall.

The divisions they have are dead. They have zero midcard going on 3 months later. They do zero follow up on feuds or storylines week to week. Its all random shit.

Butcher and blade was the dumbest shit ever. Where was MJF is he over Cody already , why turn heel with a big mexican dude?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
But to me that says they gave the wider audience a taste of the NXT roster and those people liked it.

And AEW’s main roster has been on display every Wednesday. It’s not like they’ve been held back.

We’ll see what happens here over time, but it’s not impossible to make the case that NXT as found a pretty steady audience while AEW’s has mostly trended downhill, and that people who have tried NXT like it while a smaller percentage of people who have checked out AEW have enjoyed it.

·
None. More. Hated.
5,276 Posts
Why are you so obsessed with someone who is for AEW to admit that what they are watching sucks? What do you get out of it? Some personal pleasure?

That's it. Isn't it?

You have not been able to orgasm for weeks now and it is to the point now where you desperately need to hear those words from some faithful about how AEW sucks so you can finally release all this built up pressure in your loins and feel an ecstasy you have not felt before in your life.

That's what it has to be right? Otherwise who spends their time and energy on something they dislike? So it's gotta be that. No other answer.

Well, can I give you some advice? I would make the call to the emergency room because you are going to need their help with this 'problem' because NO ONE who is AEW is going to EVER going to give you your ecstasy.
No idea what youre talking about. AEW has put on good shows. I literally said one of their shows was the best wrestling show I've seen in years. But the supermarks who worship everything they do do need to make a concession that they need to change some things. Just going.."OH WWE USED BECKY AND ROLLINS THIS DOESNT COUNT BOOOO" is not the right reaction to this.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I mean, it's not surprising. AEW aren't going to catch up to WWE - WWE are going to fall down to AEW's numbers. Wrestling is on its deathbed, and this show that prioritises indy-esque wrestling isn't going to change that.

3941 - 3960 of 5275 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.