Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2721 - 2740 of 5275 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Re: AEW Tarp-amite is in Full Effect Now

Except WWE has been shitting the bed on live attendance for a whole fucking lot longer than AEW has even been a thing. But let’s not let that get in the way of a good brand bashing.
Brand bashing?

Jesus Christ. I'm talking about how people aren't just being massive hypocrites like usual. Its only fair that AEW is criticised for the same things that other companies are criticised for, that's fair. Its not brand bashing.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

Well it's expected eventually the sell outs would stop. But some of you have to accept that when the company, blogs, and fans makes selling out arenas such a big deal it's going to become an even bigger deal when they don't sell out. You can't bump your just when they succeed, then scream foul when people point out their stumbles. They're still in no danger, but they're going to be prodded.
They made a big deal out of it because it was an actual big deal. It is 2019 and a non WWE show sold out a large arena in a half an hour. WWE has dominated the game for 18 years. What they did shouldn't have happened but it did and they have every right to be proud of it. Of course there are WWE stans who only want WWE to be successful and not deal with competition threatening that and people who say they are wrestling fans but do nothing but shit all over everything about wrestling because they have been so jaded that they want to nit pick at every single thing so you are just as miserable as they are.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts

Interestingly AEW fans say WWE is dying after they drove fans away for the last 15 years. But it is fine if the fanbase which AEW was expecting (honestly why would you go for such a venue) is not interested and it is just a startup and so on, when they were selling out the first shows in hours? And if I remember correctly this was the Rhodes home show (they mentioned it couple times during the show).

So to sum this up, what WWE took 15 years just took AEW 6 weeks? This is the key point to see here, right?

Honestly this for me is the biggest issue with AEW, they are expecting too much. TNT may be fine with the numbers and whoever else, but AEW itself should change things soon. Going for smaller arenas is the first step. And I still see people making fun of lowered ticket sales for WWE when they do more than 4 times the shows and still have an average of 4.400 per event. AEW couldnt even keep the hype going for more than 5 weeks?!
People make fun of WWE ticket sales because those poor sales are the result of poor management. They don't have the age of the brand as an excuse and one can easily argue that the bad decisions of one man is responsible for wrestling's slow decline after the death of WCW.

Talking about AEW along those lines would be silly because AEW is new and must build an audience. Failing to build an audience is much different than loses one you've already had.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Can we go the thread title and OP are both clearly worded in a baiting fashion?
And? The Tarp threads were baiting when they were in the WWE sections. AEW is major and it's going to get everything from harsh criticism to out right trolling it just is what it is.
Just reporting info. Not my fault if the facts hurt people’s feelings. Anything ‘negative’ in someone’s eyes can be ‘baiting’ if a person wants to live their life painting that narrative.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts

Interestingly AEW fans say WWE is dying after they drove fans away for the last 15 years. But it is fine if the fanbase which AEW was expecting (honestly why would you go for such a venue) is not interested and it is just a startup and so on, when they were selling out the first shows in hours? And if I remember correctly this was the Rhodes home show (they mentioned it couple times during the show).

So to sum this up, what WWE took 15 years just took AEW 6 weeks? This is the key point to see here, right?

Honestly this for me is the biggest issue with AEW, they are expecting too much. TNT may be fine with the numbers and whoever else, but AEW itself should change things soon. Going for smaller arenas is the first step. And I still see people making fun of lowered ticket sales for WWE when they do more than 4 times the shows and still have an average of 4.400 per event. AEW couldnt even keep the hype going for more than 5 weeks?!
LOL, wwe is losing money on their house shows so I don't think its a brag to say they do so many more shows. Just because you rent out a space doesn't mean you have to sell it out to make a profit. Very few acts go and sell out every place they go to yet there are tons of tours out there. AEW is currently averaging around 7,400 in paid attendance for Dynamite, if people think that's bad IDK what they are expecting AEW to be, it's a brand new company. WWE has legit sell-outs but a few times a year, for instance, Summerslam, sometimes Wrestlemania but its a huge stadium so let's give it a pass, and the Royal Rumble when it's not in a stadium. Survivor Series isn't even sold out yet nor has NXT Takeovers been selling out. AEW an upstart company that did not exist last year has had 5 legit sellouts this year already. Anyone thinking they would keep that up weekly is just looking for something to shit on. The only time WWE had lots of sellouts was during the height of the attitude era.

WWE with all that extra viewership is right now bringing in similar numbers to their RAW and SDL live tv tapings as AEW. If someone has the numbers they can share it would be interesting to see RAW and SDL, but as you stated last quarter, North American paid attendance for all shows, PPV, RAW, SDL, and house shows was 4,400 which was a drop from last year even though they ran 20 fewer house shows this year. So RAW and SDL attendance had greater weight in that number. That tells you AEW is doing just fine with a smaller, but very passionate fanbase.

·
Best Post Machine
566 Posts

Brand bashing?

Jesus Christ. I'm talking about how people aren't just being massive hypocrites like usual. Its only fair that AEW is criticised for the same things that other companies are criticised for, that's fair. Its not brand bashing.
K. You've had your say.

We'll take the 5,000 excited fans that don't chant WHAT. We're satisfied with that.

Is it clear now? Or is 'fair' defined as making the same point over and over and over again?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts

Lets be real, most of us wrestling fans are dumbasses who always had some unbelievable unrealistic expectations when it comes to our product. Pro wrestling is dead, no matter how good AEW is doing it will remain the same. Your average normie doesnt give a fuck about wrestling, especially a new promotion with barely known guys.

Around 900k/1M raitings and small arenas is fine as long as they keep delivering good stuff. Just be grateful for having an alternative.

·
Registered
8,640 Posts
Whats the big deal. They sold probably 65 percent of the venue, to me anything they are doing now has been a huge success. This company is going to have lots of pocket shows not sold out or soem citties will be bad some be good

I still dont get why the expectations are that this company should be selling out and selling the size they try to be. They got a long way go go to become a recognized name. I talk about the promotion to people all the time and no one knows who they are.

Its a problem for wwe because wwe has had a standard for years has bah a level of popularity for years. And the fact that they are in a decline is a problem. This company has a battle to gain viewers from the start like every other promotion. Wwe has had a battle to maintain viewers. Its different

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Brandi and the dark order single handedly tanked the ratings.
Repackaged dark order and brandi needs to fuck off tv period.
The positive is that Dave said their lost viewers didnt go to nxt, they have the fanbase. The show started at 970k. So that is the viewership they have, some shit on the show simply didnt fly with people and that's brandi cutler and dark order, the damage they did is astronomical

·
Registered
20,848 Posts

They made a big deal out of it because it was an actual big deal. It is 2019 and a non WWE show sold out a large arena in a half an hour. WWE has dominated the game for 18 years. What they did shouldn't have happened but it did and they have every right to be proud of it. Of course there are WWE stans who only want WWE to be successful and not deal with competition threatening that and people who say they are wrestling fans but do nothing but shit all over everything about wrestling because they have been so jaded that they want to nit pick at every single thing so you are just as miserable as they are.
It certainly was a big deal and monumental event, not denying that. The thing is though when you make things like numbers which will fluctuate such a talking point, you're ensuring they'll be a talking point when they're not so impressive.

And the thing is the folk doing most of the harsh criticism aren't WWE fans either. The majority of the folk this section seem to dislike talk the exact same shit in the WWE section, but nobody cares their because shitting on WWE deserved or undeserved is seen as acceptable. A lot of the harsher critics of AEW and hate watchers have made it clear that a lot of their problems with AEW is it's too similar to WWE in match style and lack of story's they like. But folk miss that.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Brand bashing?

K. You've had your say.

We'll take the 5,000 excited fans that don't chant WHAT. We're satisfied with that.

Is it clear now? Or is 'fair' defined as making the same point over and over and over again?
Delete what.exe
Run clap, clap, clap clap clap.exe
Run youdeserveit.exe
Enter

It’s apples and oranges the chants and doesn’t make a fan base any more or less passionate.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
They sold out some places, and they didn't sell out one and the usual trolls are all out with their threads acting like it's a disaster. Silly thread started by Silly so called wrestling fans wanting a company to fail. End off.

Tell me OP, oh wait I put you on ignore. Tell me when WWE had a crowd as hot as the one on Wednesday. It's been a long time.
you mean to tell me they were going to sellout every single arenas?!
And lol at the wwe comparison, it's like comparing Starbucks to my 6 weeks old coffee shop. Some E drones are really butthurt that their little shiny company get criticised for drawing shit despite 20 years of monopoly:lol

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts

K. You've had your say.

Its not clear, clearly. Because people such as yourself cant look past someone saying something remotely negative about AEW.

I'm not even taking a shot at AEW here. I even said in my original post that there's valid reasons to AEW needing tarp; its new and Pro Wrestling is dead.

So again, and bolded and underlined. Its fair to treat them the same and level the same critiques at them instead of ignoring when the smark favourite has the same issue as others do.

·
STEVALD
4,053 Posts

Why the attacks I’m just reporting info?
Sure you were here for a civil discussion with a thread title like that. :kobe

Nick Jackson already spoke about how they were prepared for this in one of the interviews leading into the premiere. They always expected the sales to take a hit at some point after all the initial sellouts. And honestly, that's just the state of the business right now. Plus they're a new product.

The fact that the NC crowd was still the hottest they've been for a wrestling show in recent memory makes up for it though.

·
Best Post Machine
566 Posts

So again, and bolded and underlined. Its fair to treat them the same and level the same critiques at them instead of ignoring when the smark favourite has the same issue as others do.
Again, bold and underlined.

We heard you. You've said it 5 times. You can go back to your bingo hall and cuck storylines now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
In hindsight they probably needed like half a dozen more legit stars. If they had this roster + Punk, Bryan, Styles, Osprey, Okada then they'd be the best promotion in the world.

But now WWE's 5 year deals and the other promotions not cooperating is hurting everyone immensely.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
The thought process and habits of the AEW fanbase is pretty clear by now.

They will watch everything Jon Moxley does on TV, they will watch most of the things Jericho does on TV, and they will check out Jon Moxley videos on YouTube. That's it. Beyond that, no one gives a shit about anything. Guys like Cody, Omega, Page, Pac, Darby Allin, etc., are drawing zero interest, and no one has got any time for them.

·
Registered
637 Posts

No. That tweet doesn't not deserve attention and does not bring up a valid point. There is no 'fair is fair' argument because the scale both promotions are being graded on isn't fair to begin with.

WWE shows suck. The people that pay to attend don't even give a shit and mostly play on their phones or are silent during nearly the entire show, barring a few moments for Superstars or segments. Not the case for AEW, everyone paying to see the show want's to be there and they are loud and active the whole time.

2721 - 2740 of 5275 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.