Wrestling Forum banner

1501 - 1520 of 1556 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Fucking SCU sucks, man. Ratings killer.
There is something not clicking with them, I’ll give you that.

Personally, I think it’s their gimmick. I hate to say it, no one but Southern Californians care about Southern California.

The heel tactics show promise.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Ok this for me at least has nothing to do with a wrestling show from the 90s, but thanks for explaining, even with me not agreeing :)
For me, its more to do with the fact that for a change, I want the heels to be beat and have their come uppance..unlike the regular WWE status quo where the baby faces are not only booked with these goofy stuffs but they also beat the heels so much that everyone cheers the heels instead.. Nothing to do with the 90's though but it does remind me of the times when we used to look forward to what happens next even if its for a selective set of feuds..

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
There is something not clicking with them, I’ll give you that.

Personally, I think it’s their gimmick. I hate to say it, no one but Southern Californians care about Southern California.

The heel tactics show promise.
their whole gimmick is heel - they should just revert to ‘this is the worst town’ bit - but really lean into it - get heat

·
Registered
992 Posts
For me, its more to do with the fact that for a change, I want the heels to be beat and have their come uppance..unlike the regular WWE status quo where the baby faces are not only booked with these goofy stuffs but they also beat the heels so much that everyone cheers the heels instead.. Nothing to do with the 90's though but it does remind me of the times when we used to look forward to what happens next even if its for a selective set of feuds..
Good point, that is definitelly a positive at the moment. But with just 16 weeks of tv in it is easy. They will get to the point where it is hard to give the people what they want ;)

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Good point, that is definitelly a positive at the moment. But with just 16 weeks of tv in it is easy. They will get to the point where it is hard to give the people what they want ;)
They seem to book long term and are playing to everyone's strengths.. And they have the right people building the feuds for now...Hell they seem to get people who many in this forum deem as trash over..As long as they dont go WWE way (deciding who should be a star and bull dozing fan opinion, like maybe Cody and Young bucks having a reign of terror ala Triple H) it should be fine for them at least in the near future... I mean think about the arrogant stuff WWE has done .. Interviews like we are giving fans what they want, its just that the rules of heel and faces have changed now a days..and the fans boo who they want to cheer and cheer who they want to boo etc... Vince has done quite the job that its quite surprising fans are still in the 2 million mark..

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
The problem is if someone isn't watching then how will they know that it is a great show? I think you'll find that the number of people who actually flick from one show to the other every segment is actually a very small number. What you need is an act that draws everyone in and then the great show around that segment/act can help keep them. I'm no expert but it just seems like common sense to me. I also imagine the impact of a great show would probably be more apparent the week after.
This is a great point. People's whose insight I trust have theorized that there are about 1.5-1.7 million smarks who will watch wrestling regardless of how good or bad it is, and that number is not going to change.

I'm actually an optimist and think that good wrestling could do better, but some people are pretty certain that the needle is not going to move.

Disappointing number for one of the most flawless episodes of pro wrestling I've ever seen. Just 2 hours of complete logical entertainment, you don't see that nowadays.

Ratings will come.
Well, I can tell that you're a modern era fan.

McDonald’s is on top because they were first. The got the ball rolling on brand awareness before anyone else and could only do so because they were the first to use an innovative production and franchising model.

Saying AEW should look to RAW because of the ratings is ironic because WWE would have never done that in its early stages.
Not true. Plenty of businesses start-up and do well. This is common sense. What a ridiculous point.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Not true. Plenty of businesses start-up and do well. This is common sense. What a ridiculous point.
You didn’t say “do well.” You said become the market leader. Those are different things entirely. AEW is already doing well.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't think DON is going to sell out, well it does not look like it.
If Revolution sold out, so will this. This is supposed to be a much bigger event.

If not today, then definitely after fans get a better picture of what the main event will be.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I edited my post to reflect that.

Even if it's not an instant sell out, they will sell the building out once the direction of the card becomes clear.
In my original post i was only talking about DON not selling out today, of course it's going to be a sell out in the end.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
You didn’t say “do well.” You said become the market leader. Those are different things entirely. AEW is already doing well.
No I didn't. I said if their goal is to sell the most burgers (this could be taken to be either the market leader or just the most possible), or carve out their own niche. You've just made this fucking up.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
No I didn't. I said if their goal is to sell the most burgers (this could be taken to be either the market leader or just the most possible), or carve out their own niche. You've just made this fucking up.
McDonalds was brought up for being on the top of the market despite its quality (What am I suppose to think “selling the most burgers” means in that context?)

Anyway my point is looking to the market leader as a way to sell more product isn’t the greatest idea because most of the time the market leader became the leader in circumstances outside of current market conditions which they themselves influenced.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
McDonalds was brought up for being on the top of the market despite its quality (What am I suppose to think “selling the most burgers” means in that context?)

Anyway my point is looking to the market leader as a way to sell more product isn’t the greatest idea because most of the time the market leader became the leader in circumstances outside of current market conditions which they themselves influenced.
Gee, I dunno, that they are trying to sell the most burgers possible for them? Your inability to comprehend explains a lot.

Your point about looking to the market leader is silly. There is always something to learn. You may not be able to replicate everything, but that was nobody's point.

By your logic, McDonald's would be the only global fast food chain, or the only one that sold burgers. Neither of these is correct. Pack up.

1501 - 1520 of 1556 Posts