Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6497 Posts

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
You really think they’ll last the decade? High hopes man.

I reckon they’ll shut up after tonight. Let’s be real about it. We got midgets all over the show. Ricoch...Musta....uh
I mean The Dude said that because of the women matches everybody tuned out.

A quarter at 0 is going to hurt the rating

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Someone on another forum pointed out to me that the AEW TV ratings are closer to TNA on Destination America than they are to either Raw or SmackDown.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Someone on another forum pointed out to me that the AEW TV ratings are closer to TNA on Destination America than they are to either Raw or SmackDown.
TNA did between 340,000-500,000 viewers on Destination Amercia. But you can't compare five years ago. TV landscape changed a lot in cord cutting etc since then. Raw was averaging 3.6 million viewers that year and now there around 2 million.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
TNA did between 340,000-500,000 viewers on Destination Amercia. But you can't compare five years ago. TV landscape changed a lot in cord cutting etc since then. Raw was averaging 3.6 million viewers that year and now there around 2 million.
A lot of that has to do with cord-cutting, but a lot of that has to do with quality and the show going to three hours wearing people thin. No doubt it was a different time, but not radically different.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
A lot of that has to do with cord-cutting, but a lot of that has to do with quality and the show going to three hours wearing people thin. No doubt it was a different time, but not radically different.

FWIW TNA was down to 140,000 viewers on Pop and they were in more homes then Destination America near the end. With their best rating on Pop ever 410,000 viewers.

Things changed enough that 5 years ago AEW average rating of 900,000 viewers since debut or even 800,000 viewers since Full Gear. Probably wouldn't have been a good rating 5 years ago. While now they are blowing away anything else that's on TNT besides NBA (and they even beat that some weeks).

Tv landscape changed to where live weekly tv brings a lot of value to a network. Because in this day and age people aren't watching reruns of old tv shows or reply of older movies like they use too. Since people can watch these shows or movies in streaming services and binge them anytime they want. So TNT is getting great deal having AEW right now.

Considering Spike was paying like 10 million a year to show TNA and Destination America paid them millions too.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
FWIW TNA was down to 140,000 viewers on Pop and they were in more homes then Destination America near the end. With their best rating on Pop ever 410,000 viewers.

Things changed enough that 5 years ago AEW average rating of 900,000 viewers since debut or even 800,000 viewers since Full Gear. Probably wouldn't have been a good rating 5 years ago. While now they are blowing away anything else that's on TNT besides NBA (and they even beat that some weeks).

Tv landscape changed to where live weekly tv brings a lot of value to a network. Because in this day and age people aren't watching reruns of old tv shows or reply of older movies like they use too. Since people can watch these shows or movies in streaming services and binge them anytime they want. So TNT is getting great deal having AEW right now.

Considering Spike was paying like 10 million a year to show TNA and Destination America paid them millions too.
Yah, but you also have to remember...it's TNA.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
For comparsion Pop tv is in 67 million homes, TNT is under 90 million homes. While USA Network is now in more then 102 million homes. Paramount Network which was Spike Tv is in over 80 million homes. I'm not sure if it was more or less pre 2015 tho.

Yah, but you also have to remember...it's TNA.
TNA was also drawing near same amount of viewers is as Raw is now in 2011-2012. But yes all the talent that was doing those numbers left by 2017. When they left Spike t.v. at end of 2014 they were down 950 to million viewers. While Raw was still doing over 4 million.

·
Banned
314 Posts
The only relevant talk is what AEW did on their debut. 1.4 million. We all know they’re capable of at least drawing that on TNT.

They’re doing less than half of that lately. That’s strictly a reflection of the quality of the show.

Those that want to obfuscate and divert attention from that are simply AEW defenders who will defend the show because THEY like it.

·
None. More. Hated.
6,149 Posts
TNA was also drawing near same amount of viewers is as Raw is now in 2011-2012. But yes all the talent that was doing those numbers left by 2017. When they left Spike t.v. at end of 2014 they were down 950 to million viewers. While Raw was still doing over 4 million.
When did TNA do close to 2 million besides the first show with Hogan which was a disaster.

Answer would be never.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The only relevant talk is what AEW did on their debut. 1.4 million. We all know they’re capable of at least drawing that on TNT.

They’re doing less than half of that lately. That’s strictly a reflection of the quality of the show.

Those that want to obfuscate and divert attention from that are simply AEW defenders who will defend the show because THEY like it.
Boom! There it is! If the ratings fluctuated a little bit, you know, that's understandable. People get busy and there are freak nights. But they have not been able to grow that audience. They have not been able to get word of mouth or endear themselves to the fans at large.

When did TNA do close to 2 million besides the first show with Hogan which was a disaster.

Answer would be never.
Well, to be fair, they were doing 1.1 pretty consistently for most of their run. It's where Russo capped them at. I'm not sure what that translated to, but my gut/maybe my memory says 1.8 million? Now that's still a far cry from what Raw is doing now. They just got 2.4 million. That's about the AEW audience between TNA and Raw there, lol.

You can play around with numbers and make them do a lot of crazy things. You can try and make AEW look giant, or you can make them look like the drips between TNA at its best and Raw at its very worst.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

It's new show buzz happens with tv shows too. Smackdown did 4 million, NXT 1.2 million as well. How shows do second and third weeks is more fair estimate. Which is closer to 1 million viewers. They've still done 750-960 all but two weeks since week 4. They also did 822 or higher 8 of 12 weeks and this weeks should be in that range too.

Answer would be never.
They did a few different shows in 2011 they averaged 1.7 to 1.8 million viewers per show. Here's example.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Lol, that link says it's the highest in the history of the show. It's a very sneaky tactic to take their highest, and compare it to Raw's absolute lowest in history during a holiday.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Lol, that link says it's the highest in the history of the show. It's a very sneaky tactic to take their highest, and compare it to Raw's absolute lowest in history during a holiday.

TNA average 1.17 in 2011. That averages out to being 1.7 million viewers. Even though it makes you feel better to think I'm making up stuff I'm not you are just wrong. I'm trying my best to be civil and just show you information to show that. But you clearly have a hard time accepting this.

Why do you think Russo uses this to brag so much? Because ratings were at this highest when he left and dropped off after he left.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts

TNA average 1.17 in 2011. That averages out to being 1.7 million viewers. Even though it makes you feel better to think I'm making up stuff I'm not you are just wrong. I'm trying my best to be civil and just show you information to show that. But you clearly have a hard time accepting this.

Why do you think Russo uses this to brag so much? Because ratings were at this highest when he left and dropped off after he left.
What? I actually said that number. I just pointed out that it's the highest in terms of viewers they've ever done and you're comparing it to Raw's lowest, and it's still an AEW audience apart. There's 700k between 1.7 and 2.4. I think they did a 1.8 recently on Christmas week? That's still 100k better than TNA ever did at its best. But Raw was still absolutely killing them then.

Anyway, you've tried to dilute the point. My point is that when TNA went to Destination America, of all the places, they weren't doing much worse than AEW is now. Yeah, it's a couple of years ago, but as you have provided, more people saw them on Spike. But it's just really funny. They lost 1.2 million fans and they were still kind of punching around AEW's weight on DA.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
What? I actually said that number. I just pointed out that it's the highest in terms of viewers they've ever done and you're comparing it to Raw's lowest, and it's still an AEW audience apart. There's 700k between 1.7 and 2.4. I think they did a 1.8 recently on Christmas week? That's still 100k better than TNA ever did at its best. But Raw was still absolutely killing them then.

Anyway, you've tried to dilute the point. My point is that when TNA went to Destination America, of all the places, they weren't doing much worse than AEW is now. Yeah, it's a couple of years ago, but as you have provided, more people saw them on Spike. But it's just really funny. They lost 1.2 million fans and they were still kind of punching around AEW's weight on DA.

Raw been doing a low closer to 2 million then 2.4. This there biggest week in a while.

·
Spanish God
1,029 Posts

Yep I just read this article the other day, ratings down pretty much across the board, if you look at the USA number pretty much mirrors the drop in raw and sdl for the year. But without those numbers USA is nowhere near the top of the charts. TNT down about the same as well which is why they want more live programing like AEW.

"Ad-supported cable business’ fortunes continue to decline unless it’s live programming – news and sports".

·
Registered
4,585 Posts

1.7 million was there average weekly viewers. They had a few shows over 2 million viewers. Also 5 years now is a huge different in time when it comes to cable tv. Plus it's flawed and only compares within a few 100 viewers if you take AEW worst ratings show and TNA best on Destination Amercia.

Overall AEW average rating for 12 weeks of tv is around 900,000 which more then doubles TNA average ratings on DA. Then you consider how much tv less people watch cable tv since. Well it's really not close at all. They are a lot closer to million viewers TNA was still doing in 2014 on Spike. But again when you compare today standards to then AEW blows past those numbers.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It's new show buzz happens with tv shows too. Smackdown did 4 million, Because of Rock as well. How shows do second and third weeks is more fair estimate. Which is closer to 1 million viewers. They've still done 750-960 all but two weeks since week 4. They also did 822 or higher 8 of 12 weeks and this weeks should be in that range too.

They did a few different shows in 2011 they averaged 1.7 to 1.8 million viewers per show. Here's example.

Smackdown did 4 million Because of Rock nxt I did 1.2 1 hour

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Smackdown did 4 million Because of Rock nxt I did 1.2 1 hour
Don't make excuses. It's not like NXT would have fell even below 1.1 if they did two hours. Yet there lowest rating was 580,000 at one point. While when it you take away first week on Smackdown. Well week 2 did 2.9 million and now it's been down to 2.3 or 2.4.

AEW having same up and down spikes as other new shows. This week show should be a big positive show spike. There average rating is still around 900,000 viewers. There average rating should be closer to million IMO.

So they did lose more viewers in some weeks then I would have liked and it's there fault for type of shows they put on. But saying they should be doing 1.4 million and going from that right away is silly.

New show hype brings in a lot of casuals who don't normally watch. That's why Smackdown got a big spike and so did AEW. So it's really the fall from week 2-4 to what they are doing now. Week 2-4 number is where they should be coming in at more often.

41 - 60 of 6497 Posts