Wrestling Forum banner

5821 - 5840 of 6571 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
I'm not blaming the system I'm blaming myself I messed up in quoting so what happened happened. It's not something I did on purpose so you wouldn't see it...Like why do you think that I'm afraid of you? What would I gain by purposely leaving your name out of a quote and why are you being petty over it? You saw the shit and we were continued to have the argument so what's really the issue?

And Like I said before. History is a good reference but it DOESN'T SET ANYTHING IN STONE. And on top of that things change. WWE is a much bigger and stable company than they were back then. Also, people were willing to give wrestling a try. That's not the case nowadys, There's so much shit out there that wrestling can't really compete with. AEW is not gonna be WCW, WWE is not gonna usher in so new boom. Get over it and accept where wrestling is. And I'm not saying don't try to be better. I'm saying Wrestling is staying Niche no matter how it's presented and dressed up and you can't just sit here and act like the MNW will happen again.
When did I mention fear? I simply said you had to make an effort to remove it, which you did. Your reason and purpose is your own, and I am not speculating on it, I am just pointing out it took work to do it.

When did I say WWE MUST do the same things they have done? You said they WILL NOT ever change. You made the set in stone argument, not me. I said Vince has shown he will change direction when forced to, so it is likely based on that evidence not 100% set in stone certain, that he would again. You said he never would, ever.

You are building in excuses for them. You are the one pretending to know the future here. You give the platitude of telling them to try, but ultimately you already have determined it is not possible. Wrestling will never be cool again because you have determined it cannot be. So why bother? What a boring universe you must live in.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Also. I wanna know these people who act like AEW is so perfect and everything they do is perfect because I have not seen that at all. That to me sounds like generalizing because some people can't take the fact that people actually LIKE what AEW is doing and don't think they way they do.
I was that guy for sure until Matt Hardy showed up, MJF got shoved back down the card, Hangman lost his spotlight, and I hear that we don't want CM Punk or Killer Kross but we do want Matt Hardy and Zach Ryder.

Now, Im a wrestling fan without a place to go. I still watch AEW because they are our only hope but it doesn't feel like its happening. Only things that they are doing right these days is the Brian Cage push and letting Wardlow actually wrestle more.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Also. I wanna know these people who act like AEW is so perfect and everything they do is perfect because I have not seen that at all. That to me sounds like generalizing because some people can't take the fact that people actually LIKE what AEW is doing and don't think they way they do.
You serious, bro?

Go and read the Tessa Blanchard thread, there are legitimately people in there who immediately pretend they don't want her as soon as WWE is interested. There are people who genuinely say shit like Orange Cassidy is the next Rock or MJF is the best wrestler in the world right now and there are people who will call you a virgin or a nerd if you don't like the product AEW is producing. I have legitimately debated with all of these people and the majority of them will not explain to you why AEW is so great just that it is and if you don't agree you're a kissless virgin wrestling nerd who needs a woman.

Hell, I'm sure if we made a thread asking if AEW is the best wrestling show ever you'd get at least 25% of the people on this forum saying yes. It's definitely nothing against people who like the majority of what AEW is doing it's against those who blindly kiss AEW's ass and act like Tony Khan is the second coming of Paul Heyman. For you to suggest you've never seen it at all has to be untruthful.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I was that guy for sure until Matt Hardy showed up, MJF got shoved back down the card, Hangman lost his spotlight, and I hear that we don't want CM Punk or Killer Kross but we do want Matt Hardy and Zach Ryder.

Now, Im a wrestling fan without a place to go. I still watch AEW because they are our only hope but it doesn't feel like its happening. Only things that they are doing right these days is the Brian Cage push and letting Wardlow actually wrestle more.
You and I are in the same boat, buddy. And who is to say Brian Cage is getting “a push”? Lance Archer looked far more credible when he was facing Cody, and as soon as that program ended, Archer was off tv until a program with fucking Sonny Kiss and Joey Janela was available.

I have turned off the TV early the last 2 weeks. I didn’t do that before, because I felt there was a payoff to everything, everything meant something.

In crowdless shows, they haven’t tried to doing any fucking thing storyline-wise, except for Jericho and Cody.

You don’t care enough to put effort into your show, then I don’t care enough to make an effort to watch. Fuck you, Cody.

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
Oh look, another person getting discussion and argument mixed up.

Getting heated because I said arguing with someone because they like something and you don't is stupid.

Are you feeling okay?
Whose getting heated? Stop projecting moods over the internet.

Discussions can’t happen when people are acting elitist and talk down to others.
I’ll happily discuss things with guys like Lheurch and I know he doesn’t enjoy the product. But he doesn’t talk down to me like I’m a piece of shit who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
Discussions my ass.
You were on here insulting people because you got caught in a lie.

You and I have argued a lot, but it takes an honest person to admit their opinion has changed.

·
Premium Member
13,032 Posts

They don’t want Zack Ryder. Cody said they don’t want to sign him.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,947 Posts

"Our" only hope of what, may I ask?

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
They don’t want Zack Ryder. Cody said they don’t want to sign him.
Cody said that he is concerned that if he hires him they will look like All Friends Wrestling. That’s not saying he doesn’t want to sign him.

"Our" only hope of what, may I ask?
I can’t speak for TKO, but it’s pretty obvious what he means, I think: good wrestling on TV. It’s what everyone wants.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Cody said that he is concerned that if he hires him they will look like All Friends Wrestling. That’s not saying he doesn’t want to sign him.

I can’t speak for TKO, but it’s pretty obvious what he means, I think: good wrestling on TV. It’s what everyone wants.
The same Cody who pushed his jobber best friend and co-owner of the Nightmare Factory into a mid-card act that just got lots of offense against your World Tag Team champions? That Cody..? DOESN’T want to look like it is “All Friends Wrestling”?

·
Registered
9,001 Posts
But there's plenty of wrestling on TV.

Why is AEW "our" only hope?

One mans good is another mans bullshit.
Good wrestling.*

Some stuff works and other stuff doesn’t. Quality isn’t as subjective as you are making out.

The same Cody who pushed his jobber best friend and co-owner of the Nightmare Factory into a mid-card act that just got lots of offense against your World Tag Team champions? That Cody..? DOESN’T want to look like it is “All Friends Wrestling”?
Hey, don’t shoot the messenger. Not until Brandi gets here. She has to get her air time in.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Good wrestling.*

Some stuff works and other stuff doesn’t. Quality isn’t as subjective as you are making out.

Hey, don’t shoot the messenger. Not until Brandi gets here. She has to get her air time in.
Oh, I understood you were just repeating the message.

Here, I’ll repeat another Cody message: winsssss and lossesssssss matterrrrrrrr.

Ask MJF.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
wait..people have written off WWE? The monopoly of pro-wrestling? The company which redefined pro-wrestling at the end of last century?

If anyone has a chance to do it again, it's going to be WWE. Other companies will follow.
the do have the most tools in their toolbox + the most money to engineer a comeback

so, you’re right - a strong WWE means a strong wrestling landscape

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
17,947 Posts
Good wrestling.*

Okay, but the idea I get is that to most of you on here think AEW isn't good wrestling for the most part. Just have hopes for it to be.

So why are they "our" only hope?

Theres 4 wrestling shows on a week, two of which have proven history of being good wrestling in the past - why aren't they a choice with hope?

Aswell as multiple other promotions across other platforms, some of which are good (NWA and MLW).

Everything about pro wrestling is subjective.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Okay, but the idea I get is that to most of you on here think AEW isn't good wrestling for the most part. Just have hopes for it to be.

So why are they "our" only hope?

Theres 4 wrestling shows on a week, two of which have proven history of being good wrestling in the past - why aren't they a choice with hope?

Aswell as multiple other promotions across other platforms, some of which are good (NWA and MLW).

Everything about pro wrestling is subjective.
Well, for me, WWF/E has never been a hope for good professional wrestling. I have hated their shows for as long as I can remember. I am not going to revert back to studio shows, so NWA is out for me. I have no clue about MLW, and I am casual enough that I don’t want to go out of my way to find how to watch DAZN or whatever channel it is. Same reason I never watched ROH.

I am the odd diehard/casual hybrid. I am a casual wrestling fan, and an AEW diehard. It isn’t that we don’t think AEW is never good. In fact, I have said many times their show up until the pandemic hit, was on point and provided me with Nitro-level nostalgia. A few episodes were great, but for the most part, I loved the shows.

When the pandemic hit, it is like they have used it as an excuse to halfass things. I know it isn’t very likely that I will ever get a chance at another wrestling company on as large a scale, so where they are hiding behind the pandemic, scared to give away angles and great television without crowds, I think the time to jump would be NOW when WWE is floundering with their weak ass shows lacking crowds to hide the lack of substance.

It kills me thinking of the missed opportunities.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Discussions can’t happen when people are acting elitist and talk down to others.
I’ll happily discuss things with guys like Lheurch and I know he doesn’t enjoy the product. But he doesn’t talk down to me like I’m a piece of shit who doesn’t know what he’s talking about.
Discussions my ass.
I do enjoy most of the product though.I will keep watching as long as it is more good than bad. I have said that several times. I stopped watching WWE and wrestling entirely for years once Cena became a thing. They just have a few things that are intelligence insulting. It was getting much better earlier in the year before COVID, but has been getting worse the last couple months. I am as willing as anyone to give them a pass for crowdless shows once all this is over. We can all collectively agree never to discuss that time period again.

Saying OC and Marko insult anyone with a working brain does not mean I hate the product overall. But I am still going to comment and criticize dumb things. There were things I hated on my favorite Attitude Era shows too. I still loved the product overall then.

5821 - 5840 of 6571 Posts