Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Because a bunch of guys going back and forth between WWF and WCW in the mid to late 90's killed those companies? Having more than one major company gives talent choices and helps keep them fresh. Those companies just have to be managed by competent people. TNA DID have the talent to be successful and was well financed early on. Hopefully AEW will avoid those mistakes.

·
Registered
16,793 Posts
Like some said, WWE signs everyone and their mom for no long term goal, just to steal. Least AEW uses the guys for long term storylines and good usage. It adds recognition to their company, and it stops the whole AEW is a flippy show feeling. So i'm for this!

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
MJF, Hangman Page, Kenny Omega. Main event level guys who have never been in WWE

Personally, I am not a fan of Broken Matt Hardy and I feel like he clashed a bit with my perception of AEW.

That being said, The Undertaker has teleported hundreds of times and it didn't kill WWE

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
One thing to mention is that TNA was not in a great spot when Broken Matt became a thing and so it took over the entire show, because it was the only thing going on. This will not be the case in AEW . At best, Matt would have the 3rd or 4th most important match at Double or Nothing 2?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I mean where else do you get talent from? 90% of talented wrestlers would want to be in the WWE. It's just the reality, a lot of the top guys in AEW are those who were frustrated with WWE, Jericho, Moxley, Luke Harper, Matt Hardy, Jack Swagger, Cody ect ect. If they were happy in WWE they would not have wanted to join AEW.

·
Registered
420 Posts
TNA, as good as a lot of the talent was, was far worse than AEW. For a start, the storylines were just terrible in TNA and often lacked consistency. Not to mention the dated look it had, even at the time. AEW on the other hand puts out decent quality matches weekly and has a decent production value for a new show.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
:rolleyes: Where are they supposed to get wrestlers from? Narnia? WWE is the biggest company. They’re gonna dip in the same pool for crying out loud.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
another idiot that clearly has not watched wrestling long enough to know the history of this happening in every company. To bad the internet was not here when wwe destroyed many many territories by stealing talent from all the best promotions .

What did wwe do 8 years ago ? Hire all the TNA guys. mmmmm

It's the same hysterics every week on here 😂
historic that have a made up history

1 - 20 of 83 Posts