Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this wrong or not.

AEW is about too come along with it flagship show All In and following up with TNT around October.

Like UFC and even WWE with Wrestlemania.

Does AEW need more media coverage need too get more noticed by Celebrities,get more exposure too show everyone what AEW is all about.And need more eye’s on the product they put out or would that be wrong.I think Impact wrestling major fall was when they could not get,much hype around them and that is how it is what is is now.

Anyone agree or disagree or is AEW not at that stage yet.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
With their Jacksonville & Fulham connections, I can definitely see it happen. The Khan's & EVPs aren't stupid. They've build excellent hype off a Youtube series and social media alone. When TNT & All Out happens, we'll see their big marketing plan and it'll be great.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Thet can't really create much exposure yet, when AEW weekly TV show stars is when they will have the chance to make a big noise and make the world notice them.

But they got to deliver, if thet deliver everybody will be talking about it and making news about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With their Jacksonville & Fulham connections, I can definitely see it happen. The Khan's & EVPs aren't stupid. They've build excellent hype off a Youtube series and social media alone. When TNT & All Out happens, we'll see their big marketing plan and it'll be great.
Thet can't really create much exposure yet, when AEW weekly TV show stars is when they will have the chance to make a big noise and make the world notice them.

But they got to deliver, if thet deliver everybody will be talking about it and making news about it.
I agree with what guy’s are saying.

I just hope they don’t make the same mistake of TNA’s past.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I agree with what guy’s are saying.

I just hope they don’t make the same mistake of TNA’s past.
I highly doubt Matt and Nick, two guys who were victims of TNA's past, are going to make the same mistakes that TNA did. Tony, Kenny, and Cody are all too smart for that too. These are some of the most knowledgeable guys in the business about wrestling, the complete opposite of Dixie.

·
Registered
22,829 Posts
They're not doing much but it's early. But I'm sure by around August they'll be getting trotted out to do some morning shows, radio interviews, and maybe do one of the talking head sports shows. Have MJF, Cody and Brandi, and Jericho be your main brand ambassadors. Then send the rest of the roster do interviews for outlets that makes sense. Try and send Omega and The Bucks to talk to folk in the gaming sphere like Kinda Funny. Send Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose to do something with LGBTQ media. Whoever on the roster got the furthest in sports send out to do the sports shows. Try and get Darby on something Skating or Metal related.

That way you're sending folk to environments that fit their actual personality so they can have real conversations with these outlets and not weird wrestling interviews where the interviewer doesn't know shit.

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,473 Posts
They're not doing much but it's early. But I'm sure by around August they'll be getting trotted out to do some morning shows, radio interviews, and maybe do one of the talking head sports shows. Have MJF, Cody and Brandi, and Jericho be your main brand ambassadors. Then send the rest of the roster do interviews for outlets that makes sense. Try and send Omega and The Bucks to talk to folk in the gaming sphere like Kinda Funny. Send Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose to do something with LGBTQ media. Whoever on the roster got the furthest in sports send out to do the sports shows. Try and get Darby on something Skating or Metal related.

That way you're sending folk to environments that fit their actual personality so they can have real conversations with these outlets and not weird wrestling interviews where the interviewer doesn't know shit.
MJF on talk shows will be something to behold.

·
Premium Member
13,340 Posts
They haven't really got anyone who can draw some casual fans apart from Jericho. So they're very limited.

But they should use Jericho anyway.
"watch Chris Jericho fight for the AEW World Championship at AEW All Out"
It would be a good idea to give away Chris Jericho's match from Double or Nothing on youtube. So when lapsed fans hear the name, they'll see that match on YT - maybe like what they see and then watch AEW.

Actually they have Moxley as well. Do something similar like what I suggested about Jericho. Instead the tagline can be something like "he's escaped from the asylum and is crazier than ever. See him fight at AEW All Out"

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
they dont really need to,They will do well regardless. But either way once they debut the show they will start focusing on more media im sure.Sorta silly at this point when they only had 1 ppv and 2 glorified house shows.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Especially since he'll stay in character
He was the best on the Rosie O'Donnel show

They haven't really got anyone who can draw some casual fans apart from Jericho. So they're very limited.

But they should use Jericho anyway.
"watch Chris Jericho fight for the AEW World Championship at AEW All Out"
It would be a good idea to give away Chris Jericho's match from Double or Nothing on youtube. So when lapsed fans hear the name, they'll see that match on YT - maybe like what they see and then watch AEW.

Actually they have Moxley as well. Do something similar like what I suggested about Jericho. Instead the tagline can be something like "he's escaped from the asylum and is crazier than ever. See him fight at AEW All Out"
The biggest issues with promoting Moxley is casuals only know him as Ambrose, at least Jericho was able to keep his name cross companies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts