Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts
She was the first name that popped into my head when Brit told Paige to find a tag team partner.

Imo they should do Sasha vs Riho first, then build up to Sasha vs Brit if she even does sign w AEW

Sasha vs Brit
Sasha vs Jade &
Sasha vs Thunder Rosa would be money

Sasha vs Jaime & Sasha vs Toni would be good too'

I think AEW should have people (like Sasha) come in for 6-12 month runs, then let them go back to the fed or elsewhere. Get them back after an absence of a year or two for a fresh run. I know it’s logistically difficult but it would keep things fresh. I get so bored of the same faces within the one promotion doing the same thing over and over again.

They don't need that drama to deal with

If they pick up Sasha it would be their biggest signing since Bryan Danielson and Cm Punk so I'm all for it.

Reactions: Bahn Yuki
Sad to say, but I don’t think it would be worth paying her (or any other woman) what she would be asking for. The women’s division loses 100k viewers pretty much every week and Sasha wouldn’t be able to stop that. Tony for the love of god, please hire a booker!

I know there's a lot of talk about the AEW "Roster Bloat", but that does not mean that TK should never hire new people ...
And Mercedes is absolutely the hottest free agent going. Not only that, she's a great wrestler and cuts a decent promo.

Automatic pairing with Saraya, automatic feud ready to go with Tay Melo (given the Sammy involvement).

I'd very much like to see her getting amongst it in AEW. As far as "feeding" her to Jade, it's more likely that she'll be the one ending Jade's streak :D

AEW has a female viewer problem, it drags down their demo and total viewers. Some weeks they match or even beat RAW in younger males, but never younger females. Mercedes could be one of the few signings who help that, although it'd need her to be booked well. The women's division has seen some improved booking lately so it's not impossible, but who knows. An ex-WWE (Sasha, Saraya, Athena) vs. AEW (Britt, Jade, Hayter) type feud has some potential.

Dynamite M18-49 this week: 0.40 (only NBA did more)
Dynamite F18-49 this week: 0.18 (joint sixth on cable)

I'm not convinced she's joining AEW, but there seems to be more of a chance than there was a few months ago. She's a pro wrestling fan at heart and not a WWE pureblood/PC product. She worked for the NWA and other promotions before joining WWE, so the chance to work AEW and Stardom at the same time could appeal to her. The schedule is still a big pulling point for AEW as long as they don't run lots of house shows.

I won't believe Sasha is showing up until I see it with my eyes and even then I would need confirmation that she has signed a long term contract (3-5 years). If Sasha isn't going to be Saraya's partner then AEW need to announce the actual partner weeks in advance to lower fans expectations. They will only accept Sasha, AJ Lee or a legend like Lita. Naomi would be interesting because it would be a surprising signing and it keeps the Sasha stuff as a possibility. Hardcore fans would likely be ok with someone like Giulia.

I'm so ready to give up on th
People said the same about Paige.

Mercedes Varnado Vs Saraya doesn't scream money.
People are delusional. She won't draw in aew herself. Current fans will drain all the cum they have for 3 weeks then not care. No one in wwe will cross over. Tony needs to learn that there is almost no one from wwe that will draw and it's the product itself that needs dramatic change.

If she does come in, I bet she cuts a promo where she says she's here to save the women's division and then has one match and we don't hear from her again. Don't ask me how I could ever know such a thing.
I have no respect for someone that clearly wasn't the biggest draw of the bunch and yet walks out thinking she was. Walking out because you don't like the booking is childish. And if that's her problem just imagine how she will be with aew booking.

I am not so sure that Sasha will ever go to AEW and so I wont believe it until it happens.

She would be a good grab (if she has a reasonable asking price) because it would bring more eyes to the Women's Division like Saraya has (and please don't start replying to me with a bunch of geek numbers, claiming that Saraya is a failure).

This is another one of those things that I don't even get the point in speculating where Sasha will end up next. She will end up wherever she wants to go and that's all we know. We went through this with MJFs drama with Tony Khan and yet he is now the AEW World Champion and all of that other gossip is a distant memory.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.