Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think im now down to watching ONLY ppvs from now on. Tony Kahn just doesn't get it at all. Same shit over and over.

Did i like Full Gear? I liked it but unlike most Im not afraid to admit, im very glad I didn't pay for it. It was far from a $50 show.

So whats my problem? The matches announced for Dynamite. Jericho is on the show....again! For a Roh title match.....again! With a new Japan opponent who only a very small die hard portion of the viewing audience has heard of.....once again!

You mean to tell me, in order to get an ROH tv deal there MUST be ROH title matches twice a week or it won't happen? Can't TK just have one or two weeks without ROH title defences? Whats the point of watching the ROH ppv for? Ive seen the title defended 15 times this year!

Also ever since Orange Cassidy has won the All Atlantic title he has been on every Dynamite and every Rampage. Didn't Pac defend the belt 3 times on Dark? ROH and the All Atlantic title doesn't need to be defended every damn show when you have 20 or so wrestlers people want to see and can't get tv time. But Jeff fucking Jerett gets a full time roster spot?

Im glad the elite are FINALLY back but now they are in a best of seven series with Death Triangle? Yes the matches will be great but what about the other teams? House of Black? Dark Order? The Factory? The Embassy? Top Flight with AR Fox? I want to see some new match ups.

Why is it so hard to book AEW??? I don't understand? I could do better on a video game!

·
Registered
16,157 Posts
Literally makes no fuckung sesne to not change in 3 years of a new promotion. To defend every fucking thing Criticized about your promotion. Change is called for with growth. Aew started out with the amount of audience it has now from day 1, but they should always adapt and look for more. It isn't hard to book but to do that you have to have a creative mind and Tony Khan is not a creative person at all and is a numbers guy

·
Registered
IT'S A WORK!
1,960 Posts
Didn't Pac defend the belt 3 times on Dark?
How would anyone know this kind of thing?

·
Registered
311 Posts
It won't change unless Khan puts a team in place and they desperately need to make money. As it is, AEW and WWE are in a position were they are paid to produce live pseudo sport and the people paying are in a competitive market. AEW has super rich owners; WWE is swimming with cash from past deals and former glories.

You only get must see when times are genuinely hard. Khan and Levesque both book what they enjoy, what the networks are OK with, and for a niche audience of several million long term wrestling fans. As opposed to a desperate need to find direct customers.

·
Registered
IT'S A WORK!
1,960 Posts
Well for one, you have to tune into Dark. If you don't watch Dark, you answered your own question.
I was making a joke that nobody watches Dark. Move along.

Reactions: the_flock

·
Registered
THE NEW OLD SCHOOL
592 Posts
I think im now down to watching ONLY ppvs from now on. Tony Kahn just doesn't get it at all. Same shit over and over.

Did i like Full Gear? I liked it but unlike most Im not afraid to admit, im very glad I didn't pay for it. It was far from a $50 show.

So whats my problem? The matches announced for Dynamite. Jericho is on the show....again! For a Roh title match.....again! With a new Japan opponent who only a very small die hard portion of the viewing audience has heard of.....once again!

You mean to tell me, in order to get an ROH tv deal there MUST be ROH title matches twice a week or it won't happen? Can't TK just have one or two weeks without ROH title defences? Whats the point of watching the ROH ppv for? Ive seen the title defended 15 times this year!

Also ever since Orange Cassidy has won the All Atlantic title he has been on every Dynamite and every Rampage. Didn't Pac defend the belt 3 times on Dark? ROH and the All Atlantic title doesn't need to be defended every damn show when you have 20 or so wrestlers people want to see and can't get tv time. But Jeff fucking Jerett gets a full time roster spot?

Im glad the elite are FINALLY back but now they are in a best of seven series with Death Triangle? Yes the matches will be great but what about the other teams? House of Black? Dark Order? The Factory? The Embassy? Top Flight with AR Fox? I want to see some new match ups.

Why is it so hard to book AEW??? I don't understand? I could do better on a video game!
Makes a thread trashing a show that hasn’t aired yet.

·
Registered
26,309 Posts
Makes a thread trashing a show that hasn’t aired yet.
MAGA Campaign eh?

Make AEW Great Again!

It would have had to be great to begin with.
one of you needs to change your profile pic - because the threads read bi-polar as fuck with you both having the same one xD

preferably OTBR, cause he’s a troll boi anyway that was stripped of the trios championship, so there

·
Registered
THE NEW OLD SCHOOL
592 Posts
MAGA Campaign eh?

Make AEW Great Again!

It would have had to be great to begin with.
one of you needs to change your profile pic - because the threads read bi-polar as fuck with you both having the same one xD

preferably OTBR, cause he’s a troll boi anyway that was stripped of the trios championship, so there
WTF, lol. I was first, so there!

Edit: Fuck it, I’ll take one for the team @LifeInCattleClass @BLISSED & LYNCHED

·
Registered
Trios champ, NA champ
5,286 Posts
You sound like the type of person who spends more time complaining about the show instead of just watching it.

Reactions: BrrrGoesWooo!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

You think its really THAT difficult?

Forget injuries or what not. My card for Revolution would be as follows:

AEW Championship:
(C) MJF vs. Eddie Kingston (No Dq)

Mjf wins leaving Kingston a bloody mess.

Womens Championship:
(C) Jamie Hayter Vs. Brit Baker (Hayter wins)
(First ever women's dog collar match?)

Tag Championship:
The Acclaimed vs. Silver\Reynolds vs. 2.0

(Dark Order wins the belts...they are due)

TNT Championship
Somoa Joe vs. W. Morrisey (Joe retains)

TBS Championship
Jade Cargill vs. Kris Statlander
(Statlander wins....Jades reign is over)

Trios Championship:
The Elite vs. House of Black ( HOB wins)

Revolution ladder match
Kip Sabian\ Bandido\ Swerve Strickland\Sammy Guvera\ Lee Johnson
Joker: Miro. Winner Miro

Jack Perry vs. Christian ( last man standing)
(Jack Perry wins)

Darby Allin vs Dante Martin

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
You think its really THAT difficult?

Forget injuries or what not. My card for Revolution would be as follows:

AEW Championship:
(C) MJF vs. Eddie Kingston (No Dq)

Mjf wins leaving Kingston a bloody mess.

Womens Championship:
(C) Jamie Hayter Vs. Brit Baker (Hayter wins)
(First ever women's dog collar match?)

Tag Championship:
The Acclaimed vs. Silver\Reynolds vs. 2.0

(Dark Order wins the belts...they are due)

TNT Championship
Somoa Joe vs. W. Morrisey (Joe retains)

TBS Championship
Jade Cargill vs. Kris Statlander
(Statlander wins....Jades reign is over)

Trios Championship:
The Elite vs. House of Black ( HOB wins)

Revolution ladder match
Kip Sabian\ Bandido\ Swerve Strickland\Sammy Guvera\ Lee Johnson
Joker: Miro. Winner Miro

Jack Perry vs. Christian ( last man standing)
(Jack Perry wins)

Darby Allin vs Dante Martin
And you failed IMO.

Dante just got his tag team back since Darius got cleared. They should get back to business in the tag division.

The challengers in the rag title match would be fine for TV but thag doesn't feel like a PPV tag title match. Also leaves 7 Star FTR in the cold.

Britt just helped Jaimie win the title after apologizing to regain their friendship. Feels a bit rushed to turn then on one another so quickly. The story does not feel set to take that turn yet. I'd probably wait until DoN for that... Saraya can out Jaimie over at Revolution and continue to build her up as champion.

Also wouldn't push Eddie into the World Title right now because his current story has him acting unhinged and out of control.

We don't have sa timetable on Stats return so I wouldn't be fantasy booking her.

Booking AEW is not nearly as simple as some seem to think.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I wasn't talking about perfect storylines. That should be plainly obvious. Its 3 months away. The point was i could make a card on the top of my head that would be great matches for the next ppv. It IS easy. Just give us fueds and matches we want to see, have a build that is interesting and that makes sense, and the wrestlers will handle the rest. Did you see any ROH matches in my card? Did you see any Japanese wrestlers? Nope! Just the very best of AEW. Top that TK!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts