Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From watching NXT the last couple of weeks, Kross looks like he's going to be a huge star and AEW could have had him had they offered the money which for some reason they didn't. I know his woman, Scarlett, is with NXT but I'm sure that AEW could have still had him for the right money offer.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
While I haven't been watching NXT, from the Youtube videos I watched and the little bit of TNA I watched, I kinda get the feeling that Scarlett is gonna be the Sable to Kross's Marc Mero.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
From watching NXT the last couple of weeks, Kross looks like he's going to be a huge star and AEW could have had him had they offered the money which for some reason they didn't. I know his woman, Scarlett, is with NXT but I'm sure that AEW could have still had him for the right money offer.
Hard to become a huge star when less than 600K people are watching you.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
While I haven't been watching NXT, from the Youtube videos I watched and the little bit of TNA I watched, I kinda get the feeling that Scarlett is gonna be the Sable to Kross's Marc Mero.
Maybe, but Kross has a much greater presence than Mero ever did.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Maybe, but Kross has a much greater presence than Mero ever did.
Well, I do admit ignorance in this regard, having not seen him a lot.

That being said, I actually liked Marc Mero a lot more than Sable LOL. I dunno maybe the way WWE cut the Youtube videos made Scarlett stand out way more to me.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well, I do admit ignorance in this regard, having not seen him a lot.

That being said, I actually liked Marc Mero a lot more than Sable LOL. I dunno maybe the way WWE cut the Youtube videos made Scarlett stand out way more to me.
I mean, she's fucking stunning, there's no doubt about that.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
He looks like he has massive potential - and it is a shame

but it is what it is

that being said, his current goatee look is kinda 90s - he needs to go clean shaven again

·
Registered
11,534 Posts
I believe Cornette made that Mero/Sable comparison to Kross/Scarlett as well.

Regardless, Kross is better off in NXT - he made the right choice for himself. Nobody can compete with WWE in a bidding war - AEW only gets wrestlers that were in WWE and hated it and thus don't want to be there or are not of interest to WWE (outside of The Elite). Kross never made any real money in wrestling, isn't that good a wrestler and has acting aspirations. Now he makes main roster WWE money while in developmental, wil get trained in a world class facility by world class trainers 5-6 days a week and get the most exposure as WWE is world wide and helped launch The Rock, Batista and John Cena into Hollywood.

95% of North American wrestlers grew up wanting to be in WWE. If WWE wants them, they're going to take their shot there first. Then you have your freelance for life types who don't want WWE or any exclusive contract for that matter. AEW needs to find the diamonds in the deep rough in regards to prospects.

Sammy Guevara tried out for WWE twice and wasn't signed. Allin turned down a developmental offer. Statlander turned down a developmental offer. Britt Baker turned down a developmental offer (because they wanted her to give up dentistry). Jack Perry was told to get back to them when he added 30lbs.

Karrion is still a dumb ass name. At least in AEW he could have kept Killer Kross, while very basic, isn't "Karrion".

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
He looks like he has massive potential - and it is a shame

but it is what it is

that being said, his current goatee look is kinda 90s - he needs to go clean shaven again
I actually respect you being honest about this and not taking the "he didn't sign with AEW so he must suck" approach.

I'll say this -- I don't quite see what others see in Kross. I haven't seen much and he does have a look, but I do feel he needs to focus things better. And he's always going to run the risk of being in trouble, because Scarlett is the part of that act they cannot replace. He needs his WAR to be high or else they could easily swap him out for anybody. He needs to make himself irreplaceable, which means he might need to step on toes and be aggressive about being in a chief spot.

I mean, imagine Scarlett with Ricky Starks. That works. Imagine if they re-hired Chris Masters and put her with him. That's a good looking couple right there. Scarlett with anybody works. And there's always that temptation to book her effectively, so her being with an act means something, which means that they could very easily attach her to someone they randomly want to give a push to or a fresh coat of paint to. They've got a lot riding on Bobby Lashley? Put Scarlett with him and have him win a belt. They want to re-heat Joe? Put Scarlett with him and have him win a belt.

I'm not shitting on Kross, but he's got to work much harder to keep his spot and maybe even his wife. Sounds stressful, haha.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I hate that goatees are out of fashion. I can grow an awesome goatee but my full beard is a little patchy LOL
haha! I feel you

but whenever i see a goatee i just start to hear “keep rollin’ rollin’ rollin’, keep rollin’ rollin‘ rollin‘ rollin’ “ :D

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
I could see him being sashayed to the main roster pretty quickly. Scarlett forming a faction with Randy Orton, Karrion Kross and maybe some other good looking heels could work pretty fine. Riddick Moss? Kross & Moss.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts