Wrestling Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
This was a fun rampage - again better than Dynamite

loved the tag match and Trent v Cole / women’s match was ok

Spears’ squash was great - he looked so legit and his promo was good too. Shawn is a pretty good worker

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm glad to see Allie and Penelope back in a match 2 weeks after their New Years street fight, wish there was some continuity with the story though. The match itself was sloppy and mostly amateur looking, but that's to be expected with Kris Statlander, Red Velvet and Nyla Rose in the ring. I enjoyed it for what it was none the less. I never gave Penelope a second look until that street fight, and I see potential again tonight. Given the lack of talent and booking quality in AEW there's no reason Allie shouldn't be in the womens title picture with a different gimmick, or at the very least the TBS title picture with jobber Jade.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hmm interesting. IMO he is exceeding the expectations I had for him in AEW.

Was he a hot prospect 10 years ago or something?
He was a perfect 10 a few years ago.

Shawn Spears is someone who has actually been more entertaining in AEW than he was in WWE considering he was nothing in WWE, but AEW hasn't done anything special with him outside of him being the weakest member of The Pinnacle. There's some potential there for a mid-card talent though.

·
Registered
28,142 Posts
Both the opener and main event had the making of really good matches but also had "Indy-riffic" tendencies".

Like in the opener, Trent hits a Piledriver on Cole on the apron. And then like 20 seconds later, Cole is already upright, countering one of Trent's moves and about to hit another. And then later in the main event, JB hits an assisted Destroyer on Reynolds, but of course Reynolds kicks out. And then a minute later, the match ends after JB & Luchasauras hit a much less impressive looking move.

I'm pretty sure there was a Canadian Destroyer kickout in the 1st match too. Like seriously, I don't know why anyone pops for the Destroyer anymore. Everyone kicks out it, lol. And when you look at the Destroyer or a Piledriver on the apron....these moves don't mean anything. And moves that look that devastating shouldn't not mean something. This isn't just an AEW problem, but it's something that I see in AEW the most. And feel free to call me a stick in the mud, but it's hard to react to these moves when they don't amount to much in the match.

I liked the Women's Tag before the finish. Not crazy about the "Can They Co-Exist" stuff between Kris & Leyla, but some of the moves pulled off looked good, especially by Kris. Kris needs to be one of the Women's Champions eventually. She's so damn good. But then the finish comes and it's literally just Bunny knocking Leyla down for a quick pin. Felt kind of lame.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm starting to see Adam Cole finally getting a good run. Seeing his entrance with Britt and the rest of his entourage had shades of D generation x about it. He's a natural heel.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts