Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Doing something with Lethal. Finally, thank you. Wouldn’t even complain if he went over either.

that women’s match was just confusing and hard to keep track of.

No shot I’m sticking around for this ‘main event.’

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Taz: "I don't give a damn about Ring of Honor!"

Sadly the general consensus after the Elite left. 😣

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
I guess for now having the belt just be a side gimmick works but i would go as far as saying the FTW belt should be an official aew belt> I guess it really does not need to be.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Pretty good tag match. Some contrived stuff and no ref control as per, but it popped the crowd and had a good pace to it.

Cole vs Trent was my MOTN.

Rampage > Dynamite again

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
High level of workrate tonight.

For whatever reason, Luchasaurus is always super over. I loved the Lucha, Saurus call and response chant. Could've put Cole vs Trent or the tag team match on Dynamite and maybe swapped over Hobbs vs Dante to Rampage for a more balanced show on Wednesday?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Trent Beretta vs Adam Cole
This was indy garbage. Trent took a couple of bad looking bumps, though he hit some nice forearms. Cole took a very tough looking super brainbuster, then basically no sold a snap dragon suplex and an apron piledriver. He then came back with a canadian destroyer later on which was naturally only worth a 2 count, then he took a hard lariat, back suplex and a samurai driver and won soon after.

Shawn Spears vs Andrew Everett
What in the hell was Everett wearing? Not that it mattered since he destroyed in seconds. Shawn Spears tried to cut a heel promo on Punk after but looked and acted so goofy during it.

I didn't see the trios match.

Jurassic Express vs Dark Order
The big promo leading up to this involved kazoos.

This wasn't any good. We had the customary Rampage Main Event commercial that always goes too long during the middle of this. Both teams tried a tower of doom spot but they couldn't get it right on the first try and had to re-do it the second time. Alex Reynolds kicked out of a canadian destroyer and Jurassic Express hit a super sloppy double team to win it.

Overall thoughts: Really bad episode of Rampage here. Both guys took some bad looking bumps in the opener and didn't bother selling and the main was a joke before it even got started. And then there was Shawn Spears...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Doing something with Lethal. Finally, thank you.
With the exception of Bryan Fucking Danielson, no one comes into AEW and gets hotshotted to the top. They all start at the bottom and work their way into Khan's booking schedule. Spoiler: If Bray Wyatt or Keith Lee or whoever else gets signed, they'll spend the first few months bouncing around in the midcard getting acclimated too. How have people not figured this out yet?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I guess for now having the belt just be a side gimmick works but i would go as far as saying the FTW belt should be an official aew belt> I guess it really does not need to be.
Won't happen.

A) It's Taz's property and he's not giving/selling it to AEW
B) What if Taz left suddenly? What happens to the current FTW champ?

·
Registered
13,775 Posts
jungle boy for TNT championship
Won't happen.

A) It's Taz's property and he's not giving/selling it to AEW
B) What if Taz left suddenly? What happens to the current FTW champ?

ya like i said it dont need to be official anyways. It works how it is for a side belt. Will be good once Hook gets it too.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
jungle boy for TNT championship

ya like i said it dont need to be official anyways. It works how it is for a side belt. Will be good once Hook gets it too.

What needs to happen is Lethal takes the title. Taz goes crazy and send Team Taz after the belt 1 by 1. Lethal keeps retaining until Taz....sends Hook. Hook wins back the belt and away we go.

·
Registered
270 Posts
What needs to happen is Lethal takes the title. Taz goes crazy and send Team Taz after the belt 1 by 1. Lethal keeps retaining until Taz....sends Hook. Hook wins back the belt and away we go.
“Hook, Hook what does your belt say?” - some Marvez type…or maybe real interview

“FTW…”- Hook just stares into the camera before quickly Leaving

41 - 60 of 71 Posts