Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
Not the strongest lineup but Rampage has a way of surprising in a pleasant way.

Trent vs. Cole interests me as a match, but I fear it'll be overshadowed by happenings at ringside. Hopefully the ref sends everyone to the back.

Tag title match I'm apathetic to... just a filler defense for the Jurassics against a group that have been jobbed to death. Silver/Reynolds are fifth ranked so I don't know how they are allowed to jump the queue and challenge.

No real interest in the women's trios match, although I expect Leyla to fully turn against Statlander soon.

Andrew Everett is pretty good and I'm surprised to see his first AEW appearance in a feature match like this, rather than on Dark. For those who may have forgotten, he held the IMPACT tag belts a few years back, he and DJ Z lost them to Santana/Ortiz. Obviously there to job to Spears who is getting a win before facing Wardlow next week.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The tag title match with a #5 contender is done on two days’ notice on the very next Rampage. That makes sense. A higher ranked contender gets a better build up, longer angles and a “prestige” spot on PPV, a themed Dynamite, live Rampage or another Battle of the Belts.

The wrestlers on commentary in WCW like Dusty and Zbyszko would always stress that the more prestigious the match means more money at the pay window. AEW should be stressing that point…and in great detail. Maybe skim the details. Dusty’s Logic is all that needs to be said. After that fans will either get into it or they won’t.

The Beavers vs Dinos match should have some insane double teams and combo chains and such. It won’t run too long but those horses are definitely running for between eight to eleven minutes. Jurassic Express won’t have a long reign. I wouldn’t mind passing the belts around between them, FTR, PnP, Briscoes who start soon and take your pick of the strongest tag division. Two or three changes before Double or Nothing season would be fine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Whom is Everett?
He is from the North Cackalacky but not Raleigh specifically. His bio says he is 6 ft tall and 210 lbs. AE was an excellent high flyer when I used I last saw him extensively from 2014-2017. He used to be a wee bit injury prone and I don’t know if he has killed that tendency or if he still had injuries he must have put on a little weight during those three to four years away from my field of vision. Well, he is back now snd he should make an excellent JTTS. He used to team with Trevor Lee/Cameron Grimes and I always enjoyed their matches together.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The matches on here tonight are more about angle advancement than anything. Cole vs Trent has the potential to be a really great match, at least.

·
Registered
7,860 Posts
This will be Adam Cole and Trent's second singles match. Their first took place in Germany for WxW back in 2014 in a singles tournament, with Cole winning. Including this chant...

·
The House of Black Always Wins.
18,051 Posts
Looking forward to Adam Cole vs Trent Baretta. Who wins though? Trent just got back and seems to be gearing up for a possible heel turn and Adam Cole is undefeated. I'm guessing Trent takes the fall.

The eventual match between Rosa and Martinez will be good, so hopefully the special look tonight gives it a little hype. I'm happy that they're not just doing the match without some kind of build. I'd save it for Beach Break in a couple weeks. That would be a solid women's match for that show. Then they can start the build to Rosa/Britt at Revolution.

The 6 woman tag is interesting to me just because I'm a big Kris Statlander fan. Red Velvet is cool too.

Don't care for the Spears/Everett match.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have not seen the spoilers, but I think Trent loses. It could push him more towards his heel turn. The more I think about it, I think Trent turns on Best Friends and takes Chaos with him. He is obviously annoyed with Yuta being around, but if Gargano does join them at Beach Break, it could push him to further to leaving them. I could also see Trent joining Paragon.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I have not seen the spoilers, but I think Trent loses. It could push him more towards his heel turn. The more I think about it, I think Trent turns on Best Friends and takes Chaos with him. He is obviously annoyed with Yuta being around, but if Gargano does join them at Beach Break, it could push him to further to leaving them. I could also see Trent joining Paragon.
Why would Gargano join them?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Taylor and Gargano teamed for years in Chikara. Rich Swann was their usual third man. Icarus and Gran Akuma were there at some point to start before Swann completedt the trio’s lineup.

The Young Bucks’ side looka a little weak compared with their Paragon frienemies. If Kenny doesn’t come back much faster than expected the Bucks’ team only has Brandon Cutler to back them up. Cutler is a more than capable of being their #3 but he needs major rebuilding to do so.

Who else would team with Matt & Nick as a 3rd or even 4th body opposite Cole, Fish, KOR and whoever else they squeeze into this feud?

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Remember the TBS championship? Did she vanish to the same pocket universe as Jay Lethal?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts