Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 101 Posts

·
Baby It's Violence
7,194 Posts
I plan on listening to the entire interview probably when I'm at work Monday, since I know sites like this tend to take individual quotes out of context sometimes.

While it's a nice idea, I see zero chance of it happening though.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Like a fresh, creative, athletic 25 year old wrestler wanting to fuck a dying 55 year old crack whore with herpes and a deranged pimp.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Those are the words of someone who spent much of his career in Japan. Over there, almost every company has worked together. Even #1 and #2 in the noughties, New Japan and NOAH, had a working relationship. But in America, it'll never happen between WWE and AEW, as it didn't between WWE and TNA. Too many politics.

Omega also confirmed on WOR that he is currently wrestling with a torn labrum
Did he get this in the Hangman match? As he seemed a little 'off' in the latter parts of the match. It might affect the quality of his upcoming match with Mox too.

·
Registered
8,241 Posts
Did he get this in the Hangman match? As he seemed a little 'off' in the latter parts of the match. It might affect the quality of his upcoming match with Mox too.
No he torn his labrum months and months ago, he was already injured before Dynamite was a thing

·
Registered
18,324 Posts
Any chance, which is almost 1 percent at most of a talent tradeoff with Vince would be NXT not main roster talent.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I was actually thinking about that recently. I actually think in today's landscape - this is probably plausible. Back in WWE vs WCW days it was way too toxic and way too much hatred to see anything like that happen. Not so today.

If anything - someone like Y2J would be in a great position to help negotiate this - as he still has strong relationship/trust/respect for Vince & others.

But I think the biggest issue with this scenario is simply that - AEW lacks star power, big time.

WWE is so big. Plan a cross-over event to bring a prime NWO, Goldberg or Sting along? Sure - that sounds appealing.
But do so to bring....Omega? WWE's audience doesn't know him. Ambrose? Meh - been there done that, he was practically a mid-carder on his way out. Jericho? Maybe - does he still feel super special for WWE audience these days, especially with all other big names that come and go at times?

I'm not even trying to disrespect AEW - but they simply don't have mega-stars created yet. I say give it another 2-3 years - if they manage to become big enough or have big enough stars - I'd love to see a joint event/invasion angle....something.
Give it time. Back in 1991 or 1992, Ted Turner proposed a "Super Bowl of Wrestling" cross promotional event with the WWF. WWE declined. But aside from Sting and the Steiner Brothers, what exactly would WCW have brought to the table at that time?

Vader - In WCW a little over a year, building into a superstar in 1992. Not yet a household name
Rick Rude - Former 1990 SummerSlam main event talent, but otherwise an upper midcarder
Arn Anderson - Would have been considered a tag-team retread by WWF
Rick Steamboat - Last seen having a very successful run, albeit in opening matches in the WWF
Steve Austin - One year in, not a household name
Johnny B. Badd - One year in, not a household name
Cactus Jack - Mid-card wrestler for WCW for a year, not a household name
Ron Simmons - WCW World Champion, but only a top star that year
Brian Pillman - Tag-team wrestler and most recently a lightweight champion, not a household name

Take that roster and plug it in with six more years, and it's a legendary fantasy cross promotion. But not in 1992.

Likewise, we have no idea what AEW's roster will be considered to be like in 2024 or 2025. Perhaps two or three talents have emerged into true superstars with some crossover appeal, like a Darby Allin or Ricky Starks. Perhaps Top Flight is now considered the top team in the world, and is multi-time champions. Or maybe not. But we're early, very early in AEW's build.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
WWE doesn't need them, if they want Kenny Omega, they will just wait until AEW fully collapses. At this moment in time he's probably only one of a few talents WWE would actually want.

·
Banned
4,519 Posts
Asmuch as it would be off the charts, there's about as much chance as Vince turning Democrat as this happen,,which NEVER!

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Team AEW > Team WWE

Oh and just look how "The Big Bitch" Roman looks to Moxley, Moxley got that big gold belt looks like a champion looks like a wrassler! Roman looks like nothing, because he is nothing but the same boring McMahon asskisser he has always been, hes no champion hes just a McMahon asskissing bitch.

Team AEW would sweep the Team WWE bitches like the losers Team WWE are!

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Haha like Vince will go into partnership that will help the closest competition. Even if its mutually beneficial, WWE is already the top dog so they have no reason to do this.

Although Seth Rollins on Dynamite will finally bring the ratings over 1m on a consistent basis.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
AEW has good talent. It would be a good show, but WWE won't do it. Not because they would be devaluing themselves, but because they don't want to give more exposure to AEW. WWE would probably insist on dominating the show, so I wouldn't have any interest in seeing it.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
Never happening. AEW could go to WWE and ask if they can borrow a few wrestlers, but the other way around will never happen.

Also, it doesn´t take much of a genius to figure out which wrestlers AEW would want -AJ Styles, Seth Rollins & Daniel Bryan.. And in trade give Marko Stunt, John Silver and Orange Cassidy, while still thinking it´s a fair trade.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
AEW has good talent. It would be a good show, but WWE won't do it. Not because they would be devaluing themselves, but because they don't want to give more exposure to AEW. WWE would probably insist on dominating the show, so I wouldn't have any interest in seeing it.
WWE already devalues themselves putting on the worst show on tv of every week that being Monday night RAW.

Smackdown is pretty bad too.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Still wanting to “Change the World”.

...with Cody rHHHodes’ Platinum fucking hair and chicklet teeth blinding Tony Khan from the original goal. Fucking prick.
Tony's still on track for his original goal. To turn pro wrestling into a bigger laughing stock than anyone thought possible. Cody or no Cody.

21 - 40 of 101 Posts