Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
AEW has been doing great so far but one aspect that they need to improve is their wrestlers entrances. All of the entrances are very quick and they all blend with one another. Even the music themes sound very forgettable and generic. The WWE is still great at providing very unique and memorable entrances for almost every wrestler. And this is not about making the entrances more polished like the WWE. I am talking about making entrances feel more unique between the wrestlers.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It's not just the lack of volume on the themes. Some of the talent simply need better themes, period.

I don't expect them to be able to use mainstream songs from labels but this is where you use your "underground" image by signing/linking up with independent bands from, say, Soundcloud and elsewhere to give them some exposure while getting some decent to good songs.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would love Moxley to come out to Anuerysm like he did during his last indie show, but I know that won’t happen, lol!

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
the thing within the attitude era that wwe got right was ensuring you knew instantly who was coming out.

austin - glass shatter
rock - if you smell
undertaker - gong
kurt angle - trumpets
jericho - countdown
kane - organ / pyro flames

list goes on, soon as you start using generic guitar music, it takes ages for people to work out who is even coming out, its not instant. The actual music doesnt mean much, its mostly about that initial notification of who it is. Its pretty important stuff and yet it gets ignored mostly everywhere these days.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
The entrances will get better

All it takes is money and spending it on the right things

Tony Khan has the money and Daddy Khan has more, and they have experience with this kind of thing from owning the Jaguars. The NFL is big on flashy entrances, showmanship, all that good stuff

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
WCW gave people stock music all the time and it eventually worked. Pat Tanaka used what would eventually be Goldberg's theme in 1996. There we go.

Not everything is going to be a la McMahon's world. Even then, Kurt Angle's now signature theme was The Patriot's first. This is pro wrestling.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I totally agree with this. To be fair, they're just starting up, so it may be a work in progress. I find the likes of Kenny Omega's theme just lacks any depth. Compared to his NJPW theme, it just doesn't quite cut it. Let alone the others.

The ones that work the best were the pre-existing ones, i.e. Hangman's, Jericho's, Cody's and the Bucks.

·
Registered
7,888 Posts
I love Cody's entrance song/music. Page is fine. Jericho's Judas is great. Kenny's suck.. i was kind of excited when he hinted it to be something cool... it wasnt to me tbh. YB and Omega need something similar to Bullet Club theme song.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
the thing within the attitude era that wwe got right was ensuring you knew instantly who was coming out.

austin - glass shatter
rock - if you smell
undertaker - gong
kurt angle - trumpets
jericho - countdown

list goes on, soon as you start using generic guitar music, it takes ages for people to work out who is even coming out, its not instant. The actual music doesnt mean much, its mostly about that initial notification of who it is. Its pretty important stuff and yet it gets ignored mostly everywhere these days.
Amazing point. This sums everything up really.

·
Banned
8,928 Posts
I find they have some very good themes too though. Dustin rhodes is so good. Plus they allow outside themes like hangmans.

A lot of that will sort itself out with the weekly show.

I hope we dont get a massive stage set.

Gove us a modern unique version of the classic nitro set

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

austin - glass shatter
rock - if you smell
undertaker - gong
kurt angle - trumpets
jericho - countdown

Agreed. I want add, during TNA golden age, they were some interesting entrances: Down in the Catacombs a mix of classical music and heavy metal to describe Abyss as a monster Gimmick; Stampede started with military effects to describe Rhino as a War Machine; Ron "The Truth" Killings created a great rap by himself; before Destroyer, Nation of violence used tribal rhythm to introduce Samoa Joe.

The point is: entrances must describe gimmick's traits. It may adds intros, ambients and sound effects to get improve them.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts