Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Archer has been a waste for sure. I agree with you there.
But you gotta think - they have MJF, Adam Page, Brian Cage, Luchasaurus, Jungleboy, Scorpio Sky, Sammy Guevara. There is your future top talent of AEW right there. And apart from Luchasaurus, I cannot say that any of these guys have been booked badly at all.
MJF is nowhere on the level he was 4 month ago.
Brian Cage we will see after the title match.
Jungle Boy fought Cody for the title and now back to MJF or even lower.
Scorpio did what exactly the last couple month (and the future being 36 already is a little odd).
Sammy losing to Matt fucking Hardy.

I can only see Luchasaurus not being treated badly because they didnt use him besides teaming with skinny Horndswoggle.

I know what you mean but who of the ones you mentioned besides maybe Page is better off now than a year ago?! If you always use the "AEW future" term but not actually use these guys correctly they will be AEWs past soon...

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
MJF is nowhere on the level he was 4 month ago.
Brian Cage we will see after the title match.
Jungle Boy fought Cody for the title and now back to MJF or even lower.
Scorpio did what exactly the last couple month (and the future being 36 already is a little odd).
Sammy losing to Matt fucking Hardy.

I can only see Luchasaurus not being treated badly because they didnt use him besides teaming with skinny Horndswoggle.

I know what you mean but who of the ones you mentioned besides maybe Page is better off now than a year ago?! If you always use the "AEW future" term but not actually use these guys correctly they will be AEWs past soon...
MJF has lost barely any matches and apart from I believe, Moxley, he has the best W/L ratio in AEW. He is booked like a perfect heel, using dirty tactics and still winning. The coronavirus has delayed their plans for him, but he started talking about Moxley just before the pandemic hit. Sooner or later they will need to press play again

I didn’t realise Scorpio sky is so old, though.

AndJungle boy is only 23. No need to hotshot him up the card when he is clearly not ready. “almost there but not quite” is perfect booking for him.

For me, luchasaurus should’ve been treated like prime Abyss when he signed to AEW. No need to open his mouth. Give him a manager and have him be the creepy big guy with the mask.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
This is 100% fine with me. The tag divison is already stacked in AEW and I don't really care for Rusev much. What would he be? Another big strong guy when we already have a good amount of those too? No loss here.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Man are we really just accepting any source for news now?

just 2 days ago, some guy called Bin Laden broke the news that Rusev signed with AEW and that Page was in trouble. Now it’s confirmed that Rusev is with Impact because he started following them? Lol
Bin Laden broke the news that Rusev signed with AEW? When and he obviously hasn't there.

“Caught AEW sleeping” lmfao bro; Jericho confirmed they’re not actively looking to sign anyone from black Wednesday
Until they sign Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins next month and Chris Jericho's words will then be taken with a grain of salt.

The hell you talking about? They're going to sign Cody's best bud, Zack FREAKIN' Ryder, bro.
Hes a WWE jobber and AEW loves to push WWE guys and shove them into main storylines so don't be surprised when they do the exact samething with Zack Ryder.

If they don’t want him, they don’t want him. You can’t give expensive contracts to everybody from WWE or you end up like WCW or TNA. They proved that giving contracts to every exWWE guy made no difference in the long term. AEW are trying to do something different.
I’d consider losses like killer kross and Punk, because AEW did make it clear that they tried to sign these 2 guys.
They're TNA and WCW 99-01 2.0 since they're overpaying old washed up guys and never were WWE guys like Goldust, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross, Arn Anderson, Luke Harper, Jack Swagger, Jake the snake Roberts, and Dean Ambrose. So no AEW aren't trying to be different.

No shit.. signing all WWE released talent and giving them title reigns is what Impact/TNA has always done. Not surprised.
Samething AEW are doing now because they're the new TNA. When a WWE guy signs they go sttaight to the main event and main storyline with 0 build because they're WWE guys. FTR are doing a big storyline with The Young Bucks and are on a handshake deal thats a lolaew moment right there and isn't surprising at this point.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I want to see Rusev in NJPW, so if Impact allows him to do it like they want to do with DOC and Machine Gun I'm all for it. Just imagine some hard hitting contest between him and Ishii, Kenta, Suzuki, Shingo, Ibushi, Goto. I think he would be a great addition to the NEVER Openweight division.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Samething AEW are doing now because they're the new TNA. When a WWE guy signs they go sttaight to the main event and main storyline with 0 build because they're WWE guys. FTR are doing a big storyline with The Young Bucks and are on a handshake deal thats a lolaew moment right there and isn't surprising at this point.
Not even close man.. not even close. Bucks and Revival feud has been going on for years now and Revival are considered one of the best tag teams today, it makes sense for that feud and it seems like even that is not going to happen straight away and I doubt it will be a mainevent.

I listened to that Cornette FTR podcast too, I dont believe it is just a handshake deal for one second. That podcast was very clearly half work half shoot. Unless there has been a confirmation by a solid source, I refuse to believe that.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Miro has been streaming on Twitch and Impact streams on Twitch. I can see the connection there.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
MJF has lost barely any matches and apart from I believe, Moxley, he has the best W/L ratio in AEW. He is booked like a perfect heel, using dirty tactics and still winning. The coronavirus has delayed their plans for him, but he started talking about Moxley just before the pandemic hit. Sooner or later they will need to press play again

I didn’t realise Scorpio sky is so old, though.

AndJungle boy is only 23. No need to hotshot him up the card when he is clearly not ready. “almost there but not quite” is perfect booking for him.

For me, luchasaurus should’ve been treated like prime Abyss when he signed to AEW. No need to open his mouth. Give him a manager and have him be the creepy big guy with the mask.
And what will happen when MJF beats Mox for the title? All I see is the same chicken shit heel which WWE produces with no limits. I liked him before the Cody match, but after that it seemed that Cody just doesnt care anymore (as EVP not as the character), because he got what he wanted out of MJF.

Ok with JB, of course not hotshot him, but he is in a mediocre tag team, wins the ladder match for the title match, has a very good match and since then is basically back to nothing. If you think feuding with MJF does anything for both of them, I will say that, at the end someone will lose and will be off the "future of AEW" cart.

Anyways I agree that they have a lot of talented people, but at least for me not many besides the EVPs and the ex-WWE guys are treated as a big deal. At some stage you have to start pushing your "future" because it doesnt help if a green as fuck wrestler in MJF is your champion.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not even close man.. not even close. Bucks and Revival feud has been going on for years now and Revival are considered one of the best tag teams today, it makes sense for that feud and it seems like even that is not going to happen straight away and I doubt it will be a mainevent.

I listened to that Cornette FTR podcast too, I dont believe it is just a handshake deal for one second. That podcast was very clearly half work half shoot. Unless there has been a confirmation by a solid source, I refuse to believe that.
Its just started in AEW and they got pushed straight to the top without a contract because they're WWE guys and every report that has come out has said its a handshake deal.

And what will happen when MJF beats Mox for the title? All I see is the same chicken shit heel which WWE produces with no limits. I liked him before the Cody match, but after that it seemed that Cody just doesnt care anymore (as EVP not as the character), because he got what he wanted out of MJF.

Ok with JB, of course not hotshot him, but he is in a mediocre tag team, wins the ladder match for the title match, has a very good match and since then is basically back to nothing. If you think feuding with MJF does anything for both of them, I will say that, at the end someone will lose and will be off the "future of AEW" cart.

Anyways I agree that they have a lot of talented people, but at least for me not many besides the EVPs and the ex-WWE guys are treated as a big deal. At some stage you have to start pushing your "future" because it doesnt help if a green as fuck wrestler in MJF is your champion.
Only the WWE guys and the EVPs are in big storylines and everyone else including MJF are stuck in irrelevant feuds down the card. MJF dropped down the card after his match with Cody Rhodes and is now feuding with old washed up Billy Gunn doing nothing because they lost interest in him.

·
Registered
23,974 Posts
AEW’s tag division is bloated enough as is. They didn’t need Gallows and Anderson, especially after they got FTR.

As for Miro, he wouldn’t change life for AEW, but he’d he a good get for the mid card and perhaps the main event scene. Though again, I feel like AEW has enough names in that mix at the moment. And when the world allows it, I really want to see Miro in NJPW.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Bin Laden broke the news that Rusev signed with AEW? When and he obviously hasn't there.

Until they sign Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins next month and Chris Jericho's words will then be taken with a grain of salt.

Hes a WWE jobber and AEW loves to push WWE guys and shove them into main storylines so don't be surprised when they do the exact samething with Zack Ryder.

They're TNA and WCW 99-01 2.0 since they're overpaying old washed up guys and never were WWE guys like Goldust, Chris Jericho, Jim Ross, Arn Anderson, Luke Harper, Jack Swagger, Jake the snake Roberts, and Dean Ambrose. So no AEW aren't trying to be different.

Sorry dude but you do talk some shit, moxley and jericho washed up ex-wwe guys lol, Mosley and Jericho would be in prominent feuds if they were currently in wwe, fuck they have big show and dolph Ziggler in big feuds, oh and you say aew is bad for having matt hardy go over sammy or ortiz, wwe just had big show go over two future guys in a handicap match lol and let's not get started on tna when it comes to ex legit washed up wwe guys getting big pushes.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Gallows and Anderson aren't big free agents, they have been massively devalued since being in wwe.

Rusev I'm not entirely sold on, there was a time when fans were chanting for zack Ryder and he really was never anything specual, there was a time fans were demanding a big push for sandow and he flopped big time in tna, there was a time ryback was getting big feed me more chants and now he's just selling some crappy supplements.

Rusev had a good catchphrase but I'm not seeing that star quality/charisma about him. I think ec3 has more to offer than rusev.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Sorry dude but you do talk some shit, moxley and jericho washed up ex-wwe guys lol, Mosley and Jericho would be in prominent feuds if they were currently in wwe, fuck they have big show and dolph Ziggler in big feuds, oh and you say aew is bad for having matt hardy go over sammy or ortiz, wwe just had big show go over two future guys in a handicap match lol and let's not get started on tna when it comes to ex legit washed up wwe guys getting big pushes.
Chris Jericho is a washed up has been and Dean Ambrose is a never was and Chris Jericho was stuck in the first match of WrestleMania a couple of years ago. Ambrose was in the midcard before he left WWE and AEW is TNA 2.0 with old washed up guys getting pushed. If you want to go there about old washed up guys getting pushed let me know because AEW is far worse than WWE and TNA when it comes to pushing old guys.

Gallows and Anderson aren't big free agents, they have been massively devalued since being in wwe.

Rusev I'm not entirely sold on, there was a time when fans were chanting for zack Ryder and he really was never anything specual, there was a time fans were demanding a big push for sandow and he flopped big time in tna, there was a time ryback was getting big feed me more chants and now he's just selling some crappy supplements.

Rusev had a good catchphrase but I'm not seeing that star quality/charisma about him. I think ec3 has more to offer than rusev.
Everybody that has gone to AEW has devalued their name and are less popular than they were before they signed there. AEW will pickup 2 WWE jobbers in Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins next month so they don't have ro worry about anything. Ambrose, Spears, and Harper have been flops in AEW and its funny too because the narrative was "Oh WWE are holding them back and all they need is creative freedom to show what they can do." They go to AEW and flop and show that WWE were justified in having them no more than midcarders or even jobbers.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts

wwe can't do good heels anymore tbh.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Its just started in AEW and they got pushed straight to the top without a contract because they're WWE guys and every report that has come out has said its a handshake deal.
Nothing has started of the sorts. Had this been the case all released WWE guys would already be signed to AEW.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but FTR themselves have only said its a short term "handshake-deal", and they are the source for everyone reposting it in their articles from what I see. I dont consider them as a reliable source tbh, wrestlers are always working the audiences.

They wouldn't be teasing 4 horsemen if they were with AEW only short term. But I guess time will tell, lets see.

·
Banned
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Nothing has started of the sorts. Had this been the case all released WWE guys would already be signed to AEW.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but FTR themselves have only said its a short term "handshake-deal", and they are the source for everyone reposting it in their articles from what I see. I dont consider them as a reliable source tbh, wrestlers are always working the audiences.

They wouldn't be teasing 4 horsemen if they were with AEW only short term. But I guess time will tell, lets see.
Its well known that they're bringing in Zack Ryder next month its not a secret at this point.

The Revival are the source of it but they're confirming they're not under contract. No one else is denying they're under contract so why would they be the ones working AEW fans?

Thats how pay per appearances work you come in for awhile and see if you like it and if you do then you sign a contract and if you don't then you don't sign a contract.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Impact needs Rusev a lot more than AEW does and will likely shell out a lot of money to sign him. Right now Impact is arguably the 3rd best U.S. company and they need to make big moves if they plan on being serious competition to anyone.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Its well known that they're bringing in Zack Ryder next month its not a secret at this point.

The Revival are the source of it but they're confirming they're not under contract. No one else is denying they're under contract so why would they be the ones working AEW fans?

Thats how pay per appearances work you come in for awhile and see if you like it and if you do then you sign a contract and if you don't then you don't sign a contract.
One or two picks from a dozen released wrestlers isnt much to compare AEW with TNA.

Why would Revival work the fans?.. because thats what wrestlers do? To give an "Outsiders" vibe to them probably. The uncertainty of them sticking around at AEW. If you 100% believe they are only there to feud with Youngbucks and then leave, it means ofcourse they will job their way out. When they win and stay, it comes as a surprise.

Didnt one of them say along the lines of "We will be working with Cody alot now" and then changed the subject. But like I said. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
this thread is so laughable, if aew announced they signed luke and anderson and rusev everyone would just say what they have been for a while now, aew is wwe rejects etc.

and because they havent signed them your all like aew missed out big time etc.

fucking fiddle as fuck on here i swear

41 - 60 of 107 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.