Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,073 Posts
Really raising the bar with this insightful thread.

I think AEW does an excellent job at showing social media happenings. I can't recall a single feud or match that was started "because [WRESTLER A] told [WRESTLER B] to go screw themselves on Twitter!". If you have any examples let me know.

As for Youtube, they have to have that programming till it gets picked up by a network. They need to give the rest of the roster some time to wrestle and be ready for the main roster. Same philosophy behind original NXT. I really like that they recently started adding graphics showing the results of AEW Dark. I never cared about it, but now commentary are wrapping it into beef on the main show.

Considering in 2020 more people are watching the extra youtube or twitter videos than ever before, it's very smart to have that all there and reference it on the main show to encourage a viewer to go seek it out. But, including the results on Dynamite allows someone who only watches Wednesday to know what's going on. No fear of missing out, only strong arguments to check out their youtube.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Really raising the bar with this insightful thread.

I think AEW does an excellent job at showing social media happenings. I can't recall a single feud or match that was started "because [WRESTLER A] told [WRESTLER B] to go screw themselves on Twitter!". If you have any examples let me know.

As for Youtube, they have to have that programming till it gets picked up by a network. They need to give the rest of the roster some time to wrestle and be ready for the main roster. Same philosophy behind original NXT. I really like that they recently started adding graphics showing the results of AEW Dark. I never cared about it, but now commentary are wrapping it into beef on the main show.

Considering in 2020 more people are watching the extra youtube or twitter videos than ever before, it's very smart to have that all there and reference it on the main show to encourage a viewer to go seek it out. But, including the results on Dynamite allows someone who only watches Wednesday to know what's going on. No fear of missing out, only strong arguments to check out their youtube.
stfu i have been following indie wrestling longer than you have been alive.......its frustrating having to see the best segments happening on twitter

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Because during those segments viewers change the channel
You are basing this on the quarter hour ratings and nothing else. Also, AEW very rarely has an interview with their top talent or a vignette with their top talent instead focusing on vignettes for the likes of Joey Janela and Sonny Kiss who nobody is interested in at all.

Why is it frustrating lol? Allows them to use TV time for other things.
You use the TV show to sell a PPV. Putting on match after match after match after match after match doesn't sell a PPV. The best segments do.

This is Wrestling 101 and you're genuinely asking the fella why it's frustrating that they don't do this.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
You use the TV show to sell a PPV. Putting on match after match after match after match after match doesn't sell a PPV. The best segments do.

This is Wrestling 101 and you're genuinely asking the fella why it's frustrating that they don't do this.
But he saw it, whether its own TV or Youtube he saw it lol. How does it frustrate him if he saw it? Why does he or you care about selling the PPV if you see everything you need to. You're going to buy it. So again why let something frustrate you.

There's not 1 way to sell anything, reminds of when they said y'all want 70's/80's style wrestling, you know wrestling 101

·
Registered
48 Posts
Television is obsolete. A lot of people including me dont even watch it anymore.

So a bigger youtube prescience makes a lot more sense.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
But he saw it, whether its own TV or Youtube he saw it lol. How does it frustrate him if he saw it? Why does he or you care about selling the PPV if you see everything you need to. You're going to buy it. So again why let something frustrate you.

There's not 1 way to sell anything, reminds of when they said y'all want 70's/80's style wrestling, you know wrestling 101
Probably because he wants AEW to succeed but knows this isn't the right way to do it. It's not a hard concept to understand I'll even give it away for free on this forum.

TV is for building matches, putting on compelling angles and matches that build feuds.

PPV is for ending matches and putting on great wrestling matches.

Internet is for recapping all of this and promoting it all.

Not hard.

Television is obsolete. A lot of people including me dont even watch it anymore.

So a bigger youtube prescience makes a lot more sense.
Yeah okay, that'd be perfectly valid if AEW's sole source of income wasn't from a TV show.

A YouTube presence when you have tens of millions being invested into your TV show is stupid.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Gross over simplification there. AEW makes money from TV AND advertising AND sponsorship AND merchandise AND monetizing their youtube channels AND public events.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Gross over simplification there. AEW makes money from TV AND advertising AND sponsorship AND merchandise AND monetizing their youtube channels AND public events.
Yep so to increase the money coming in off TV you want your best shit on TV, sponsorship dollars comes from TV so you want your best shit on TV, merchandising is unrelated, public events aren't currently occurring and YouTube is going to make money regardless of if unique content goes up there.

By all means if they have a kick ass TV show and can't fit any other compelling segments on so they go to YouTube that'd be one thing but most weeks we ram our head up against the wall looking for some decent content to sink our teeth into only to find out it's all allegedly being uploaded on YouTube.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Probably because he wants AEW to succeed but knows this isn't the right way to do it. It's not a hard concept to understand I'll even give it away for free on this forum.

TV is for building matches, putting on compelling angles and matches that build feuds.

PPV is for ending matches and putting on great wrestling matches.

Internet is for recapping all of this and promoting it all.

Not hard.
AEW is succeeding even if not at the pace some had hoped. Thinking his or your formula to how they should things is better is utter nonsense.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts