Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anyone want to tell me how this makes sense as they shower Tony Khan in undeserved praise for doing absolutely nothing to get this forbidden door angle over? Last week's Impact was big news on Twitter and it would have been very wise to highlight it to generate more publicity with the mainstream audience, yet once again, they act like it never happened because Impact is in its own universe.

However, they have no problem highlighting a Bullet Club foot soldier who's just simply sitting in the audience as they name drop New Japan repeatedly. The second best Gaijin debuts under their forbidden door umbrella and it's crickets, yet the red carpet gets rolled out for the BC security guard. Make it make sense.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My guess is that they are slowburning the forbidden door angle. It doesn't need to happen all at once. A lot of AEW only storylines will conclude at All Out, I think the storyline will pick up more steam in the fall. The angle on Impact teases a future feud between the Elite and Bullet Club but Omega is tied up with Hangman at the moment, once he drops the title they can pick up this thread they've started with Bullet Club.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
My guess is that they are slowburning the forbidden door angle. It doesn't need to happen all at once. A lot of AEW only storylines will conclude at All Out, I think the storyline will pick up more steam in the fall.
The problem is these low tier New Japan wrestlers get immediately treated as Gods on Dynamite, yet they ignore their AEW World Champion winning and defending the Impact World titles, along with actual top tier New Japan talent appearing on Impact.

Hikuleo has a match next week on Dynamite
That's not the point. Jay White confronting Omega and staring down the title is a much bigger deal, yet as usual, they act like it never happened while they promote Hiku multiple times throughout the show. All those excuses about time constraints and TNT not allowing cross promotion have been thrown out the window.

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
I dunno. Maybe Jay White isn't interested in working in AEW and he's just Impact's thing. To me it's pretty obvious that NJPW has a relationship with AEW and TNT and Impact just has a relationship with AEW

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dunno. Maybe Jay White isn't interested in working in AEW and he's just Impact's thing. To me it's pretty obvious that NJPW has a relationship with AEW and TNT and Impact just has a relationship with AEW
This isn't a relationship. It's a robbery. Impact has gained absolutely nothing from AEW in over 7 months.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Did New Japan or Impact ever promoted even a single match happening on AEW? Besides Khan paid ads, nope. They all hype stuff that's going to take place on their programs and theres nothing wrong with it. It's been already discussed on this board in a topic created by the same user.

Either way, some mods should have a look at the creator of this topic as shes clearly doing it all for cheap baits.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did New Japan or Impact ever promoted even a single match happening on AEW? Besides Khan paid ads, nope.
Is Impact talent (outside of the goof brothers, who are only an extension of Kenny) being used on AEW? No, so why would they promote it? AEW isn't promoting THEIR OWN TALENT on Impact.

Either way, some mods should have a look at the creator of this topic as shes clearly doing it all for cheap baits.
Pointing out AEW's failures with legitimate examples isn't baiting. You not having any answers and resorting to baseless accusations is baiting.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They just gained Jay White for their show. They got Kenny Omega as champion. 'Absolutely nothing' is a bit too much mate
And no one outside of the Impact or hardcore fan bubble cares. AEW should be promoting the hell out of this, yet they act like it never happened. The casual AEW audience doesn't even know why Kenny has those belts.

·
Registered
854 Posts
And no one outside of the Impact or hardcore fan bubble cares. AEW should be promoting the hell out of this, yet they act like it never happened. The casual AEW audience doesn't even know why Kenny has those belts.
Why is catering to your fanbase such a bad thing?

The belt collector is a term they have mentioned a lot on dynamite. It's been explained. Now you can argue they haven't done a good job creatively with the belt collector gimmick and that's a debate that has legs.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
33,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why is catering to your fanbase such a bad thing?

The belt collector is a term they have mentioned a lot on dynamite. It's been explained. Now you can argue they haven't done a good job creatively with the belt collector gimmick and that's a debate that has legs.
The last I heard was Kenny try to start a belt collector chant and getting booed. I have heard absolutely nothing about how or why he won the Impact titles on Dynamite. That's not an explanation, it's a reference to something ambiguous. There's no reason whatsoever that AEW social media AT THE VERY LEAST shouldn't be promoting the hell out of this:

·
Registered
854 Posts
The last I heard was Kenny try to start a belt collector chant and getting booed. I have heard absolutely nothing about how or why he won the Impact titles on Dynamite. That's not an explanation, it's a reference to something ambiguous.
Yeah so your beef is creatively they haven't done a good job. I would agree with that.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Tony Khan has basically buried Omega’s title reign.

·
Registered
29,949 Posts
My guess is that they are slowburning the forbidden door angle. It doesn't need to happen all at once. A lot of AEW only storylines will conclude at All Out, I think the storyline will pick up more steam in the fall. The angle on Impact teases a future feud between the Elite and Bullet Club but Omega is tied up with Hangman at the moment, once he drops the title they can pick up this thread they've started with Bullet Club.
I love how anytime AEW is butchering a part of a story it's attributed to slow burning, even if that story has been going on since fucking December and January lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts