·
Registered
9,618 Posts
lol That mox guy is getting blocked left right and center

Reactions: V-Trigger

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
It makes perfect sense. Omega losing to a geek like Pac means he's definitely not beating a top star in Moxley, unless the bookers show Vince levels of retardation. Cody vs Jericho means that this is just a throwaway Jericho title defense, unless, again, the bookers show Vince levels of retardation. The top two matches, and thus the entire card, as well as the entire first month of TV, are now complete filler. The lack of demand for this event proves this. Way to hype up your TV show by telling your audience that nothing matters until after Full Gear.

Moxley vs Omega was a PPV match prior to last Saturday (one that was highly anticipated and which drew record ticket demand) but that is clearly not the case anymore. It's just a TV match at this point. Jericho vs Cody is just a TV match as well.
No I told you why demand is down. If Omega won last weekend it would be no different. Just like last four shows of tv didn't sell out either. Including Chicago at same arena that sold out All Out in 15 minutes.

When you have TWO big shows and promote those shows months in advance. Well it's going to create more of a demand for that product. Fans had planned vacations and traveled to Vegas and Chicago for long Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends for those shows. When you are selling tickets to shows every week. Now fans will be watching six weeks of tv and have more options of shows to go to.

AEW fan base isn't huge and hasn't brought in casual fans or even older WWE fans yet. They will need tv to build up that audience. That is why your theory is stupid and makes no sense. Because AEW fans who are buying tickets for these shows. Aren't saying Omega is a geek or Cody not a main event talent. They are AEW fans and buying tickets because they love those guys and also are smart marks. Now if they had tv for a while and AEW wasn't growing beyond where they are.

Then you can say yeah maybe those are reasons. But right now your theories are just dumb and flat out wrong. I told you the reason above about size of AEW fan base and increase of shows and tickets on sales is catching up the company.

It needs to be on t.v. to grow beyond this. You can't promote stuff on YouTube or Twitter and expect the demand for tickets to stay this strong. That is why hopefully some shows not selling out will end up selling out once people see the product on tv.

lol That mox guy is getting blocked left right and center
Lol his theories make no sense. He doesn't realize what AEW is right now. It's smart mark younger audience who love Omega,Pac, Cody, Bucks etc. They travel 100s of miles for those big shows. None of their fans are gonna think only stars they have are Moxley/Jericho. Hes thinking as if casuals fans are buying tickets for stars. Well the dumb ass needs to realize you need tv to get that audience lol.

Facts are ticket demand is slowing down because AEW current fan base isn't big enough to keep up with ticket demand of all these shows. They need to be on tv and grow their audience. It's amazing AEW has the audience they have already without tv. But it gonna have grow a lot more to keep having 5000-10,000 plus tickets on sale every week and to continue to sell alot of tickets.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
No I told you why demand is down. If Omega won last weekend it would be no different. Just like last four shows of tv didn't sell out either. Including Chicago at same arena that sold out All Out in 15 minutes.

When you have TWO big shows and promote those shows months in advance. Well it's going to create more of a demand for that product. Fans had planned vacations and traveled to Vegas and Chicago for long Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends for those shows. When you are selling tickets to shows every week. Now fans will be watching six weeks of tv and have more options of shows to go to.

AEW fan base isn't huge and hasn't brought in casual fans or even older WWE fans yet. They will need tv to build up that audience. That is why your theory is stupid and makes no sense. Because AEW fans who are buying tickets for these shows. Aren't saying Omega is a geek or Cody not a main event talent. They are AEW fans and buying tickets because they love those guys and also are smart marks. Now if they had tv for a while and AEW wasn't growing beyond where they are.

Then you can say yeah maybe those are reasons. But right now your theories are just dumb and flat out wrong. I told you the reason above about size of AEW fan base and increase of shows and tickets on sales is catching up the company.

It needs to be on t.v. to grow beyond this. You can't promote stuff on YouTube or Twitter and expect the demand for tickets to stay this strong. That is why hopefully some shows not selling out will end up selling out once people see the product on tv.
Your excuses are incredibly silly.

You assume that because most of the paying audience is a hardcore audience that they must be geeks who watch BTE religiously and pay to see guys like Omega and Cody. This is objectively false.

FFTF was built around The Elite, and despite having Jericho on the card to boost attendance and viewership, it had the lowest attendance of any show they've had as of yet, and had lower viewership number than Fyter Fest.

All Out generated the greatest ticket demand in wrestling the day after Moxley's match was announced, and secondary market ticket prices plummeted in the 48 hours after he was pulled from the event. At no point, before or after the injury, did they drop that dramatically, with the exception of the day of the event, which always sees large drops as sellers look to unload their inventory.

The audience that they do have, has been paying to see Moxley and Jericho. There is no other draw on the roster other than these two. Without them, they'd be forced to hold events in bingo halls. The part of the audience that cares about Omega and Cody is very small. These are facts, and if you choose to ignore them, then I can't help you.

So if you book a guy with an already minuscule fanbase, like Omega, to lose to a geek like Pac, you can't expect people to care about a match between him a legitimate star. There's no more suspense there. Having Moxley vs a jobber at a show like Fyter Fest is one thing. Having Moxley vs a jobber on a PPV is another. Similarly, sticking Jericho in a main event against another guy with a small fanbase, after you just had him in a main event with a cold talent at All Out, isn't going to get people interested. This feud certainly won't draw in lapsed WWE fans when they air on TNT, when they see some geek they know as Stardust fighting for the top title. If you really want to put Cody in the main event and have casuals/lapsed WWE fans accept him as a main eventer, then you have to build him up.

This is a filler PPV.

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I cant figure out why all of you have to argue over numbers and nonsense. The company has not even really started yet. Shits going to take time.They have already done amazing for such a new company. With out a weekly show its a different story,So once the show comes it will take a few months to build its brand. The AEW brand is not built yet. Hence the name Full gear. People need to chill the fuck out.

As if anything AEW already is not a miracle of success already

Both wwf and wcw was hurting until they slowly built its product up. So AEW is doing well

Once the intense storylines build it will grow

All of you take some fucking whiskey and jerk off or go get some sex and chill

Bubbly

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I don't care about numbers or who's drawing, I just want to see some good wrestling and to actually see Mox wrestle on another AEW PPV :lol

I think this is gonna be an interesting show cos it'll be their first one to have the TV show to help build it up, the other shows didn't have that. So to see the difference is gonna be cool.

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts

You assume that because most of the paying audience is a hardcore audience that they must be geeks who watch BTE religiously and pay to see guys like Omega and Cody. This is objectively false.

FFTF was built around The Elite, and despite having Jericho on the card to boost attendance and viewership, it had the lowest attendance of any show they've had as of yet, and had lower viewership number than Fyter Fest.

All Out generated the greatest ticket demand in wrestling the day after Moxley's match was announced, and secondary market ticket prices plummeted in the 48 hours after he was pulled from the event. At no point, before or after the injury, did they drop that dramatically, with the exception of the day of the event, which always sees large drops as sellers look to unload their inventory.

The audience that they do have, has been paying to see Moxley and Jericho. There is no other draw on the roster other than these two. Without them, they'd be forced to hold events in bingo halls. The part of the audience that cares about Omega and Cody is very small. These are facts, and if you choose to ignore them, then I can't help you.

So if you book a guy with an already minuscule fanbase, like Omega, to lose to a geek like Pac, you can't expect people to care about a match between him a legitimate star. There's no more suspense there. Having Moxley vs a jobber at a show like Fyter Fest is one thing. Having Moxley vs a jobber on a PPV is another. Similarly, sticking Jericho in a main event against another guy with a small fanbase, after you just had him in a main event with a cold talent at All Out, isn't going to get people interested. This feud certainly won't draw in lapsed WWE fans when they air on TNT, when they see some geek they know as Stardust fighting for the top title. If you really want to put Cody in the main event and have casuals/lapsed WWE fans accept him as a main eventer, then you have to build him up.

This is a filler PPV.
ffs dude you do realize Daily's Place only seats 5000 people and FFTF was a sellout right? Seriously do just an ounce of research before posting utter garbage

·
Registered
4,669 Posts

You assume that because most of the pang audience is a hardcore audience that they must be geeks who watch BTE religiously and pay to see guys like Omega and Cody. This is objectively false.

This is a filler PPV.
You just repeated with a whole bunch of nothing. Even if the main event was Moxley/Jericho it wouldn't have sold out. It has nothing to do with the card. If anything it only sold as well as it is likely because of the card.

Yes AEW fans are people who watch Being Elite every week and Road to on social media. Again nobody who watches that stuff and likes AEW is going to be turned off by Omega losing. Fact is you are wrong and couldn't be more wrong. I don't know how many times me and everyone else has to tell you.

I explained to you what's going on. Don't expect AEW to have instant sell out until they get on tv. Unless they get small arena of 5000 or less. So stop replying unless you have something new to say. Your mindset only works with a wide t.v. audience. People who made instant sell outs happen don't view those guys as jobbers or mid card guys. Or will that fan base be less excited for a match after scripted loss.

Here's some advice for you buddy. If the only people you like in AEW are Moxley, Jericho or MJF. Well then you aren't AEW fan and going to hate the product most of the time. Because in AEW guys like Cody, Pac etc are going to be main event guys. The sooner you accept that the better. Other wise you are gonna hate the product most of the time. Especially if you don't think Jericho/Cody is a big match. If that's not a big match in your eyes then stop watching now.

So again AEW fan base is what it is right now. It's not very big to continue sell out show after show. If Full Gear didn't have 6 weeks of tickets and shows in between. The demand would have been larger and sold out. It has nothing to do with the card. End of story....

·
Registered
45,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Ok, now you can commence with the topic.

But seriously, don't take the bait, either. That's how they make things spiral. I'll just state that too.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
I do wonder if they will keep doing the Road shows once tv starts or will they keep that for tv

·
Registered
6,527 Posts
It makes no fucking sense. You make no fucking sense. Congratulations on being the first poster on my ignore list.
First poster on your ignore list?

Reggie, m’man - you have nerves of steel - I think I am 20 people deep right now with all this BS ;)

On topic - any predictions for a tag team championship match?

I would take Champions Lucha Brothers vs. Plucky underdogs Jurassic Express for $1,000 Alex

·
Registered
9,618 Posts
I guess its predictable but i feel the lucha bros will win the belts. Kf riho wins that iwll really label this promotion intentional, or on its way lol. Only 1 american champion and the rest intentional!

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I do wonder if they will keep doing the Road shows once tv starts or will they keep that for tv
I think they should keep them for the PPV's, once the first match is announced then kick off the Road Shows. If no PPV's are been announced then don't do them. Have it for things like more promo's maybe not suited to a TV audience, maybe building up someone on the card. I like them makes AEW stands out.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
How the fuck are they not gonna have a PAC/Moxley/Omega three-way to determine the next number 1 contender?

They are still gonna have no automatic rematches for the champion right? So if Cody wins, Jericho doesn't get a rematch. And a triple threat between those 3 would be a perfect way to set up for the world title match at the PPV following Full Gear.

·
Le Champion
18,732 Posts
How the fuck are they not gonna have a PAC/Moxley/Omega three-way to determine the next number 1 contender?
They made it pretty clear PAC is gonna do what he wants and Page is his main focus atm. Plus Moxley and Omega have tons of unfinished business. No need to rush into these multi-man matches yet when everything is so fresh.

·
Registered
240 Posts
after reading this thread and others I am so glad none of you are in charge of booking.... the company hasnt even started tv yet and half of you want to burn through feuds and push young unproven talent like they are the next big thing.....

slow and steady is how you build up believable champions....its something you millenials just dont understand

161 - 180 of 2420 Posts